• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

slop101

Banned
Finally got my all my Wolf School gear fully upgraded to "Superior".

It's the best gear in the game, and being that Geralt is from the Wolf School of Witchers, the most appropriate as well.

It looks pretty good when upgraded too (far right):

maxresdefault.jpg

It was fun finding and upgrading the gear, but I don't think I want to do it with the other Witcher gears, mostly because it takes up too much time, and they're not as good as the Wolf gear. Though going through new locations is still fun.

I'm level 34, but I'm still not quite done with the game yet. I only have a few main quests left until I wrap up the main story (I just finished
Bald Mountain
), but I wanna take my time and drag it out as long as I can. I've uncovered most of Novigrad/Velen, but still have a lot question marks littering Skellige. While looking for the Wolf Gear, I uncovered a lot of stuff throughout Kaer Morhen that I didn't know existed because it doesn't have any bulletin boards to mark locations, so the only way to find stuff there is to just explore.

Anyhoo, by now, I can easily declare W3 GOTY, and I can't wait for the substantial DLC coming in the fall - I'm assuming those will deal with Iorveth and/or Saskia, hopefully with new areas and land mass to explore.

Älg

Wolf? It's medium.

The new Skellige gear is heavy.

I am a proud member of Yennefer Appreciation Club (YAC for short).
But I liked her in books too :)

Enjoying my playthrough on PC. Made every 'good' decision the first time around, now I'm being a prick to everyone I encounter.

Also, Ciri is the best.

waifu game stronk

"You have been here, you have been there.

So tell me.

Is it true that the Novigrad wenches shave their cunt.. Out of fashion?
"

The language in this game, lol.

I found that scene hilarious. I was expecting some kind of fallout but it never came. I found it really weird that they never confront each other directly regarding their relationship with Geralt. Yen goes around throwing tantrums(
and portals
) yet never directly confronts Triss about it.

Speaking of throwing things: Don't forget the
beds
:-D

Although I'm on Team Yen, I also think that Triss is awesome in her own right and I felt bad for her during that scene :-(

Regardless, I found this exchange with Philippa on their relationship both hilarious and on point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8s0C8pvIRk

Verger

Banned
So looking back on the Witcher 1's ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7v8Y7K0FOM

I guess (W1 Spoilers)
Alvin was a source like Ciri and believed he was the chosen one to stop the eternal frost prophecy. However his visions drove him insane and he felt the only way to save humanity was to destroy it and create something new in its ashes. He became Jaque deAldesberg and led the Order along with Salamandra to try and stave off the Wild Hunt.

Sad that in the end you could give his soul to Eredin and damn him for all time.

Pretty great that they followed up on those plot points from the original. Since he could likely see the future maybe he already saw he was doomed to fail and that's why he left his memoirs to Geralt in that book you can find in the Novigrad bookstore.

Hystzen

I found that scene hilarious. I was expecting some kind of fallout but it never came. I found it really weird that they never confront each other directly regarding their relationship with Geralt. Yen goes around throwing tantrums(
and portals
) yet never directly confronts Triss about it.

I think Yen just accepts it and all the time she was gone during Geralts amnesia she missed out perfect chance reconnect. Plus she is great friends with Triss she even refers to her as her best friend.

uh what? This game has free DLCs?

16 of em. Quests, armor/gear, cosmetic stuff, in-game playing cards. Pretty rad.

They will charge for expansions, but these are legit, 20-40 hours long expansions. Wouldn't surprise me if they added in new free DLC with the launch of those, either.

d3vnull

just finished the new dlc quest "Skellige's Most Wanted"

what a cool little quest
with a nice payoff for monster sympathizers

Chitown B

Finally got my all my Wolf School gear fully upgraded to "Superior".

It's the best gear in the game, and being that Geralt is from the Wolf School of Witchers, the most appropriate as well.

It looks pretty good when upgraded too (far right):

maxresdefault.jpg

It was fun finding and upgrading the gear, but I don't think I want to do it with the other Witcher gears, mostly because it takes up too much time, and they're not as good as the Wolf gear. Though going through new locations is still fun.

I'm level 34, but I'm still not quite done with the game yet. I only have a few main quests left until I wrap up the main story (I just finished
Bald Mountain
), but I wanna take my time and drag it out as long as I can. I've uncovered most of Novigrad/Velen, but still have a lot question marks littering Skellige. While looking for the Wolf Gear, I uncovered a lot of stuff throughout Kaer Morhen that I didn't know existed because it doesn't have any bulletin boards to mark locations, so the only way to find stuff there is to just explore.

Anyhoo, by now, I can easily declare W3 GOTY, and I can't wait for the substantial DLC coming in the fall - I'm assuming those will deal with Iorveth and/or Saskia, hopefully with new areas and land mass to explore.

I carry around a set of every Master set of gear. all 4, x4, plus the 2 swords. Don't have much room for anything else, but I like the options.

Wolf Master is awesome. Best gear in the game and looks great.

Ledhead

Almost done the main quest line. Upgraded my wolf school gear to superior. I figure I'll probably beat the game this weekend. What a ride

Coreda

I keep forgetting I have a potion that increases my carry weight. Regularly go from 120 to maxing out 160+ pretty quickly while looting. Even have some loot I dropped on the IoM :p

Holding off playing again until all the free DLC is out in two weeks. Already finished it, so it's nice to come back to a little stopgap before the first expansion drops. Serious props to CDPR for all the good decisions!

I need that wolf armor but I'm still a few levels short of master. Incredible game though, every bit of praise it receives is extremely deserved. Also Team Yen for life!

Philtastic

Guys, I'm 65 hours in, just hit level 17, and [Novigrad-Triss spoiler]
helped Triss evacuate all of the mages. That was a legitimately sad farewell since I'm on Team Yen for this first run.
How does this game just keep on going while going so well?

NekoFever

Literally the only quest I have left is a level 14 witcher contract "The Apiaran Phantom" or something. Trigger got fucked up somewhere along the way, I go in the cellar where the monster is supposed to be and nothing happens.

I remember getting stuck on that one. The door has a dodgy trigger point for making the 'open' prompt appear, which seems to need you to be very specifically placed, but it is there. I got it to work by basically spamming X while running from side to side up against the door.

Cyborg

Ive taken
Uma
back to Kaer Morhen. How far am I till the end?
Im now off with Lambert to do some things...Should I focus on all the others quests before I continue? Or am I save till I
lift the cures
and find
Ciri

RDreamer

Yes, she seems particularly insecure (in my mind) regarding Geralt and her feelings towards him. The events of the last two games have left her projecting a cold exterior so as to not get hurt. At least that's how I felt.

If you guys read the bio on her, or have some book knowledge you'd know
she was physically and psychologically abused and rejected by her parents. She tried to commit suicide when she went to magic school. She was a hunchback as a kid. Then, in the books after their relationship first started (because of the wish), Geralt left her without a word. She was angry through some of the book arc because of that

She has every right to be insecure as fuck to the world and to Geralt after that.

Ive taken
Uma
Im now off with Lambert to do some things...Should I focus on all the others quests before I continue? Or am I save till I
lift the cures
and find
Ciri

Doesn't matter at this point. There are some quests that might have failed when you
went to Kaer Morhen (those involving characters who are now also at Kaer Morhen, namely Yen and Lambert)
, but you're safe for now and will get a clear warning before the next point of no return.

Zakalwe

Banned
Subtitle's a let down after the brilliance of OT 2's ;_;

Almost as bad as this terrible game, actually. Probably the worst RPG ever made.

Ive taken
Uma
lift the cures
and find
Ciri

I'd say you're at the 65% mark. You can keep going with the current quest you're doing, as you'll have a chance to finish off important side quests after
lifting the curse.
. Overall, I'd say you have another 15-20 hours of main story to go(depending on difficulty and speed).

weevles

I've spent hours on this game and I'm only lvl 12. Its fun, though. I usually juggle several games at once, and this one has been holding my attention the longest thus far.

That reminds me, since I'm planning my second run soon, does saying
farewell to Triss at the docks mean she's gone forever? Want to make her stay so she can help at Kaer Morhen but don't want to romance her.

Lulubop

I beat this game like a week or so ago, never bothered with the DLC... kinda want to know though. Where do I go get it and stuff?

That reminds me, since I'm planning my second run soon, does saying
farewell to Triss at the docks mean she's gone forever? Want to make her stay so she can help at Kaer Morhen but don't want to romance her.

Don't worry.
If you don't romance her, Yen will bring her back from Kovir to help with the battle, and the final stretch of the story.
Also, you're making the wrong choice. >.>

she was physically and psychologically abused and rejected by her parents. She tried to commit suicide when she went to magic school. She was a hunchback as a kid. Then, in the books after their relationship first started (because of the wish), Geralt left her without a word. She was angry through some of the book arc because of that

She has every right to be insecure as fuck to the world and to Geralt after that.
Knew some of that, didn't know all of that! Good to know my feeling was right on the money.

A few questions,
did she grow out of being a hunchback? And I thought they were separated due to the Wild Hunt and Geralt losing his memory, didn't know he willfully left her. Any more details on that? :)

I honestly feel that this one is already set in stone for winning the multitude of GOTY awards by the end of this year. There has to be one huge surprise of an game defeating this perfect gem. I can not even see Fallout 4 beating it.

I honestly feel that this one is already set in stone for winning the multitude of GOTY awards by the end of this year. There has to be one huge surprise of an game defeating this perfect gem. I can not even see Fallout 4 beating it.
The biggest thing it has against itself is coming out so early in the year. Fallout 4 and MGSV will have a bigger mindshare by the end of the year.

BFIB

The only way I see Fallout 4 winning is due to it being out later in the year, and fresher in the minds of those who choose their GOTY.

Ark

A few questions,
did she grow out of being a hunchback? I thought they were separated due to the Wild Hunt and Geralt losing his memory, didn't know he willfully left her. Any more details on that? :)

From what I've read on GAF/Reddit, Yen uses a shit-tonne of magic to look as hot as she does just like the other sorceresses.

I feel so empty now I've completed it. Angry at myself for missing a certain
quest line
that impacts the ending but not sure I have the heart to tackle the game again.

It would be an enormous undertaking.

Easily my GOTY so far.

Top Bottom