• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does buying condoms have to be such an embarrassing process?

Have never been embarrassed buying condoms. I do buy Magnum though.

0ccc3e664288c62ba8367c38d5b80e67ef0514f5736e690e15953051fb258f44.jpg

I remember I was scared af to buy them my first time with a girl. So much so I chicken out. Luckily no babies were made but I did pull out just in time

whew.png

It gets easier the more you do it to the point where it doesn't really register now

wipeout364

I feel like they were just getting a laugh on their crappy late shift. I want to thank you for the post though it was well written and I got a good laugh out of your description; seems like a scene right out of a movie.

bufkus

that's odd that condoms are locked behind glass where you live. in other states, such as the one I live in, I can grab them off the shelves at grocery stores.

mango drank

I was in a Walgreens or something a while back. Picked up some condoms, stood in line waiting to buy them. After a while, a family with a couple of younger kids gets in line behind me. I try to nonchalantly hold the condoms in front of me so the kids won't see, and keep waiting. After a while, an eagle-eyed employee far away spots me, and with this stern voice says, "SIR? Are those ... "cosmetics" you're buying? Come over here, I'll open up this register for you." And kinda shakes her head, like I'm an asshole for having the audacity to keep standing in line when there were kids around.

Also, we're quickly approaching max Frasier in this thread.

I’ve never understood the rationale behind locking the condoms behind some sort of box. Is it supposed to shame people into not having sex?

That said, I do feel for you OP, that was a pretty dumb way to handle what could have been a 30 second transaction. Crazy that you can walk into a store and have a harder time buying condoms than buying a hunting knife, but hey.

MickeyPhree

I’ve never understood the rationale behind locking the condoms behind some sort of box. Is it supposed to shame people into not having sex?

That said, I do feel for you OP, that was a pretty dumb way to handle what could have been a 30 second transaction. Crazy that you can walk into a store and have a harder time buying condoms than buying a hunting knife, but hey.

Because in some areas they are a high theft item. Easy to slip into a pocket.

Top Bottom