• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

cdyhybrid

svmvZHW.jpg

I hope Moon wins. Durkan won't be the end of the world (more of the same that we currently have with Murray), but I don't feel she truly represents my needs, even as a single family homeowner.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I hope Moon wins. Durkan won't be the end of the world (more of the same that we currently have with Murray), but I don't feel she truly represents my needs, even as a single family homeowner.

I have an irrational dislike of Moon. Durkin is ok. None of them is epic.

Had fantastic dinner and drinks at Pablo Y Pablo opposite Essential Bakery in Wallingford. Exciting Mexican food with a twist from owners of Barrio.

The Banh Mi Taco was a game changer

What an amazing day. I saw the sky for the first time in 2 weeks because the smoke has finally cleared. The damn heat wave we've had seems to be over. It was a perfect 72 degrees and sunny at 3 pm today. I could finally go outside and wash my car. And now it's raining and watering my lawn.

Incredible.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Went to a French restaurant on Madison last night near Canon and got the first view of rainier I've seen in a couple of weeks!

Rain!

riotous

Banned
If I'm reading things correctly, the new MoviePass at $10/month seems amazing for us Seattleites:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=246224686&postcount=801

Their site is overloaded right now, but MoviePass made some FourSquare lists of the theaters supported. And that list includes:

• Cinerama
  • AMC downtown
  • Regal downtown
  • Regal Thornton place (Northgate)
  • SIFF Cinema

AMC / Regal / etc. I expected. But the Cinerama?? Woah...

Are we sure MoviePass made those lists? I thought FourSquare was user sourced?

Because according to the moviepass API:

https://www.moviepass.com/theaters/zip/98101

No Cinerama.

dLMN8R

Yeah, no idea I guess. The MoviePass account on Four Square seems legit, but I'm going to wait until their services calm down and everything before even considering purchasing it.

You guys ready for that 92% totality in our back yards? Just pray for no cloud cover...

A professor from UW was on KUOW today and she was saying we tend to see a 10-20 degree drop in the temperature during an eclipse, and that will draw in the marine layer, ultimately resulting in cloud cover.

So yeah.

Trouble

Banned
A professor from UW was on KUOW today and she was saying we tend to see a 10-20 degree drop in the temperature during an eclipse, and that will draw in the marine layer, ultimately resulting in cloud cover.

So yeah.

Is the temperature drop only during the eclipse? Because it would be awesome if it lasted a few days.

Or I guess the cloud cover could help prolong it.

My last-second eclipse glasses were delivered overnight today. Talk about literally waiting until almost the end. Oh well, I'm ready for some 92% totality lol

That was awesome. Cool shadows, the temperature dropped and it felt like everything was under a sunglass filter.

And the eclipse itself was impressive. Not as impressive as the pictures my mom sent from Madras, but still amazing.

Edit: We had an extra pair of glasses so we just let everyone walking by our house take a look. Dog walkers, City Light employees, random neighbors, etc.

Phthisis

Now that I've had a taste of eclipse, I want to go somewhere to be in the path of totality next time in 2024.

You definitely should. I was down outside Madras, OR for it and it was one of the most surreal, awesome experience of my life. Once under totality, it was the equivalent of 9PM twilight, except you could see a giant white flaming ring in the sky. The part that really surprised me was how much of the sun's corona you could see ribboning off into space around the moon. It was so epic. 2024 is a lock for me.

Though am surprised Odezza is a headliner, there is plenty of great music and comedy. Don't sleep on the comedy!

I've been considering making an OT for it the last week. I have full passes bought since last year.

Justin

I get comp tickets through work, which day should I go? I recognize almost none of the bands. I don't care about genres.

You definitely should. I was down outside Madras, OR for it and it was one of the most surreal, awesome experience of my life. Once under totality, it was the equivalent of 9PM twilight, except you could see a giant white flaming ring in the sky. The part that really surprised me was how much of the sun's corona you could see ribboning off into space around the moon. It was so epic. 2024 is a lock for me.

I was down in Oregon too, and echo this sentiment. So freaking cool

Top Bottom