• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

I haven't even played the beta yet. I guess after a year away from Destiny the grind isn't calling be back. I will try it this weekend though. I'll probably buy just for social aspect, but I'm not hyped like I thought I would be.

With Evil Within 2 and Wolf 2 coming around the same time, Destiny 2 may have to wait. Give them some time to iron out whatever PC issues may be there at launch.

tootie923

Pre-ordered the PSN version with digital expansion. I'll probably be playing this between most single player games this fall.

JHall

Will be getting it on PC, I might get it on Xbox just to play for the first month. I really hope the hammer out the movement before launch. It feels like I'm fighting underwater and it's not as snappy as D1 was.

n051de

If I do buy Destiny 2, it will be with WOW Tokens. Having that icon on the Blizzard app will annoy me if I can't play it.

misterck

I'm waiting for initial impressions...

I enjoyed the alpha for the first game but knew it was lacking something then when the beta dropped I could tell the game was going to severely lack content and substance so avoided it like the plague, I eventually bought in with the destiny collection last year for £28 and absolutely loved the game, so glad I didn't buy in from the start though and pay for all the expansion's.

So far the destiny 2 beta has me really worried again.

EDIT: Preorder culture sends the wrong message to devs/publisher's, these games could be huge letdowns yet they are succeeding before the game is even released.

Day one, Limited Edition for PS4. I doubt I'll grind like I did in year 1 and 2 of Destiny where it was an addiction or obsession. But it's gonna be nice to link up with many of my boys and shoot the shit and shoot Dregs, Vex etc and do raids.

cyress8

Banned
Need a PC beta before I plunk down the cash. I enjoy Warframe too much and Destiny always seemed to be a step down from it.

Some of my friends are switching to PS4, so now I'm not sure what platform to buy it on, or if I'll even buy it at all. I don't want to double dip and double level characters...

cucuchu

Already preordered on PSN but I am not a fan of the new double primary loadouts. Much less variation in combat now. Overall I am just mildly excited for the game but highly doubt I will play it very long unless some changes are made.

So far I feel like I'm losing out on a lot more from Destiny 1 than I'm gaining with Destiny 2.

So I'll sit back and wait. Though, the odds of me ever purchasing this game go down dramatically if I don't get it launch day.

Leyasu

Banned
No.

Got bored quickly with the first one and the release date fuck-you of the ps exclusive content was the icing on the cake.

I'll survive without this game

El-Suave

Preordered the CE and I might get it digitally, too towards the end of the year. Did the same with the original game after I became hooked. The disc gets passed to my niece and nephew then.

VDenter

Banned
Maybe once all the expansions come out i will give it a go. The first game was the definition of "We will sell you an unfinished game now on launch please buy the rest later!" To play the original Destiny with an acceptable level of content meant that you would have o spend additional 80 dollars on top of the 60 you pay on launch day and that was disgusting. Something tells me Destiny 2 will follow this exact same pattern.

Melchiah

Nope. I don't like the changes to movement, powers, and weapons, and how it so clearly favors PVP. I might look into it later, if those are fixed, when the equivalent of TTK arrives.

Not thrilled at all with it being balanced for PvP but it's already bought and I will have a blast raiding and doing strikes with my friends just like in Destiny 1.

Halabane

Will wait for reviews. Still not sure if I am a bad guy or good guy in the story. Characters showing up that I know I should care about, I think. But I don't really feel a need to push thru the world. Compare this to characters in even a game like Wolfenstein which has interesting characters and motivation to move thru the world to accomplish a goal. The MP and the loot grind looks like it will be fine but honestly go that t-shirt and don't need another one. Yet Another FPS grindhouse. Which for those who like it great. Really need to hear from folks who have gone thru the whole game and see the plans for the future with it.

HonMirin

I preordered it, was away the first couple of days of the beta and some of my friends were saying it was not up to standard. I've just finished playing through the beta myself and am keeping the preorder. I had fun with it, and for me the multiplayer aspect of if makes it enjoyable so will be messing about with everyone else who has it. Good times!

Top Bottom