• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Grieves

This is a good thing, it's easy enough to evolve it and now you don't have to go insane grinding for a random drop of one off a 96+ boss to fill the slot in your album.
Yeah it's not a drama but I thought it was odd that the others I got are all level 6 and the one they gave us as an apology is level 5.

Psxphile

Got my Raid Boss to Level 90 this morning. Feels good. Being able to one-turn it on the regular saves a lot on AP.

With the free 5* YKairi I have enough medals to guilt and re-roll twice. Got a 53% on the initial but re-rolled and got 93%. Nice. Shame I have little to no use for the medal itself, but I appreciate the additional Nova levels.

Sora: Rolled 57% the first time, 58% the second time.
Riku: Rolled 50% the first time, 61% the second time.

Guess this is revenge for my good rolls during the S&R&MW event. 😒

I know I'm guilty of being awfully impatient myself, but the medals are basically useless anyway, so there's no reason not to save your reroll for a guilt event, unless you're really hurting for a few extra nova levels right now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
mAEiIbz.jpg

Ilvocare

thank fuck extra content

still no guilt campaign tho

why

also lol it's still not even possible to push SL past +20 atm, why are these gems coming out now unless they throw 50 quests at us in the next update

EDIT: WAIT NO WHAT THE FUCK

0 AP IN THE MIDDLE OF LUX RANKING WEEK

SENA FUCKING STOP IT

Psxphile

Damn. New proud quests, and I still haven't finished the ones they released last time. :eek:

Yeah, 0AP is going to make ranking difficult. Raid Bosses for daaaaaaaaays...

deanote666

I got 100% on my young kairi on my first try.

I made it my share medal since no one in my party has gotten the boss past the teens...

Ilvocare

i'm literally the only one happy about 0 ap being limited to story quests because I didn't want the hours I dumped into pushing myself to nab 100 mil+ lux into the garbage

and even with all this I'm still sliding backwards in the rankings

These Proud+ Quests are no joke, I only barely managed to clear the magic one with my normal setup, the others are gonna take some planning and luck and shared KA1 abuse.

Psxphile

Good thing there's no time limit on those Proud+ quests, I'm not even going to attempt it until I complete the regular Proud quests. All fifty of 'em.

Yikes, I don't think I can do the Proud+ quests.

I mean, if I had a good way to regenerate gauges I totally could, but I run out in the middle of the second fight even with APP activating every time.

Yikes, I don't think I can do the Proud+ quests.

I mean, if I had a good way to regenerate gauges I totally could, but I run out in the middle of the second fight even with APP activating every time.

I know there's a medal (key art 1?) that i've seen in the friend list that restores a bunch of gauge every once in a while. But my medals are too weak right now, although it is not nearly as bad as i thought it would be when i saw lv. 400 enemies.

creid

This Daisy & Minnie medal + 1-cost iKairi has been a big help in the Moogle o' Glory quests. It was always a slog to get to the end without running out of SP gauge, but now it's a cinch. Kinda glad I didn't have to claw through a HSC to get it.

Psxphile

Since Zootopia took the Oscar this year, SENA is gifting one free Nick & Judy medal for all players on the 28th.

C5p0bc_U8AA-fBU.png

(hm, I think I needed just the one to guilt mine)

JP also got a bonus:

C5p2GlxU0AE6jpz.jpg:small

Not sure if they ever got these before, I remember they were exclusive to Global when they were first released.

EDIT: oh right, forgot about these:

C5o9sLtXMAEBOgS.png:small

C5pLNb8VUAEADfN.png:small

TONIGHT... at 12AM.

Hercules & Phil medals coming at cha.
Free jewels.
VIP-ers get even more bang for their buck.
And a plethora of banner pulls w/ rare skills.

This is the Daily Grind w/ KHUX.

Joqu

Guys, I've been gone from UX for uh, ages. I lost access to my account 7+ months ago and when I contacted SE back then they didn't end up recovering my save and that was that. Needless to say I've been out of the loop.

Now, a few weeks ago I really felt the urge to play again after 2.8, and I figured I'd try my luck and contact them again. And score. For some reason this time they were able to recover it this time and I got all my sweet progress back, plus I'm pretty sure I got some freebies for some reason because I've got medals I don't remember. Looking at what I got I believe they simply got me an Epic Medal Carnival pull?

So now, is there anything I need to know? What medals do the cool kids use these days? Anything I should go for? What banners does one pull from? Any tips on how I go about progressing from now on? etc

Someone in my party shares this World of Final Fantasy Cloud medal that's been wrecking everything, it's been pretty amazing and I'm rather jealous. Looking at how it was available I'm guessing you get the good stuff from limited time event deals. That sound about right?

I still have ways to go now, I'm at quest 260 in the story. Shame the 0 AP stuff is over.

Here's what I have. I don't know if there's anything special though:

z8HVtwm.jpg

63BWitq.jpg

NVWiewV.jpg

X132Crr.jpg

VU2K3iU.jpg

oKL9R3R.jpg

And here's what I've been running:

m5L5Y8k.jpg

N9udmov.jpg

TzfumSm.jpg

v8w7BWg.jpg

(My Olympia is trash tier right now and I'm upgrading Three Wishes next)

Thanks. ^^'

Burbeting

Banned
Just progress as much on story as possible for now. Having great decks/medals only really matter in some later story bosses and special events.

Joqu

Just progress as much on story as possible for now. Having great decks/medals only really matter in some later story bosses and special events.

I mean, I might have to find me a new party then because they're fairly hardcore and are expecting me to git gud as fast as possible, but sure, I don't mind that being my priority.

I really don't mind buying and spending a bunch of medals when it's the ideal time though. I've missed this game.

Skittles

I mean, I might have to find me a new party then because they're fairly hardcore and are expecting me to git gud as fast as possible, but sure, I don't mind that being my priority.

I really don't mind buying and spending a bunch of medals when it's the ideal time though. I've missed this game.
Jewel spending-wise, your first priority should be to buy all the cost boards so you can have 5 6*s if need be. For progression, focus on story quests like he said and do the events if you can.

Joqu

Jewel spending-wise, your first priority should be to buy all the cost boards so you can have 5 6*s if need be. For progression, focus on story quests like he said and do the events if you can.

Thanks! I'm definitely getting there when it comes to the cost boards though, just have one KH Riku left.

"You won't give me so much as a papaper cut."
"Yeah, well, that's the way the filo crumbles."

...Am I missing something or is this translation wonky, lol.

EDIT: 3 star, round 5 of the coliseum event, btw.

Psxphile

I'm happy knowing I'm safe from dropping out of the 10,000 tonight. Gonna need to figure out what to give that AB2+APP skill to. Probably a good upright speed medal, since Roxas&Axel&Xion just doesn't cut it anymore as a buff medal now that I have Sebastian w/ SP1.

Maybe Halloween Sora. Even with just AB1 it's been one of my best AoE speed medals since I got it.

I'm just gonna keep going into the top 5000. I dunno where the cutoff is for top 1000, but getting there this month is not all that essential, really.

EDIT: Oh wait, top 2500 is the cutoff for the extra Cid and Mirror.

Yeah, I'm just gonna stop here. Not worth the extra time and effort.

deanote666

No 0AP at the start of a new coliseum is lame...

I had to stop in the 70's of tier 11 when I was in 45th place. ;_;

Edit: Now I'm stuck in 42nd place at round 134 with no AP...

We need a guilting event so I can guilt my WoFF Squall, dang it!!!

Joqu

I thought I had solved my Cerberus problem with some poison (luck), Minnie for a heal and a defense boost II but the freaking thing just 1HKOs me at turn 3 or 4. My damage ain't cutting it.

Maybe I need to try a different status effect, some paralysis luck maybe?

But I guess I need to join the grind and get my keyblade levels up or something, my highest are at level 17. I'm assuming everyone needed to grind for Mythril Crystals at some point, yeah? I don't know if that would do it though.

I've also never guilted a medal before so I should probably get onto that with some commons grinding, yeah? Though I don't know how much Nova would help me out here. Wish I hadn't missed so many good medal events.

Psxphile

Yes unfortunately it will always come to a point that you'll need to grind/do other missions to increase your power to progress past certain points in the story quests. And if you think Cerberus is bad, wait until you get into your first fight with a more competent keyblade wielder.

If you're short on Mythril Crystals for upgrading your keys you can get more from a specific quest in Special during the weekends.

Do you have access to a medal with Sleep? I think I remember Cerberus is vulnerable to it. It'll have to be a Friend medal to be effective though, any attack after the fact will wake the enemy back up again. You're still at the mercy of RNG, though.

Unfortunately, in the grand scheme of things you're going to need better medals you can only get from pulling from the banners from the looks of the medals you have now.

Joqu

Yes unfortunately it will always come to a point that you'll need to grind/do other missions to increase your power to progress past certain points in the story quests. And if you think Cerberus is bad, wait until you get into your first fight with a more competent keyblade wielder.

If you're short on Mythril Crystals for upgrading your keys you can get more from a specific quest in Special during the weekends.

Do you have access to a medal with Sleep? I think I remember Cerberus is vulnerable to it. It'll have to be a Friend medal to be effective though, any attack after the fact will wake the enemy back up again. You're still at the mercy of RNG, though.

Unfortunately, in the grand scheme of things you're going to need better medals you can only get from pulling from the banners from the looks of the medals you have now.

I fully expected to come across bosses like this at some point, but I don't like the sound of that competent keyblade wielder... /:

Yeah, I wasted a Sleep Scrooge only to realize Cerby wakes up with the other attacks. That... made me feel quite stupid. Unfortunately no one's sharing anything with Sleep in my party, and the majority of my damage has been coming from a friend medal someone has been sharing.

Now I've gotten REALLY close to beating him, so I feel like I could do it with some paralysis + RNG, but it's pretty clear to me I'm just not good enough right now without mad luck. Unless I'm overlooking one of my unused medals being better than I think it is.

Like I said in one of my earlier posts I'm ok with spending some money on this game again, and I'm especially feeling like it now that I've hit a wall, but I do want to make sure I do so at some optimal time? Tough to predict I'm sure, but if anyone has any advice in that regard it'd be appreciated.

Also, on a somewhat related note, do jewels go on sale somewhat often, or should I not get my hopes up? From a google search it seems the last one was on black friday, which is quite a while ago... But that sale seems really good so I don't want to do anything stupid here if it's somewhat common. I'm not going F2P here but I'm not made out of money, and the fear of pulling a bunch of junk is real.

Either way, if I'm going to buy medals it'll be at the start of the week, so I'll just continue grinding for now. Just a bummer, because I was hoping I could get to the grinding after catching up more than this. :(

or maybe I just suck

Skittles

Don't pull on this deal, it's fairly mediocre since nothing good is guaranteed. Wait until they announce the next EMC and we can tell you if it's good to pull. If you're not going F2P I hope you've picked up the past 2 weekly deals. That minnie medal should help you out in your current state with some things. I'd buy one of the current avatar boards for your respective gender in game, that second chance will eventually come in handy.

Joqu

Don't pull on this deal, it's fairly mediocre since nothing good is guaranteed. Wait until they announce the next EMC and we can tell you if it's good to pull

Thanks! I figured this one wasn't that great but it's good to have some confirmation.

If you're not going F2P I hope you've picked up the past 2 weekly deals. That minnie medal should help you out in your current state with some things

I.. have not. I'm not going F2P but I'm buying the weekly deal 4 times a month is not in what I have in mind if that's your suggestion. Or were the last two special for some reason I missed?

I'd buy one of the current avatar boards for your respective gender in game, that second chance will eventually come in handy.

These are unavailable now, yeah? I looked just now and they're gone, seems like they ran until yesterday. So no second chance for me. :/ :/

Skittles

I.. have not. I'm not going F2P but I'm buying the weekly deal 4 times a month is not in what I have in mind if that's your suggestion. Or were the last two special for some reason I missed?
I didn't mean to necessarily buy the weekly deal 4 times a month, but they are the best value for your money. Especially this week and the last since you got an extra 1400 jewels and a 4 minnie medals. The bulk jewel deal discounts seem to come around every 1-2 months so there's those too.

These are unavailable now, yeah? I looked just now and they're gone, seems like they ran until yesterday. So no second chance for me. :/ :/
Not the biggest deal since skills rotate around fairly frequently. We'll be getting new avatar boards soon enough anyway(probably within the week).

If you hit a wall with Cerberus then in the meantime you can work your way through the coliseum so you can the ATB IIs in the boards. Also, work on completing missions objectives so you can get your keyblades to +20. Pick the keyblade that has the strongest medals and pump that to +20

Joqu

I didn't mean to necessarily buy the weekly deal 4 times a month, but they are the best value for your money. Especially this week and the last since you got an extra 1400 jewels and a 4 minnie medals. The bulk jewel deal discounts seem to come around every 1-2 months so there's those too.

Oh I do realize they're the best value for your money, no worries there. I didn't realize you got 1400 jewels and 4 minnie medals though? Is that the VIP stuff?

Not the biggest deal since skills rotate around fairly frequently. We'll be getting new avatar boards soon enough anyway(probably within the week).

If you hit a wall with Cerberus then in the meantime you can work your way through the coliseum so you can the ATB IIs in the boards. Also, work on completing missions objectives so you can get your keyblades to +20. Pick the keyblade that has the strongest medals and pump that to +20

I'll do some more coliseum for sure. I made progress with the previous one too but I got stuck on some monkeys. Got some decent stuff out of it though.

But I've been pretty diligent about my mission objectives, not much to do there except for a few I think I'll have to get back to at a later date anyway. ^^'
Despite that I'm still short on Mythril Crystals but I guess I should've focused more on one specific keyblade. I think my magic medals are my strongest so I'll focus on that then, it's what I need for Cerberus anyway.

Psxphile

New limited-time, 'Super Rare Deals' (?) coming tonight.

C59wJ4hU4AENsos.png

All Epics, 5 pull mercy for each. I've only saved enough for two pulls, so I'll probably just sit this one out.

Top Bottom