• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate 0 |OT| Another Time Dilemma

Shizuka

Zero Time Dilemma is my disappointment of the year. The game fucking suuuuuuuucked. It's a sequel I was begging for for so long but after I played it I genuinely wish it never existed. Not only was the game bad. It retroactively made Virtues Last Reward worse. Fuck Zero Time Dilemma.

I need to calm down. That game still gets me riled up just thinking about it.

I agree with you 100%. Comparatively, Zero Time Dilemma is a
piece of shit.

Forgot to share this re-share this nice interview with Adam Lensenmayer, Steins;Gate 0's translator. A few spoilers within if you don't know anything about the game's basic setup (timeline, etc). I appreciated his candidness on Westernizing the game.

Then of course, there’s the fact that it’s a very Japanese game, that’s written primarily for a specific Japanese audience who understand things that a western one might not.
Inevitably you come across things in the text that are tough to localize. It’s tempting to try to replace it with something similar that is culturally more filling — though we tried our best to avoid this wherever possible.
The game’s setting and culture are extremely important aspects of the story, and we would be doing a disservice to the fans if we tried to overly westernize it. Fans of the first game’s translation should find that the level of westernization is one they’re very comfortable with, and that most of the more culturally obscure ideas are handled the exact same way they remember.
For example, there’s one point in the game a specific Japanese word (Senpai, used to refer to an older girl at a school in this case) becomes important to the plot. Rather than trying to find a way to abstract this out and come up with an American equivalent, we left it in and added some very brief dialogue about what it meant, and what its usage meant to the characters.

Is this going to be on psn? I looked for it yesterday, but I couldn't find a preorder page.

would like to know this. I'd imagine so, but for me (in the UK) it might only go up on release day in a few days. I'm in no rush with assignments and Pokemon but still...

Shizuka

There are some very basic mistakes on Steins Gate 0 localization that makes me cringe a little. On several occasions, characters refer to wrong characters during the story, which makes the scenes senseless unless you're paying attention and knows who they're actually referring to.

Those are some very basic and rookie mistakes.

cireza

There are some very basic mistakes on Steins Gate 0 localization that makes me cringe a little. On several occasions, characters refer to wrong characters during the story, which makes the scenes senseless unless you're paying attention and knows who they're actually referring to.

This sucks :/

Boo that's lame.

Zero Time Dilemma is my disappointment of the year. The game fucking suuuuuuuucked. It's a sequel I was begging for for so long but after I played it I genuinely wish it never existed. Not only was the game bad. It retroactively made Virtues Last Reward worse. Fuck Zero Time Dilemma.

I need to calm down. That game still gets me riled up just thinking about it.

Honestly I shouldn't be staining this thread with more ZTD talk but I agree with every single word you said. -.- ;_;

I looked on the Steins;Gate subreddit and someone is saying 3.61 there.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. :(

Ugh hopefully they won't be too common or they'll be patched.

deoee

Oh so PSN has no landing page for games that are not out? o_O

I could swear I have pre ordered games before

It's going to be a struggle waiting on this for FF15. Still buying it day 1, but there's no way I'm playing it before that.

Not to say I think 15 will be more worth it, quite the opposite. I expect SG0 to be my Goty,

Omikaru

Ditto! I ordered with them because they're always cheapest and normally get the game to you a day or two before release. Went in GAME today and they had copies on shelves, but my copy hasn't even shipped yet!

I'd cancel my order, but they're £35 in GAME =/

Yup. Feeling pretty shafted by these guys now, especially since they have changed the "release date" to November 28th to try and worm out of their release date delivery guarantee. May just cancel and spend extra at Amazon to get it by Sunday.

WolfeTone

I've watched the anime but would like to play the original Steins;Gate before diving into 0. I only have a PS4. I understand that the original has been remastered for PS4 as a pre-order bonus for 0, is there any indication that the remastered Steins;Gate will be released as a standalone title?

Struggling to find information on this so any help would be appreciated.

I've watched the anime but would like to play the original Steins;Gate before diving into 0. I only have a PS4. I understand that the original has been remastered for PS4 as a pre-order bonus for 0, is there any indication that the remastered Steins;Gate will be released as a standalone title?

Struggling to find information on this so any help would be appreciated.

The PS4 version of the first Steins:Gate was a trophyless bonus for people that bought Steins;Gate 0 in Japan and there's no indication that it will be brought over. If you don't have a PS3 or Vita you could play it on PC or mobile.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Nice OT!

I forgot this was coming so soon. I think I have time to finish Soul Hackers....

WolfeTone

The PS4 version of the first Steins:Gate was a trophyless bonus for people that bought Steins;Gate 0 in Japan and there's no indication that it will be brought over. If you don't have a PS3 or Vita you could play it on PC or mobile.

Thanks for the reply! Playing on anything other than PS4 is not an option so I guess I'll hold off on 0 for now and hope that the original gets released on PS4 sometime down the line like Danganronpa.

Shizuka

I'm a little surprised more reviews haven't noted those issues.

I haven't read any reviews so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if people dismissed this because of the game's quality or because they understood whom the character was referring to without noticing the dialogue.

How common would you say that these errors crop up?

I've found four or five so far and I still have three chapters left.

Yup. Feeling pretty shafted by these guys now, especially since they have changed the "release date" to November 28th to try and worm out of their release date delivery guarantee. May just cancel and spend extra at Amazon to get it by Sunday.

I think I'm gonna cancel mine and go through base.com.

Forgot to share this re-share this nice interview with Adam Lensenmayer, Steins;Gate 0's translator. A few spoilers within if you don't know anything about the game's basic setup (timeline, etc). I appreciated his candidness on Westernizing the game.

This is exactly the right way to handle this. Learning all that Japanese internet culture was one of the best parts of the first one.

The translation definitely did take liberties at times though. There were plenty of times listening to the dialogue that a direct translation to English would have sounded perfectly natural, but they went with some other phrase for reasons I couldn't sort out. There were times when I even wondered if they really understood what was being said, but there's so much weird ephemera in there that there's no way it wasn't done by someone with a high level knowledge of the game.

SxP

Got my copy in the mail. Busy with Trails of Cold Steel II though, so I'll probably start playing this in 3 months or so. But I bought it now because I wanted a physical edition and to support the franchise.

But yeah, the box looks good.

CISphil

Neo Member
For those of you who ordered the Amadeus Edition from Ricedigital, I got mine today so you might not need to wait as long as the store page suggests.
I really need to finish up Psycho Pass before playing this, but I can't wait to start.

yM2fn7v

Edit: Aw, my image doesn't work. :(

For those of you who ordered the Amadeus Edition from Ricedigital, I got mine today so you might not need to wait as long as the store page suggests.
I really need to finish up Psycho Pass before playing this, but I can't wait to start.

yM2fn7v

Edit: Aw, my image doesn't work. :(
Nah it works. Looks nice

yM2fn7v.jpg

Top Bottom