• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Oct 20 (Bayonetta Review O_O)

Yaweee

Rustymonke said:
While I would give 10/10 to a number of games, Ocarina is still the only there that deserves it IMO (maybe vagrant story, and I haven't played more than the demo of bayonetta obv). The famitsu review system is just bizarre, not to mention incredibly light weight in actual content.

It's similar to what EGM did, except integerized. The big difference here is that people care way too much about the aggregate score. For SM64 and Ocarina, three people thought it deserved highest marks, rather than four. Big whoop.

darkwings said:
Then that's even more wow O_O

How did Super Mario World or Link's Awakening go without 40/40 :(
There's dozens of even Japanese centric games you could name.

The only reason a 40/40 was newsworthy before was the rarity, that's clearly behind us now so hopefully no one will care anymore.

AFreak

Banned
Rustymonke said:
While I would give 10/10 to a number of games, Ocarina is still the only there that deserves it IMO (maybe vagrant story, and I haven't played more than the demo of bayonetta obv). The famitsu review system is just bizarre, not to mention incredibly light weight in actual content.

Wrong, I posted the three that deserve it.

B.K. said:
Famitsu had integrity back then and didn't accept moneyhats!

Because he didn't do anything banworthy?

well he was going to be banned if everything he posted was false.

duckroll said:
The guy who posted these scores also posted a bunch of news. But since there's no proof that any of this is real.... :)

I hope xfactor realizes that his entire account is now on the line because of a few Japanese sites going "Hmm... is it true Bayonetta got a 40/40 from Famitsu?". If this turns out to be fake, I'm afraid he's not coming from again. :(

He also said somewhere EVERYTHING had to be true. Not just the Bayonetta score.

My question to everyone who has been keeping up with everything, was if the info he posted was ALL true or not.

From the little bits I was able to read, while here at work, it looks like the BAYO score is true, but i didnt see anything about the rest of the info.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
PlatinumGames doesn't have the money to hat this. Right? So uhm... wow.

EDIT: Oh wait, might be fake.

Yaweee said:
It's similar to what EGM did, except integerized. The big difference here is that people care way too much about the aggregate score. For SM64 and Ocarina, three people thought it deserved highest marks, rather than four. Big whoop.
Oh yeah I'm well aware, but with with egm it was extra perspectives on a proper review, not four equal blurbs. Maybe it would be different if I knew the reviewers. And I agree about it just a number, I'm largely responding to the hullabaloo each time one appears. I suppose it's not fair when we only hear about the 40/40s without the proper context.

As a sidenote I wonder if the increasing perfect scores such as edge tens, and the recent splurging over uncharted say something about he increasing connectedness and hype felt by games journalists and their growing uniformity in this meta review age.

Is there a conscious, or unconscious, effort to have the "right" opinion. Or maybe it's just a result of the surge in games media and fansite reviewers.

inner-G said:
Bayonetta > Warriors of Light confirmed?

Awesome

What's the point of that? Besides, WoL is the first bonafide new old-school FF in ages.

Now if it were a new-jack Nomura FF, that might be a different story.

B.K.

Scans are coming out now. Bayonetta got a 40/40 for the 360 version and 38/40 for the PS3 version.

Edit: Here's this week's index:

9qgzly.jpg

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
B.K. said:
Scans are coming out now. Bayonetta got a 40/40 for the 360 version and 38/40 for the PS3 version.

Thanks. Based on the descriptions I've read here that would seem to be an accurate take.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
B.K. said:

Edit: Here's this week's index:

http://i37.tinypic.com/9qgzly.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
So much for the so called "first multiplatform famitsu 40/40" :lol

Road

This just makes it even funnier if FFXIII and GT5 don't reach 40.

Edit the OP fast to avoid getting banned.

B.K.

Looks like all the scores in the op might be fake. The real score for SRT Neo is 8/7/7/7.

I don't know Japanese, so I can't read the game title, but the screen shot and review I'm looking at now LOOKS like it's Sin and Punishment 2. It got 8/8/8/7.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Famitsu showing a glimpse of credibility by review each version seperately? :eek:

Johann

Curiouser and curiouser...

You know, Disney's Fillmore! did an episode on this. After a grueling chase through the A/V Room and the Bocce field, it ended with the inferior version receiving the same score and a firm warning that such mediocrity would not be tolerated in the future.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Damn I had the Lucius Aurelius Commodus ban him gif ready. Oh well.

Judging by the demo thread, I expected a 35 max for the PS3 version.

Top Bottom