• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 fastest-selling console in UK history, outsells Wii U LTD in UK [250K PS4 in 48h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoopKid

The majority of salt in this thread is from PS4 owners salty because critic and user reviews both panned Knack, and the majority of people who are "emotionally invested" are PS4 owners celebrating over the fact that a bad game sold ok because it makes them feel like their team won in sales if not quality.

It's really kind of silly to make endless "dat salt tho" posts when the salt is from PS4 owners mewling about how critics were mean to poor old Knack.

Dat salt

Steroyd

The majority of salt in this thread is from PS4 owners salty because critic and user reviews both panned Knack, and the majority of people who are "emotionally invested" are PS4 owners celebrating over the fact that a bad game sold ok because it makes them feel like their team won in sales if not quality.

It's really kind of silly to make endless "dat salt tho" posts when the salt is from PS4 owners mewling about how critics were mean to poor old Knack.

Surely those PS4 owners actually played Knack and found out it's not as bad as the reviewers made it out to be?

Your post comes off as a salty person calling others salty.

Skilletor

On both sides most likely. It wouldn't be the first time the press overrated a Mario game. Or the second, third, fourth or fifth time.

Just boggles my mind how you complain about the cinematic, hand-holding, AAA direction the industry is taking. Will buy shit you know you're going to dislike, and yet hate on something like SM3DW which is just pure, unadulterated gameplay, exquisite level design, control and variety, never insulting my intelligence, never takes control away from me. It is all great gameplay from start to finish.

It just...makes no sense to me. o_O

Goes for a lot of people I see. Complain about DLC, pay for online, broken games at launch...#ignoresnintendolololol

I don't get it. Knack IS awful.

People complain on this site when a game like Call of Duty "curb stomps" a game like Dark Souls in total sales; people complain about the state of the industry and lack of exposure to great games. And yet, we're here with a joyous celebration that a arguable, but well-cited, turd is beating a game of the year contender?

Hardy-hur-hur, time to whip out a gif.

kasane

Rock solid salt.

Don't be salty about being salty.

Nintendo is to blame for this whole thing, they made the wiiU the weak console that it is and good software suffered for it.

3D Mario World is like the Frank Grimes of gaming right now. Hard working, does everything right but then a mediocre game (Homer Simpson) comes along and does better.

Kind of a shame but it happens to everyone. Sony feels the same pain with Vita games.

Finalizer

I mean, feel free to ignore the goomba/freezamite/etc posts to fit your personal narrative, but do realize that your personal little reality isn't applicable to the rest of us.

lol no

nubbe

I don't get it. Knack IS awful.

People complain on this site when a game like Call of Duty "curb stomps" a game like Dark Souls in total sales; people complain about the state of the industry and lack of exposure to great games. And yet, we're here with a joyous celebration that a arguable, but well-cited, turd is beating a game of the year contender?

Hardy-hur-hur, time to whip out a gif.

Happens during system wars

Knack is the mascot of Sony while Mario is the mascot of Nintendo

Seda

Sorry, time to lock this thread. It was news yesterday but has since degenerated as gifs and something about saline drown out the sensible discussion remaining. Feel free of course to post another thread in the future if more numbers or info arise regarding PS4/WiiU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom