• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Review Thread

Mudo

My predict is 83 Meta at the end of today.

I loved the first 2 games so I don't really care what reviews say - I'm downloading as soon as I get home tonight.

Unfortunately I just downloaded/installed FFX HD (took umm 7 hours total for 23 gigs W T F) so I'm gonna be super torn between these 2 all weekend. First world problems!

Defunkled

I'm gonna go with a Metascore in the low 90's. I got an early copy off eBay last weekend and I've finished my Good playthrough & am halfway though an Evil playthrough.

Second Son is a huge leap above the previous games in terms of graphics, characters, writing, voice acting, and overall production value. The powers are absolutely nuts and using them to move about the world is pure joy. In my opinion, it's easily the best game in the series and I hope the scores reflect that. I can see this being the best PS4 exclusive for quite a while. It's my favorite game of the year so far.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Yeah... If you skip nearly everything else I think.

Some people are reporting 13-15 hours per playthrough if you want to 100% it.

So that mean almost 30 hours for both.

30 hours exhausting all the content. 7-8 hours for the main storyline was reported a couple of times in the OT now. I'm guessing I'll get around 10 or so the first time.

Ishan

Colin sucks at the game so bad after watching him play that one time.

after seeing some streams of gaffers and others and that video of the dev playing . I have to agree many of the review sites ppl plain suck at playing ... janky movement no aim skills etc etc

shandy706

Two of my friends completed a Good playthrough in close to 10 hours. It is definitely below 12.

Surely that's not doing everything though?

An open world game you can beat in a couple days is short. I always end up screwing around in them if there is a lot to do and a lot of interactive things. Are there other things to do outside of just travel around or shooting at things?

Bor

Neo Member
Polygon: "Delsyn or whatever his name is looks like a douchebag. in real life i would want to kick his ass"
- 6/10

Polygon: "The above average visuals still can't hide the fact, that Infamous Second Son plays like a last gen game"
-6/10

Top Bottom