• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

It's not that Giorno's a bad character, it's just that Bruno and Mista are the true heroes of Part V and Giorno wishes he were as cool as them and I will not hear otherwise lalalalala can't hear you lalalalala.

:p
Look at ya...just sitting there acting like Narancia doesn't exist.
Giorno is great, fuck all y'all

but let me tell you about how johnny/gappy have that special something in the "coldblooded" department that really sells me on them
Giorno is cool and calculating. The moment you take him out of that mode you get Muda'd for 7 panels or killed infinitely.

I'll say this - Narancia got done dirty. He deserved a more heroic end than what he got.

But Araki giveth, Araki taketh away.
Narancia was a bro...dumb as a bag of hammers but that crew was his family. Seemed like the only one to not hate Giorno at first. Besides, the dude was the crews Joe Pesci.

Parts 5-7 all have someone who get done dirty (reminder that F.F. wasn't playable in Eyes of Heaven), but I think part 7 takes the cake imo.

Here come some crazy part 7 spoilers in case Jaded wants to stay pure.
It took me a moment for Diego's death to sink in. The fact that he died thinking he beat Funny, god damn that was the one time Dio was the good guy and he dies for it.

Ezalc

It's not that giorno is a bad character, it's that everybody else around him is infinitely more interesting and they don't have a bullshit OP stand.

Bruno is the true hero of part 5.

It's not that giorno is a bad character, it's that everybody else around him is infinitely more interesting and they don't have a bullshit OP stand.

Bruno is the true hero of part 5.
Technically Bruno died half way into Part 5 and he was only "alive" for as long as he was due to Giorno's OP stand. On the real though Giorno's stand is so hilariously OP, it's like it had no real limits. Everybody else around Giorno was more interesting, but Giorno's ability to not be stupid all the time is what saw that group to the end. People like to act like he wasn't integral to the crew but he really was. Without Giorno's influence or ability to see a plan through to the end everybody would've died...quicker.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Parts 5-7 all have someone who get done dirty (reminder that F.F. wasn't playable in Eyes of Heaven), but I think part 7 takes the cake imo.

Here come some crazy part 7 spoilers in case Jaded wants to stay pure.
It took me a moment for Diego's death to sink in. The fact that he died thinking he beat Funny, god damn that was the one time Dio was the good guy and he dies for it.
That part 7 death gets even heavier when you remember
that Diego was still trying to hunt down and kill his father, who was probably never punished for what he did. Hot Pants is another good candidate from the same part, if only because of how sudden her death is. Their deaths were back to back, too

Ezalc

Someone gets done dirty in every Part since Battle Tendency

Almost seems like doing dirty deeds is an integral part to jojo.

Also, nobody here saying Giorno is useless or anything like that. But the fact that he has a ridiculously OP stand is something that sours me on him. Also the fact that Bruno is just a lot more fun and so is Sticky Fingers as a stand concept. Dude opens his own pocket dimensions.

I forgot, can he move between two zipped up places? Like portals?

Rnr1224

Eyes of Heaven is on sale on PSN and i was thinking about picking it up. I just started reading Part 7 and am absolutely loving it so far. Is the game worth it as a fan and for the story? I don't really mind spoilers so i'm not bothered there.

Eyes of Heaven is on sale on PSN and i was thinking about picking it up. I just started reading Part 7 and am absolutely loving it so far. Is the game worth it as a fan and for the story? I don't really mind spoilers so i'm not bothered there.

It's got plenty of fanservice (a whole lot of it, so many references!), a lame story imo, and wow did they just spoil the climax of part 7.

I can't speak on the gameplay as I haven't played it outside the demo, but from what I hear it's not very good. If you do pick it up, do yourself a favor and don't play through the story mode until you finish part 7 at least.

Astral

I just wanna say that I love how Araki isn't afraid to kill off his characters. Everyone going into JoJo should do so with the mentality that their favorite character is probably going to die.

more Rohan screens

00000069.png

Wonder if they'd go back and get Romi back from the Dreamcast game for his voice?

EDIT: She's only 45? For some reason I thought she was another veteran VA like Nozawa since I've heard her in anime for like forever.

Romi was great in the PS2 game imo. I was actually hoping they would get her for ASB, but she was there as Koichi, so it wasnt too bad. She gets hate for her role as Giorno from what I understand sadly :/

How did I know they'd talk about the "Jotaro being an asshole" thing yet again?

I don't blame them, but it was the vampire blood that brought Joseph back after he was in that critical state for less than 5 minutes - before he could be counted as brain-dead. The only thing Star Platinum did was the heart-resuscitation. Jotaro contemplated Joseph's spirit as being an illusion and aaaagh forget it I quit this explanation

Tizoc

Alright gang, time to decide
Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town
Chase
Good Days

Which is the best intro of the 3?

Orb

How did I know they'd talk about the "Jotaro being an asshole" thing yet again?

I don't blame them, but it was the vampire blood that brought Joseph back after he was in that critical state for less than 5 minutes - before he could be counted as brain-dead. The only thing Star Platinum did was the heart-resuscitation. Jotaro contemplated Joseph's spirit as being an illusion and aaaagh forget it I quit this explanation

Always remember: No matter what, Pat is ALWAYS wrong.

Alright gang, time to decide
Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town
Chase
Good Days

Which is the best intro of the 3?

Honestly? I like Chase the most. It fits the darker tone. Great Days is fun but got old fast for me. Crazy Noisy was retroactively ruined by the EDM remix.

I'm als not a fan of how the openings ditched the CG, End of the WORLD was goddamn amazing, the best anime opening imo

Top Bottom