• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Platform: PS4 (there is also a PC version, OT for that is here.)
Website: www.warframe.com (PS4 forum will go live on launch day)
Warframe Wiki: Click Here
Release Date: PS4 Launch
Genre: Action (Third Person, Co-op Focused)
Price: Free to Play
# of Players: 4 player co-op, Solo mode
Publisher: Digital Extremes
Developer: Digital Extremes

3n1xVtx.png

Warframe is a co-operative, free-to-play, sci-fi action game developed by Digital Extremes set in a distant future where the solar system is torn between a hyper-militarist clone empire, profit-driven technological merchants, and infested mutants/zombies. The player takes the role of a "Tenno", a member of a fourth faction, warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Tenno (you) are guided by an entity called "the Lotus" through missions including timed survival, prisoner rescue, sabotage, and many more. The players are always pitted against enemies in superior numbers. To this end, players have at their disposal a varied arsenal of weapons both archaic and fantastic, and, most notably, a special suit of armor called the Warframe, each of which has a particular set of abilities. Despite being primarily a shooter game, the gameplay has a definite focus on the agility of the Warframes, featuring some parkour elements, and the way each Warframes’ abilities allow for creativity in combat.

Story:
Tenno that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Gameplay:
(shamelessly stolen from the PSN/Store page)
  • Co-op or Solo Action: Go it alone or assemble up to a 4-player squad to assist in epic PvE enemy and boss battles while raiding the solar system for ancient artifacts that increase your Warframe abilities and enhance your arsenal.
  • Your Warframe: Each Warframe possesses a different set of devastating offensive and defensive powers that can be increased and modified to help change the course of any battle.
  • The Foundry: Use acquired artifacts and resources to craft unique weapons and new Warframes.
  • Mod Collection System Collect, combine and tailor your Warframe and weapons into uniquely lethal tools with customization mods that range in scarcity from common to ultra-rare.
  • Clan Dojo: Unite with your clan under one roof: build rooms, research/build new weapons, and duel 1v1 against your clan-mates within the sanctity of your clan’s custom Dojo.
  • Sentinel Pet System: Add a fierce companion to accompany you into battle. Collect precepts to train your Sentinel for battle, protect you from enemies, gather artifacts and more.
  • New Content Monthly: The depth of gameplay and playability continually evolves with major monthly content updates.
  • Automatic Mission Generator: Never experience the same mission twice and always face a new map to conquer solo or with your squad as levels are procedurally configured for a unique raid – every time.

Pre-Order Bonuses (also free): Ultimate Fan Pack — a pre-order Pack specifically for PlayStation fans that includes an exclusive PlayStation Braton Rifle weapon skin, 50 Platinum, and 20,000 Credits. To get this pack on launch day (or when you get your PS4), you’ll have to pre-order Warframe either through SEN on the web, or through PlayStation Store on your PS3 — found in the PS4 section — by November 12th.

35uSYSz.png

More here.

z2dUg7Q.png

Lb473jG.png

More details on the Warframes here.

jd3Pm3n.png

Screens:

Wallpapers:
Gif:

warframe6sesc7.gif

==============================

NeoGAF Warframe Clan/Friends: If you would like, leave your PSN ID in the thread so we can all add each other. Also might be helpful to add what timezone/region you play in, and also mention who you are on GAF when sending out invites.

==============================

Update:
Warframe adds Trophy Support on PS4, and Customizable Controls!

Trophy Support is likely our biggest feature addition in Update 11.5 and it couldn’t come soon enough. Trophies will have to be earned as they are not retroactive. A total of 20 Trophies are available, encouraging players to rank up their equipment, build items in the Foundry with collected resources, and participate in co-operative play; a key feature we like to emphasize in the Warframe universe.
Players can now map the DualShock 4 controller to their liking, creating hundreds of layout possibilities. Find what works best for you or simply revert your changes back to the default layout with the simple press of a button.

Pro Tips : Nova and Rhino are OP.
Loki, Mag, Nyx, Nekros and Vauban are insane.
Avoid Trinity, Exaclibur and Volt.

Stick with your group. Don't be a douche. Help downed friends. Shoot at stuff. Have fun. Check the wiki for everything.

reKon

Banned
So they've been polishing up the game more for the PS4 release? Looks fun and a very hectic. Is this game going to control well?

I tried preordering this today but the PSN said I didn't have access to it. Can someone explain how to preorder this step by step on PSN for us morons? Can't wait for this!!

WarFrame | OT | Who needs a subtitle when you've got parkour ninjas in space?

The subtitle should have existed and it should have been 'Press X to ninja.'

Pro Tips : Nova and Rhino are OP.
Loki, Mag, Nyx, Nekros and Vauban are insane.
Avoid Trinity, Exaclibur and Volt.

Stick with your group. Don't be a douche. Help downed friends. Shoot at stuff. Have fun. Check the wiki for everything.

what happens when you die in the game?

reKon

Banned
Bleed out. Friends can help you get up.

If you bleed out totally, you have 4 revives per frames per day. IF you run out. Credit card.

So people usually main a few of the frame then? Also, is it easy to die/how long until you bleed out and die?

Polypunk

Neo Member
I wish this game was getting more press as a launch title, it's a great game, great free to play model, and looks great.

drproton

I can't believe I was hooked by something as ridiculous as a free pre-order of a free-to-play game, but now I'm pretty certain I'm at least going to give it a try.

Looking forward to this, but two questions-

does the game look that good on PS4 as in that gif?

it being free to play I assume there's things to buy, though?

So people usually main a few of the frame then? Also, is it easy to die/how long until you bleed out and die?

You want as much Frames as possible :
- more revives, more gameplay, more role and possibility in a party for each mission type and levels. Also, it's fun collecting and leveling. Only 30 lvl per items (frames, weapons, sentinels...) so it's easy to master them all. It takes more time to build the frame than to level them haha.
- Bleed out is maybe 15 to 30 seconds. That's why you stick with the group. You can die pretty easily by running ahead and dreawing an entire room worth of enemy fire of set a laser trap.

jayu26

Junior membership ain't gonna stop bigboss from making a kickass OT.
Metal_Gear_-_Big_Boss_Salute_(Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater).gif

On a personal note, I'm very exited to play this game on PS4.

BPoole

Just hit 500 hours played the other day. I'd honestly say this is one of the best games available for the PS4 launch. If anyone has any specific questions I can probably answer them

nice clean and concise OP, bigboss370

I def will be giving this a go when I get my PS4, you should think about maybe adding the link below in the OP under the Warframes section

https://warframe.com/game/warframes

It links to the Warframes section of the official website where you can watch video previews of all the different kinds of Warframes (classes). It's what really peaked my interest in the game

reKon

Banned
I'll definitely be putting time into Warframe as it has split-screen co-op. A feature that Killzone is sorely lacking.

Oh shit it has split screen? Wow, this is a pretty big game then if it ends up being decent. Co-Op can make decent games great in terms of experience.

Also, Killzone 3 had Co-Op and I never heard anyone talk about it and praise it including in some reviews I read. I thought it was a great addition personally and playing it on hard with a friend was fun. But, all I ever heard was bitching about the MP from fans. I know the fans aren't the ones for to blame for that omission, but I still partially blame them for not speaking up earlier about wanting that mode expanded.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I tried preordering this today but the PSN said I didn't have access to it. Can someone explain how to preorder this step by step on PSN for us morons? Can't wait for this!!

The subtitle should have existed and it should have been 'Press X to ninja.'
How do you pre order this for the ps4
You go here and add it your cart/checkout: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/ps4-pre-orders/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_PS4PREORDERS

But it looks like all PS4 pre-orders are currently down atm, probably a bug. You guys should check back in a day or two.

pushBAK

Warframe's great, played it at PAX Prime on PS4 and ran without a hitch. This will likely be the sleeper hit.

PSN ID: pushbak_

Vizzeh

Banned
Good OT :)

Will definitely play this game, although likely not the first few days with there being so many AAA I'm buying, AC4, BF4, killzone, knack etc

Oh shit it has split screen? Wow, this is a pretty big game then if it ends up being decent. Co-Op can make decent games great in terms of experience.

Also, Killzone 3 had Co-Op and I never heard anyone talk about it and praise it including in some reviews I read. I thought it was a great addition personally and playing it on hard with a friend was fun. But, all I ever heard was bitching about the MP from fans. I know the fans aren't the ones for to blame for that omission, but I still partially blame them for not speaking up earlier about wanting that mode expanded.

Woah, it is? How many (2 or 4) and can you play split with online?

I did not know this...

That def upped my hype level even more if true

I played co-op split-screen with my wife at PAX Prime. I'm pretty sure they won't remove that feature.

Junior membership ain't gonna stop bigboss from making a kickass OT.

On a personal note, I'm very exited to play this game on PS4.

thanks, I did what I could with no photoshop/editing knowledge whatsoever. :) Hope to see you in the game!

nice clean and concise OP, bigboss370

I def will be giving this a go when I get my PS4, you should think about maybe adding the link below in the OP under the Warframes section

https://warframe.com/game/warframes

It links to the Warframes section of the official website where you can watch video previews of all the different kinds of Warframes (classes). It's what really peaked my interest in the game...

feel free to add me anyone if you wanna squad up

PSN ID: TheVisualizer
Timezone: EST

thanks, I added the link.

I'll definitely be putting time into Warframe as it has split-screen co-op. A feature that Killzone is sorely lacking.

O_O

what!? you have a link to that info? that's crazy.

:(

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free

Aww yissss

thank you based mods :D

I played co-op split-screen with my wife at PAX Prime. I'm pretty sure they won't remove that feature.

wow, thats really unbelievable. even more hyped now, can't wait!

Top Bottom