• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 demo is now live for Xbox One and W10

kevin1025

Banned
Just played it on Windows 10.

3570k (not overclocked)
GTX 1060 6GB (a tiny bit overclocked)

Runs absolutely beautifully. 1080p, 60fps, I put everything on max except for reflections (those gave issues during Horizon 3, so I figured I would turn them to Medium).

Outrun the Storm is the highlight of the demo, such a great time. The sound design is insanity when wearing headphones, there's the pounding rain, the thunder, the helicopters above, and the great engine sounds. I had a minor stutter for a few seconds on the Dubai track.

Can't wait to play it fully after I get my Ryzen build at the end of the year.

MouldyK

Forgot I need to tune the Brake Pedal soI can actually use it all because the G920 has that damn rubber thing which stops it from going down fully!

drotahorror

The whole Xbox System is such crap on PC.

There is no way for me to capture a lossless screenshot is there? It doesn't allow you to utilize stuff like Bandicam

I use a program called ShareX all the time, it only works for desktop/borderless window games. It will take lossless pictures and upload them to a website automatically if you set it up that way.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Also crashing here. Press enter to start, *presses enter*, few seconds later sound stops and it crashes. I guess there's a reason why they forced the download to start also on Xbox One even if you wanted to install it on PC..
check if your xbox live services are enabled.

Hey hey, my shifter works in a Forza on PC :D

the cars don't handle like they should at all, if you go slightly over the limit on sim steering and FFB is still not true self-aligning based. No FOV options on PC... I'm out.

But good that they put out a demo on PC. Looked great and ran fantastic too on my GTX 970 @1080p

MouldyK

What's a good Wheel Rotation for this game?

EDIT: 7th against Average AI? I just can't drive with a wheel...love it though!

PC performance is phenomenal. It's official, a single 980Ti can run this game in 4K maxed out.

Pro tip: if you experience weirdly low GPU usage and stutters you need to add Forza 7 to Nvidia CP and set power mode to "prefer max performance"

abEocCI.png

terrible

Banned

the cars don't handle like they should at all, if you go slightly over the limit on sim steering and FFB is still not true self-aligning based. No FOV options on PC... I'm out.

But good that they put out a demo on PC. Looked great and ran fantastic too on my GTX 970 @1080p

Thanks for saving my bandwidth. I thought I read that they had a new FFB/Wheel guy working on things. Wonder what he's been doing.

edit: Did a bit of reading on GTPlanet and it sounds like there are still CPU optimization issues just like in Apex and FH3.

Daffy Duck

As much as I want to play on the 29th part of me wants to wait until the Scorpio releases but that’s so long away.

God damn it.

Branson

Does it feel as bad as 6 did with a wheel? I had to stop playing because the driving over the limit felt awful and the FFB sucked.

danowat

Banned
It seems the longitudinal grip has been improved, which is good, but the steering has a bit of a spongy feel, bit like old codemasters games.

There was an interview talking about different levels of detail in reflections, in terms of cube-maps, but I've forgotten the specifics.

Ah ok. Because with that much extra power that One X offers you'd think the differences should be quite clear. Wonder if they will have a mode for checkerboard 4K as well with extra graphical bells and whistles.

Windu

What is in the demo?
The demo features three unique racing experiences in Forza Motorsport 7, showcasing the depth and breadth of the experiences available in the game. Drive the Forza Motorsport 7 cover car – the Porsche 911 GT2 RS – to the brand-new Dubai circuit and experience the thrill of navigating the Jebel Hafeet Pass, one of the most famous driving roads in the world. Or, pilot the massive Mercedes-Benz Tankpool racing truck to victory at the high-speed Mugello circuit in Italy.

For drivers who want the ultimate test, the Nissan NISMO GT-R LM is available for a race at the Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit. Here, fans will be challenged to handle the ‘Ring's complex corners and elevation changes, while also tackling the dynamic track conditions that will make racing in Forza Motorsport 7 so breathtaking. Racing through rainstorms laced with thunder and lightning make for a visual showcase and for a challenge like no other – where dynamic puddles grow and shrink with the intensity of the rain.

How do I download the demo?
On your Xbox One console or PC, go to the Store, search for Forza Motorsport 7 Demo and download the demo. For PC users, make sure your hardware meets at least the low hardware requirements below and your computer is running Windows 10 version 15063.0 or higher.

How big is the demo?
Xbox One: 17.6 GB
PC: 22.9 GB

What are the PC hardware requirements?
Low
Resolution: 720p
Framerate: 30 fps
System RAM: 8GB
Intel CPU: i5-750 @ 2.67 GHz
AMD CPU: FX-6300
NV GPU: GT 740 / GTX 650
AMD GPU: R7 250X
VRAM 2GB

Recommended
Resolution: 1080p
Framerate: 60 fps
Intel CPU: i5-4460 @ 3.2 GHz
AMD CPU: FX-8350
NV GPU: GTX 670 / GTX 1050 Ti
AMD GPU: RX 550
VRAM 4GB

Ideal (Ultra)
Resolution: 4K
Framerate: 60 fps
System RAM: 16GB
Intel CPU: i7-6700K @ 4 GHz
AMD CPU: Ryzen 7
NV GPU: GTX 1080
AMD GPU: RX Vega 64
VRAM 8GB

Ultrabook (Mobile)
Resolution: 720p
Framerate: 30 fps
Intel CPU: i5-6200U or better
Integrated GPU: Intel HD 520 or better

What PC peripherals are supported in the demo?
Currently Compatible PC Peripherals

What Xbox peripherals are supported in the demo?
Xbox One Controller
Xbox One Elite Controller
Xbox One S/X Controller
Fanatec ClubSportV2 Wheel
Fanatec ClubSportV1 Wheel
Fanatec CSL Wheel
Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 Wheel
Logitech G920 Wheel
Thrustmaster TX 458 Wheel
Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel
Thrustmaster 458 Spider Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Pro Wheel
Thrustmaster TS-Xbox Wheel
Mad Catz Pro Wheel

Is there a benchmark mode in the PC version?
Yes there is. After you launch the game, go to Options and then select Video. While you're adjusting your video settings, you can press the F key to run benchmark mode. You will load into a race simulation for about 30 seconds. Once complete, you will see the results for your Min FPS, Max FPS and Average FPS.

Reporting an Issue
If you experience an issues, please check below in the Known Issues section to see if your issue is listed. If it is not, create a new post in the Tech Support and Help section of the forums.

Known Issues

PC Issues:
•Unlocked framerate is currently not supported in the Forza Motorsport 7 demo but will be available with a future update.
•Currently, players cannot change video options during a race. We will be releasing an update in the future that will allow players to change video options mid-race.
•Machines with integrated Intel GPUs may experience initial load times as high as 8 minutes. Please allow the game to load and don't close the demo. Loading the same track and car again will be significantly quicker. A future update will improve initial load times.
•Machines with integrated Intel GPUs may experience poor performance and/or instability. Players may also experience their game locking up due to overheating. We recommend keeping your device in a well-ventilated area, turning down the screen brightness and checking for driver updates from your device manufactures.
•Machines using older AMD video cards may experience checkerboard-like graphics on screen while driving. We are working with AMD to resolve this issue but, in the meantime, we recommend updating your AMD drivers.
•Machines using a Nvidia GPU with drivers older than June may experience checkerboard-like graphics on screen while driving. We recommend that you update to the latest Nvidia drivers to resolve this issue.
•Benchmark mode may experience long load times or crashes after running the benchmark test.
•Players may experience the track not loading after using consecutive rewinds. If you experience this, please quit the race and start it again.
•When selecting your race, the car names maybe appear off centered or missing depending on the resolution selected. To resolve, adjust your resolution in the video settings of the demo.
•Players won't experience truly asynchronous display unless they are running the game in full-screen mode and setting the resolution option to ”Native Window Resolution".
•Players may experience graphics not rending properly when racing. If you experience this, we recommend turning down your in-game video settings.

Xbox issues:
•Players may experience an audio stutter when exiting the game by pressing B at the main menu.
•Players may be prompted with a controller disconnected message when trying to switch profiles while the demo is launched. If experienced, quit the demo completely and relaunch it.
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...a-Motorsport-7-Demo-FAQ-and-Known-Issues.aspx

paskowitz

Anyone having issues with the demo? When I "Press enter" at the start menu the game freezes and then crashes. I'm on W10 latest build, 4790K/980 Ti latest Nvidia drivers.

amar212

Thanks for saving my bandwidth. I thought I read that they had a new FFB/Wheel guy working on things. Wonder what he's been doing.

They can't do anything without leaving Xinput behind and going to motherboard USB TouchSense API. And since it will never happen, I guess they will forever do emulation.

veidi

So, the demo doesn't have HDR on PC....Didn't Turn 10 say that they were gonna add it this time?

You have to enable HDR in the windows settings.
I also had to disable the Nvidia display settings first.
HDR on the Dubai track is nice.

I have many LOD popins from other cars, hope this gets fixed in the final version.
The main menu is a bit laggy and the GPU usage goes to 99-100%, also in the Pit before the start.
Everything is fine during the race. 75 - 90% GPU Usage.
4K everything ultra/high 60 FPS V-Sync.
i7 6700K OC
GTX 1070 OC

Need to test my TX Wheel tommorrow.

Oh and for the Cointroller drivers:
Set the Deadzones in the setting right, I think they are set too high.
I have gas, break, steering 0-100.

I am ready for the 29th =D

murgo

They can't do anything without leaving Xinput behind and going to motherboard USB TouchSense API. And since it will never happen, I guess they will forever do emulation.

Crap :( I was looking forward to playing it with my new G29.

Just played two races with the Porsche on mostly Sim settings and I kept sliding around the track like a piece of soap in a prison shower :(

LostDonkey

Loving the new handling a lot.

Game runs fantastically. According to the benchmark my average framerate was 58fps fully maxed at 4k with 8xmsaa (not that I'll ever run that as it's not needed) but that's a good start.

Didn't notice any drops or stutters. 6700k 1070

Does it feel as bad as 6 did with a wheel? I had to stop playing because the driving over the limit felt awful and the FFB sucked.

Uhm, yea. It did feel better than Apex and FH3. But you can feel that it's Forza and that they don't take the FFB from an actually modeled suspension geometry with caster and kingpin correct. steering ratio and linearity also seemed incorrect, but I couldn't be bothered to try the other 2 cars. But you can be sure this FFB is baked from some telemetry and tire values.

I could feel a bit more suspension movement and tire load, but even if the FFB would have felt fantastic, you still can't drive a car on sim steering as you should be. On a controller you can't achieve these vastly different steering accelerations and unideal angles at certain speeds and that is what this game was made and tested for. I'm sure it plays great on controller and normal steering, but with a wheel it doesn't drive like a sim and definitely not like a real car.

Branson

Crap :( I was looking forward to playing it with my new G29.

Just played two races with the Porsche on mostly Sim settings and I kept sliding around the track like a piece of soap in a prison shower :(

Uhm, yea. It did feel better than Apex and FH3. But you can feel that it's Forza and that they don't take the FFB from an actually modeled suspension geometry with caster and kingpin correct. steering ratio and linearity also seemed incorrect, but I couldn't be bothered to try the other 2 cars. But you can be sure this FFB is baked from some telemetry and tire values.

I could feel a bit more suspension movement and tire load, but even if the FFB would have felt fantastic, you still can't drive a car on sim steering as you should be. On a controller you can't achieve these vastly different steering accelerations and unideal angles at certain speeds and that is what this game was made and tested for. I'm sure it plays great on controller and normal steering, but with a wheel it doesn't drive like a sim and definitely not like a real car.

Well that's disappointing. I'll probably wait for a sale then. Or just not get it at all and focus on the other 12 racing games that are out. I couldn't stand the wheel support in F6 so it sucks to hear it's not improved.

Windu

veidi

Mine are and I'm having the exact same issue. Game just crashes. Already redownloaded. FH3 and Apex work perfectly fine.

When the game starts in window mode try to press ALT+ ENTER before its fully loaded, so you put the game in fullscreen mode yourself.
Helped me.
Or fiddling around with the window size and then press alt+enter.
Strange problem with a strange fixing...

danowat

Banned

It doesn't play that great on controller, it feels odd, the steering feels all spongy it's like the stick is connected to the steering with bungee cords, really muted and a bit....dead?

DarkestHour

Banned
Fault bucket 133552540762, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport7Demo_1.105.697.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:forzamotorsport7
P3: 0.0.0.0
P4: 59b869af
P5: TargetHardwareProfiler.dll
P6: 0.0.0.0
P7: 59a5b0a8
P8: c0000005
P9: 000000000001f155
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\dfd\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.forzamotorsport7demo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\Temp\Turn10Temp.scratch\THPSystemRequirementReport.xml
\\?\C:\Users\ddf\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.forzamotorsport7demo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\Temp\Turn10Temp.scratch\CrashReport.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8661.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER86EE.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER86ED.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER86EE.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Microsoft.ForzaM_7371e2e1af8e2c9b0c379f496eb220ebe5b767_9adbed22_1e82897d

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 1853e0cf-0adb-46c2-9021-8874eacaccc5
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: acac6b87553c8b1e17729a77fa868b57

and this

Faulting application name: ForzaMotorsport7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59b869af
Faulting module name: TargetHardwareProfiler.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59a5b0a8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001f155
Faulting process id: 0xfe8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3317f461d88d5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport7Demo_1.105.697.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport7Demo_1.105.697.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\TargetHardwareProfiler.dll
Report Id: 1853e0cf-0adb-46c2-9021-8874eacaccc5
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport7Demo_1.105.697.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

See how the faulting DLL is TargetHardwareProfiler? I believe it is trying to do a hardware check and crashing because the one time I got the game to go in to the main settings it couldn't recognize any of my GPU hardware.

I also installed it to E: so why the fk is it on C:?

Top Bottom