• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizz

Incredible looking stuff! Hey TTP, don't know if someone's asked already or if you can answer or not but, are you playing the game at default sensitivity? It seemed like the part at the arc tower the character movement had a little more "pep" to it. Man, can't wait till February....

Baha

Just watched some vids off Gamersyde but I have one small grip that annoys me everytime I watch a video. Does the person playing suck at the game or are they playing just to show off the level? Running in front of enemy fire, not taking cover and flat-out ignoring or just not paying attention to enemies around them. In the sniper video there were a couple of enemies the guy missed, one he even ran past (0:37 mark, sniper is right in front of him runs to the left, he ignores the sniper). Game looks amazing but it kinda irritates me because I see myself in the same situation and I wanna shoot those enemies :lol .

iceatcs

Killzone2Com.jpg

Cerberus

Baha said:
Just watched some vids off Gamersyde but I have one small grip that annoys me everytime I watch a video. Does the person playing suck at the game or are they playing just to show off the level? Running in front of enemy fire, not taking cover and flat-out ignoring or just not paying attention to enemies around them. In the sniper video there were a couple of enemies the guy missed, one he even ran past (0:37 mark, sniper is right in front of him runs to the left, he ignores the sniper). Game looks amazing but it kinda irritates me because I see myself in the same situation and I wanna shoot those enemies :lol .

TTP is just trying to show us the beautiful environment. :(

snapshot20081204035140uo6.jpg

snapshot200812040350412lu9.jpg

someone just got owned reall bad!!!

Yes, the new video show there are a bit more color now but it doesnt mean it's a downgrade, it look much more cleaner, sharper and more polished. This is the game im gonna buy the PS3 for.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Baha said:

I still can't see it. Screen grab please? Unless you mean the one in the distance.

Ploid 3.0

zeloe326 said:
Man its going to be really hard to tear this game apart with negetive comments about the graphics. You have to be either blind, or dumb to not see this game looks amazing.

The jaggie.. er

The lightin.. gah

The colo... oh

The textur... nvm

The uh, uh art... is actually stunning

Well it has too much filters going on. It's too dark. The dust and smoke get in the way of my visibility. This is a game, not art. I don't want to be dazzled, I want to shoot shoot shoot.

Baha said:

Just ask him (TTP), but having played alongside and against him, I'd say he's pretty good.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
UntoldDreams said:
This can't be a real persona. It has to be some paid viral marketing wanker.

You can't seriously say anything in Killzone looks like an XBox 1 game. Its preposterous to say that. Its the Iraqi information guy all over again.

Never under estimate console warriors.

Snipes424

About the IGN "preview"... well first off what is IGN doing telling game developers how to make games? No one at IGN is a level designer, or a game programmer, or a game director, they are journalist, they write shit into word and take pictures, that's it.

But I think we need to make a list on how IGN could improve their shit, see how they like it.

But on topic, I'm pretty fucking blown away, the graphics, animation, effects, just too fucking amazing for words.

The best thing though is that I heard in one of the videos when an ISA squadmate killed a Helghast he was saying "Get Some." If no one knows, that's from
the movie Full Metal Jacket when the dude on the helicopter was killing the Vietnamese.
But anyways, February can't come fast enough

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
MickeyKnox said:
Terrible decision to change Mr.Convoy's hair color, his bandanna and hair lost the contrast they used to have.

His skin color is really pale as well. MFC's model I think doesn't look as good as before. They made Rico awesome and kinda went backwards with MFC.

Still can't get over losing the mohawk. These artists are so fucking good, I'm puzzled by some of the choices they made.

Some of these screens that are coming out just defy imagination.
That shot of the lighting on the trank is blowing my mind.

Also thanks for posting your impressions again TTP sounds like
its okay for me to let the hype continue to spiral out of control.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
recklessmind said:
His skin color is really pale as well. MFC's model I think doesn't look as good as before. They made Rico awesome and kinda went backwards with MFC.

Still can't get over losing the mohawk. These artists are so fucking good, I'm puzzled by some of the choices they made.

Not to offend mohawks perhaps. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is actually the reasoning behind that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BruceLeeRoy said:
Some of these screens that are coming out just defy imagination.
That shot of the lighting on the trank is blowing my mind.

Also thanks for posting your impressions again TTP sounds like
its okay for me to let the hype control to spiral out of control.

Yeah go ahead let it loose

recklessmind said:

Agree, the WWII paratrooper mohawk was a neat character design touch.

Nafai1123

Banned

Clinton514

recklessmind said:
He's older and shit. And in charge.
I may be wrong, but wasn't he referring to the gun? I couldn't see Rico lugging that shit around Helghan for too long. Heavy air and gravity will eventually get him. :lol

Clinton514 said:
I may be wrong, but wasn't he referring to the gun? I couldn't see Rico lugging that shit around Helghan for too long. Heavy air and gravity will eventually get him. :lol
I was referring to both. They changed him so much.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I feel something bad is going to happen or be announced. Too much good Sony news came out this week so there must be a huge backlash coming soon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
I feel something bad is going to happen or be announced. Too much good Sony news came out this week so there must be a huge backlash coming soon.

The only thing will be the tears of the non believers and sales-age people making claims of doom come NPD next week.

Clinton514

neojubei said:
No doubt someone will use the soon to come NPD results as an attempt to cripple the awesomeness. Quote me later. :p

edit: Or quote Kagari too :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom