• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fired Googler James Damore asks "Don't the KKK have cool names?"

How tryhard are KKK names?

Results are only viewable after voting.
DKLmlTcVoAEQyy3.jpg:large
maybe this guy shouldn't have been fired??????, he clearly brought a lot to the google workplace that makes google great and totally an inclusive work place for all people

https://twitter.com/JamesADamore

jiiikoo

Banned
I guess he's not a part of the KKK because he hates minorities but because of the kewl outfits and funky names.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
This is sort of how I feel everytime people bring up "Man Nazi's were dapper manly men! And they had amazing tech!"

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Positive aspects of the KKK

Cons: They've killed minorities

Pros: Cool class names

Dude has to be trolling and in that regard, millenial racists were a mistake.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
There's nothing wrong with the joke (I've heard it a million times before) but complaining that the KKK is a moralized issue is pretty dumb.

an actual real tweet said:
If you make the actual KKK the only place where you can acknowledge the coolness of D&D terms, then you’ll just push people into the KKK.
google really lost a great mind when they fired this guy.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know. I mean when I hear "Grand Wizard" I don't see a terrifying robed figure standing before a flaming cross, I see a basement-dwelling manchild trying desperately to roll a 20 so that he might successfully commit hate crimes.

studyguy

"The KKK is horrible and I don’t support them in any way, but"

Also simply saying ignore him also ignores the fact that he still receives funding from people and gets TV spots in the meantime while no one is looking. Never seems like an adequate answer my dudes.

Lunar15

Man, isn't it cool how the KKK uses INCREDIBLY CREATIVE AND INVENTIVE NAMES like "Grand Wizard"?

I mean, wow, that's just the most magical and creative name I've ever heard. Seriously, that's top-line worldbuilding right there. I've never ever seen a read a book with more interesting names ever.

He lacks basic social skills. That's why being a bigot or bigot defender is easy when you are a loser.

Also those names sound like something you would use for Runescape when you were 11, and then post it in a username regret thread.

Mesoian

I guess he's not a part of the KKK because he hates minorities but because of the kewl outfits and funky names.

I, unforntunately, cannot count on my fingers and toes how many cosplayers I've seen fall into this trap. "Helsing though! The bad guys are sooo hot and their uniforms are soooo sweet, I'm gonna be just like them!"

The badguys in Helsing are nazis. Often undead. Zombie Nazis.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
He may have lost his engineering job at Google,. And made himself utterly toxic to almost every engineering employer, but at least he’s charismatic, good looking and charming, so I expect he will have a long successful career in entertainment.

PSqueak

Banned
They do sound like out of a D&D monster manual, but i think it's more the other way around, the fact that the KKK adopted those titles makes them less cool.

Next time your DM tells you your character is being attacked by an "Exalted Cyclops" your enjoyment will be decreased knowing that's a KKK title.

kirblar

Jamelle Bouie‏ @jbouie 2 minutes ago

i got clowned on occasionally for being into magic the gathering as a kid but that like, didn't make me want to join the klan
This about sums it up for me.

I distinctly rmember my arguments with people over this clown

They were standing by his bullshit free speech "stifling conservatism" talking points while I was trying to point out the dog whistles and disingenuity

Fuck this altright prick

Top Bottom