• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Oynox

First world problem, I know, but with the official introduction of BC, I hope that it won't be long before the 'My games & apps' app gets an update with a better sorting function. My own 'Ready to install' list is gonna blow the fuck up from its currently large size as I'm all-digital this gen and was mostly digital last gen on top of game sharing with my brother.

You can hide games from the ready to install list.

Oynox

Yep some time today. I think
hope
they're releasing it today because the new deals with gold comes out tonight as well and they plan to have a big BC sale.
Dreamed about that as well. But I think it would be smarter to start a sale like this at a later day since now they probably can sell some copies with the original price.

Alx

I wonder if BC support for some of the games will be dependent on voice reconition improvement (probably through Cortana). For games existing on both 360 and X1, how would the command "goto gameXYZ" register ?
It's time we get disambiguation on voice commands, so we can say "go to Assassin's Creed" and have the system offer all available choices.

im_dany

Because they want to redesign My games & apps and so didn´t really bother with the old one :)
I think we need folders and different sorting like "most played" or even favourites.

I wonder if BC support for some of the games will be dependent on voice reconition improvement (probably through Cortana). For games existing on both 360 and X1, how would the command "goto gameXYZ" register ?
It's time we get disambiguation on voice commands, so we can say "go to Assassin's Creed" and have the system offer all available choices.

When I send an SMS with Cortana and just say the name, it asks me which one. Try saying "open Xbox" on PC: if you have different apps (for example Xbox and Xbox Smartglass) it should do the same.

Alx

When I send an SMS with Cortana and just say the name, it asks me which one. Try saying "open Xbox" on PC: if you have different apps (for example Xbox and Xbox Smartglass) it should do the same.

I don't doubt Cortana will handle it fine, but since it won't be officially available on Xbox until later next year, I was wondering if in the meantime homonyms will be excluded from BC because of the lack of disambiguation.

hurzelein

Fingers crossed for some or all the Arkham series games.

HD remake of Assylum&City are confirmed right? So I doubt that will happen.

Trials HD is the thing I want the most. If it's not in there I have to keep my 360, if it is in there maybe 50%, have to think it over then.

Montresor

Hmm... Wouldn't be entirely opposed to playing Witcher 2 through BC.

I hope Halo Reach isn't available, just to help confirm an HD remaster for next year.

Ugh.

MS themselves will be making 360 games that have been remastered available in BC (like Gears 1).

Is there any evidence that remastered games en masse are likely to never be BC?

It's so important for attitudes like yours to be fringe. I hope devs and publishers aren't actually thinking like this ("it's already remastered, no need for bc").

mike4001_

We shouldn´t get too excited.

Many games are already known and they won´t fill ur that list only with our most desired AAA games.

Need somthing for the months to come :)

hurzelein

Need somthing for the months to come :)

Well and I think this would be completly the wrong direction. Sure they need something to fill Games for Gold and I grant them that. But if it's a trickle of low/midtier games like with the 360 BC of the original Xbox this will not end well.

They need heavy hitters right from the beginning to make this not into something "nice to have but whatever" but into a real argument when it comes to pro/contra PS4/Xbone.

Especially for many 360 folks that now have a PS4 (so many out there!) this would be an extremly nice argument for getting the second console not in 5 years (or never), but right now (especially looking at gamestop 360 trade in deals etc.).

Imagine if they reveal RDR on that list today (won't happen imho), every forum would freak out.

YoshiMax

Would be neat, though doing that during a deader time of the year would have been even better.

I'm hoping they do it to take some of the load off on Thursday. Between the 360 games, Battlefront for EA Access and everybody downloading the new dashboard something has got to give.....

Really hoping COD4 shows up. I'll definitely hop on to play with an increased playerbase. As a person still playing a 360, I'm really excited for this increasing population on the classics.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is there a chance that some non-digital 360 games might come to the XBL store along with this?

I think I would just like (in order of preference): PGR3, RDR, Catherine. Possibly PGR4 although I preferred PGR3. I don't have any of them digitally (never really bought 360 games digitally at all) but I would rebuy those games.

Top Bottom