• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Kuroko's Basketball S1 - up to #20
I never really got into sports shows before, but I'm really liking the pacing and the way characters are being developed here. It's kind of cool how Kuroko and Kagami's teammates do get some screentime at least, and having the team lose was a nice way to have them slow down and rethink things before stepping their game back up.

It is kind of funny that every high-tier player seemingly has to have strangely-colored hair though, and how everybody but Kuroko in the generation of miracles also had to have their hair color as part of their names. I guess teams in that universe might as well start poaching players merely based on them having unusual hair colors or something.

Got Free! yesterday (s1) so glad the spine matches s2...I wish Rin was on a disc art cover or something, its like they treat him as if he doesnt exist in the discs and arts :(
DAIbdvZWsAAbjup.jpg:large

Cornbread78

Bastard Sensei ep. 7
This was a pure calm before the storm episode as things are about to heat up again as the continued mission to kill Rumia by the outside world must continue, for...... reasons...

Also, Glen Sensei, stop checking out the HS girls you teach dammit....

Chindogg

Bastard Sensei ep. 7

This was a pure calm before the storm episode as things are about to heat up again as the continued mission to kill Rumia by the outside world must continue, for...... reasons...

Also, Glen Sensei, stop checking out the HS girls you teach dammit....

Glen's 2 years older than them lol.

phaze

Love Tyrant ep.7

This show is just plain weird, with a touch of insanity. Cute scene with Ruri followed by maddness, lol.

Chapter seperations in the adaptation are too obvious though...

Shit, is that it? Nvrmd, it's all good then...

Did Best God make an appearance yet ?

Osomatsu-san 6

I appreciate the long-term joke setup that happens in this show, such as the steadily faster father-and-son catch during the second segment, or bringing back the dark factory from an earlier episode for the closing scene.

Qurupeke

Dennou Coil 1-3
tatSO6B.jpg

Oyajin is a gift to humanity.
Wow, this is excellent. Three episodes that were full of thrill, comedy and mystery. The show is still on its setup, introducing characters and the world, but it was actually very fun. No excessive infodumps, great characters (literary every important character so far?) and a lot of good moments right from the start. Also, not only the 2D animation is really good, but this is some of the best use for CG I've ever seen. Blends so well with the rest of the show.

Also, I love seeing pretty much everyone having a pair of glasses.

Clov

Got Free! yesterday (s1) so glad the spine matches s2...I wish Rin was on a disc art cover or something, its like they treat him as if he doesnt exist in the discs and arts :(
DAIbdvZWsAAbjup.jpg:large

As a Rin fan you really can't complain. Try being a Nitori fan!

I've been meaning to pick this up, but have been really busy. I'm going to an anime convention next week, so maybe I'll pick it up then if I can find it for a decent price. Decent being close to Amazon.ca pricing, of course.

lbsa

Saekano S2 ep.6

Just when you think he rights the ship, he realizes he fucked things up elsewhere... Poor guy.

Nah f*** him. He gets no sympathy from me. Dude would like to hook up with all of the girls,but doesn't want to commit to any of them. I know he tries to play mr nice guy and all that, but it ends up being totally manipulative towards those girls emotions. And it keeps repeating and repeating all the time.

Cornbread78

Dennou Coil 1-3

Wow, this is excellent. Three episodes that were full of thrill, comedy and mystery. The show is still on its setup, introducing characters and the world, but it was actually very fun. No excessive infodumps, great characters (literary every important character so far?) and a lot of good moments right from the start. Also, not only the 2D animation is really good, but this is some of the best use for CG I've ever seen. Blends so well with the rest of the show.
Also, I love seeing pretty much everyone having a pair of glasses.

This show is friggen great, but most of the mysteries don't play themselves out until much, much later!

Nah f*** him. He gets no sympathy from me. Dude would like to hook up with all of the girls,but doesn't want to commit to any of them. I know he tries to play mr nice guy and all that, but it ends up being totally manipulative towards those girls emotions. And it keeps repeating and repeating all the time.

Well, it is a harem after all.. Besides that, Kato is the only one he has "interest" in. It's not his fault all the ladies want his D.

Tsuki Ga Kirei Episode 6

The ABC publisher part was annoying, whats wrong with serious literature, if its good then it could sell, its not like every LN is a high selling masterpiece like mahouka koukou. Oh well I guess he can still find and follow his passion somewhere.

Cornbread78

Silver Spoon S2 ep.6-7
After all that, Hachi learns more about his true support system and who he should rely on. Also, everyone is rooting for him and Aki to hook up. Wake up you two.... Well, that might be wrong after Aki's reactions to the baseball games..

KADO Episode 6

The move was really impressive and I liked the small details, all the time with the birds flying, or people just watching to see it move, helps to keep the large size of Kado in mind.

100% Teacher Pascal Episode 5 - Beware of Pop Quizzes!
DAJiCHBXsAE0Hhe.jpg:small

Darn another day and another sad Kanemaru Steeeeeeve-kun moment, lol. I always laugh at these dumb kid show things. Hayato's pop quiz being the field was probably my favorite part.

Not as good a pose as last weeks :(
DAJjfIJXUAADHdx.jpg:small

Speaking of Inuyasha I just watched 146 and I got to say their is a pretty big quality bump in term of visuals after the band of seven. Everything that happened in Hakudoshi's arc so far has been looking hot and amazing.

Kickz

The first episode of The Final Act covers almost ONE AND A HALF VOLUMES of the manga. In 24 minutes.

What in the hell.. I wonder if they were afraid they were only gonna have one shot to get it all in or something. Its still really good, but the pace is crazy fast.

Kabuki Club Episode 6

Ugh Akutsu mom plot better not mean he is not going to participate, he was really good. Though maybe if he doesnt, perhaps Ebihara will actually participate. I did like Kuro and Ebihara had sort of a bonding moment about their similar issues with fun and remaining authentic to the kabuki tradition...is he finally opening up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom