• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising demo up on JP PSN [Region Locked. No US/EU/Asia. Snake? Snaaaaake!]

Neff

Old store: Open store, find what you want straight away, click download, exit store, all in the space of 15 seconds. Unreal experience going back to it.

New store: None of the above.

Kazerei

Banned
Damn, my internet is being slow. At this rate, someone will upload a playthrough on youtube before I'm finished downloading :(

WTF? The demo is region locked!

No...no....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
2394379_o.gif

Nanikore.

As in you have to stay on your JP account to play it or it won't play on NA consoles?

You can't play it at all on a US console. I initially switched back over to my US account and got the "This software cannot be started due to region restrictions." message, and then I went back to my Japanese account and got the same message.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
You can't play it at all on a US console. I initially switched back over to my US account and got the "This software cannot be started due to region restrictions." message, and then I went back to my Japanese account and got the same message.

Weird. Welp, paused at 44%.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If you bought ZoE over here the demo was in English right? Any ETA on when that is supposed to be on PSN?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
1. Konami includes the demo on the disc, instead of a download (ZOE HD PS3)
2. Konami prints a separate disc for the demo, instead of a download (ZOE HD 360)
3. Konami region locks the demo on J-PSN

what the hell...

ezekial45

Banned
1. Konami includes the demo on the disc, instead of a download (ZOE HD PS3)
2. Konami prints a separate disc for the demo, instead of a download (ZOE HD 360)
3. Konami region locks the demo on J-PSN

what the hell...

I know, right? It's fucking silly.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'll still try it since my PS3 is Japanese, but this fucking sucks. I hate region locking.

I remember when Microsoft actually removed the Japanese RE5 demo from peoples consoles if they weren't Japanese. I just don't get why these companies don't want people playing their demos.

ezekial45

Banned
I remember when Microsoft actually removed the Japanese RE5 demo from peoples consoles if they weren't Japanese. I just don't get why these companies don't want people playing their demos.

I'm going to go ahead and say that the ZOE HD collection is the reason for the region lock.

Top Bottom