• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezzhil

zkylon

zkylewd
is xcom 2 any difficult on easy?

i feel like i would like playing it on easy if it was challenging but a bit more forgiving

like i already beat it fair and square (as fair and square as you can without ironzky mode), i think i would like a more relaxed playthrough next time

but u know, i do like having a mission go bad every now and then and having my crew blown up and stuffs

Jadax

i've been thinking about going back to it, i bet the ssd i bought will help ease some of the performance pains

I guess loading times, maybe some hitching issues - but you can just disable texture streaming on xcom2 if you have it installed on a hdd. As long as its 7200rpm I don't see why the performance will be any different than on a ssd.

Only time I've noticed a performance upgrade on the ssd (barring loading times) is playing that stupid Batman game (think AK).

Wok

Made in USA. Here is WTWTLW:

Dim Bulb Games was founded by Johnnemann Nordhagen, co-founder of Fullbright and sole programmer on Gone Home. WTWTLW, a game inspired by the folk tales and folk music of America, is the first project by the studio.

def sim

Started it yesterday, I'm 2 hours in and I'm liking it a lot so far. Love the setting and atmosphere, and the story is really intriguing

Yeah, someone in another thread has been posting little tidbits about the world. Totally sounds like my kinda bag, even if I'm not entirely sure what kind of game it is just yet.

AHA-Lambda

Fantastic.

Night Trap got a patch, and the game is at least beatable now, but now segments of the extras don't work; namely the bonus game included for beating the main game. It simply refuses to even load.

How the hell do you mess up a PC port of Night Trap this badly?

EDIT: anyway, even ignoring all of that it's not a good game. I know everyone is going to then say "what did you expect?", I knew the crux of the gameplay is very simple.

My main problem actually lies with all of the campy cheesy scenes that made the game famous; in that if you're playing the game properly, you won't get the chance to even see them as you're too busy catching the enemies!
There's something wrong when watching cutscene compilations of this on youtube is a more satisfying experience than actually playing the game.

Arminsc

Yeah, someone in another thread has been posting little tidbits about the world. Totally sounds like my kinda bag, even if I'm not entirely sure what kind of game it is just yet.

From what I've played I'd say it's an adventure game, walking around, searching for stuff and exploring.

def sim

It's great that SEGA brought Bayo and Vanquish over; I hope they start looking into the Yakuza games next.

From what I've played I'd say it's an adventure game, walking around, searching for stuff and exploring.

Ah so it's like Layers of Fear, then. Reading its description on steam, I thought it might have been a murder mystery similar to the Sherlock games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is interesting:

If we are denying keys for normal size batches it's likely because your Steam sales don't reflect a need for as many keys as you're distributing, and you're probably asking for more keys because you're offering cheaper options off Steam and yet we are bearing the costs. So at some point we start deciding that the value you're bringing to Steam isn't worth the cost to us.

For example, say you've sold a few thousand copies on Steam but have requested / activated 500K keys, then we are going to take a deeper look at your games, your sales, your costs, etc.

madjoki

I just hope they don't become too stingy with it.

It's so far only those who sell on steamgrounds that have been banned.

Before they banned only accounts that were used to generate keys (based on sample purchases), but of course people figured ways around this.

Lemme preach you about our lord and savior Windows 10 store

Yeah because they don't let generate keys, this won't be problem, I guess :D

I think you meant to say, lemme preach toyou about our lord and savior the Epic Games Launcher.

itchio launcher ftw.

Hektor

Tell me more, off-brand Inkling.

You unbelieving sinners posting about "steam" will be going to hell! Spencer will punish you all!

Your sins will be met with Spencer's final crackdown!

On the first day man will turn in each other, bringing death and injury with their gears of war!

On the second day the scalebound shall rise from the dead!

On the third day the sea of thieves will flood your cities!

On the fourth day fabled legends will appear!

On the fifth day Alan will wake and the Age of Empires will finally be over!

I Forza it and so it is foretold!

Believe in the Spencer! Believe and repent!

MUnited83

For you.
It's so far only those who sell on steamgrounds that have been banned.

Before they banned only accounts that were used to generate keys (based on sample purchases), but of course people figured ways around this.

Yeah because they don't let generate keys, this won't be problem, I guess :D

itchio launcher ftw.
No issue with me if it only affects the people selling their game for 3 to 6 cents in sites like those. Here's hoping it doesn't go further than that.

Dec

All things have political messages. They are all created by humans with ideals. That's just the way of things.

Sure, but there is a difference when it is heavy handed. It's like when you're watching a scene that is supposed to evoke sadness in you but because you are consciously aware of that it loses a lot of the effect. The music just sounds cheesy and you are more critical of the imperfections.

When something prompts you to remember someone created what you are experiencing and that they wanted you to feel a certain way in that moment, it pushes you out of it.

Even if I agree with the message it's still negative.

Teppic

Completed The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker. Great FVM game. Might be my favorite. Great acting, lots of scenes to find. It feels like it was made for me. Watching the story unfold while trying to figuring out which questions to type and decide what to answer the patients is fun. I tried to play without hints and didn't find it too difficult to progress the game. Took me 22 hours to complete using one hint. With hints I think the game will be a far bit shorter. Still, the game has like 7 hours of FMV scenes, so it's not a short game.

For 8,99€ I think it's well worth it's price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also i just bought Prey. Is there a way to fix mouse pointer issue when you are using DSR? Jase?

Setting your desktop resolution to your DSR resolution should do the trick. Alternatively, if you're using 4x DSR, you can ditch it in favour of r_supersampling = 2.

dex3108

Setting your desktop resolution to your DSR resolution should do the trick. Alternatively, if you're using 4x DSR, you can ditch it in favour of r_supersampling = 2.

I can't do 4K/60 so I want to go with 1440p. But again there is not much improvement with IQ with 1440p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom