• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors Gamescom Trailer

Even aside from the replacements, the voice acting sounds like a massive step down from the other FE games. :(

8-4 did Awakenings and Valentia, that's why it's good.

8-4 is not a voice production studio. Cup of Tea is who cast Awakening, Valentia, and Heroes. I think they're doing this too since the replacement VAs for Lucina, Hinoka, and Takumi (I think Camilla too) are the same as those in Heroes but it's surprising that this is such a downgrade from their other work.

As others have said, it's not a step down from the dizzyingly high bar of Path of Radiance...

Touche...

Doorman

I want to like the game and the prospect of a FE Warriors game is super tempting, but as someone who never played Fates it really feels like this game wasn't made for me. I'd be less annoyed with so many characters I don't know if they were plucked from the full series history and not just from one game/setting. Nothing at all from Elibe or Tellius still doesn't feel right.

Maybe DLC? But this isn't very exciting to look at for launch.

woopWOOP

Holy shit, I read the comments before viewing but I still wasn't prepare for Hinoka's voice

She actually sounds kind of familiar, but I can't place it. Like some goofy animal mascot character from some show/game

Holy shit, I read the comments before viewing but I still wasn't prepare for Hinoka's voice

She actually sounds kind of familiar, but I can't place it. Like some goofy animal mascot character from some show/game

Zero-Escape-Vol.-2_-Virtues-Last-Reward.jpg

Draxal

So, in terms of weapon balance so far :
- Marth (Sword)
- Chrom (Sword)
- Lucina (Sword)
- Corrin (Sword)
- Ryoma (Sword)
- Xander (Sword)
- Rowan (Sword)
- Lianna (Sword)

- Lissa (Axe)
- Frederick (Axe)
- Camilla (Axe)

- Cordelia (Spear)
- Hinoka (Spear)

- Leo (magic)
- Robin (magic)

- Takumi (archer)

Shadow Dragon :
- Abel (Spear)
- Tiki (Magic)
- Caeda (Spear)
- Catria (Spear)
- Bars (Axe)
- Minerva (Axe)

Awakening :
- Tharja (Magic)
- Virion (Archer)
- Vaike (Axe)

Fates :
- Azura (Spear)

That would be 8 swords - 6 axes - 6 spears - 4 mages - 2 archers, for a total of 25 characters. Would be balanced enough.

Only Awakening characters I expect at this point is Tharja.

Caeda is going to be a sword as there will be no sword flier, and she was one in heroes and in FE3.

Draug has a good chance of being in the game as well. I think characters that have voice actors (due to TMS#FE) have a better chance that ones that don't.

I really don't think think Bars has a shot especially if Ogma and Nabarl aren't in the game. Not expecting Catria, either. I think Camus is probably a better chance than Abel as well.

LaNaranja

I have only ever played the mobile game but Hinoka was my first five star pull so that made her my favorite by default. Happy to see her here.

L95

Since they'll focus on Spear/Axe/magic/archers characters from now on, here are my predictions :

Shadow Dragon :
- Abel (Spear)
- Tiki (Magic)
- Caeda (Spear)
- Catria (Spear)
- Bars (Axe)
- Minerva (Axe)

Awakening :
- Tharja (Magic)
- Virion (Archer)
- Vaike (Axe)

Fates :
- Azura (Spear)

That would be 8 swords - 6 axes - 6 spears - 4 mages - 2 archers, for a total of 25 characters. Would be balanced enough.

Judging by a picture of the convoy categories, there are tomes and (dragon)stones. They don't appear to have been put in an umbrella magic category

Astral Dog

Definitely not the final trailer and we all know the Warriors series sucks from a gameplay perspective.

It's mindless fun and fan service. Have you not played the multi million seller Hyrule Warriors?
I did but somehow this looks worse, the character models don't looks as good as i hoped and the environments are boring even compared to HW (from what we have seen so far) and i loved Awakening and Fates so i should be in the target audience :p

Will wait for reviews and impressions on this one

Sterok

Stop doing story trailers. They make the game look awful, and mediocre voice acting with no interesting lines isn't selling people on this.

Takumi and Camilla were of course predictable. Leo and Hinoka aren't a surprise either, but I was less certain for them, so it's good to see them.

PK Gaming

Not surprised they couldn't Elizabeth Daily back for Hinoka, but it still sucks. Cindy Robinson is a great VA, but the direction here is weak, and she's not the greatest replacement (I mean how do you replace Elizabeth Daily?! Her voice is so distinct). I don't know wtf is going on with Camilla, and Paula Tiso couldn't reprise the role.

Takumi being handled Michael Sinterniklaas is legitimately great though. Love that guy, haha.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Day one.

English VA doesn't sound nearly as bad as this thread would tell you... but Japanese VA it is.

LordKano

I did but somehow this looks worse, the character models don't looks as good as i hoped and the environments are boring even compared to HW (from what we have seen so far) and i loved Awakening and Fates so i should be in the target audience :p

Will wait for reviews and impressions on this one

The characters models looks vastly better than HW though, they shouldn't even be compared, visually it's kind of a leap compared to HW.
We have yet to see how the maps really look but so far they're pretty classic.

I feel like Nintendo is doing everything they can to turn people off to this series lately. Yikes.

Yeah I know this isn't made by Nintendo, but between this and the mobile app, I find the design, story, and characters really unappealing.

I want to like the game and the prospect of a FE Warriors game is super tempting, but as someone who never played Fates it really feels like this game wasn't made for me. I'd be less annoyed with so many characters I don't know if they were plucked from the full series history and not just from one game/setting. Nothing at all from Elibe or Tellius still doesn't feel right.

Maybe DLC? But this isn't very exciting to look at for launch.

As someone who played Fates, it isn't very exciting for me either. I'm sure the gameplay and modes will be cool and interesting but since they're focusing more on the characters and story (somewhat) at this point, the lack of Elibe and Tellius while promoting mostly Fates and Awakening characters feels...weird. But like you said, maybe DLC will provide something from other games in time. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Chrom

I wouldn't say that at all. This appears to be roughly consistent with Fates, and notably smaller than Heroes and Cipher.

cmg1a5r.png

eh, i don't think it's really fair to compare to fe cipher this way. every other art they've done for camilla is actually far more consistent in her size, it's really just that one piece by mayo that's like that

yuoke

Banned
I feel like Nintendo is doing everything they can to turn people off to this series lately. Yikes.

Yeah I know this isn't made by Nintendo, but between this and the mobile app, I find the design, story, and characters really unappealing.
Anime fans seem to love it.

It's pretty much Cindy Robinson's Amy from Sonic.

Can't say I blame her; she sounded fine in Heroes. It's clearly bad voice direction.

No gameplay. Nothingburger trailer.

I mean yeah it'll look like the other warriors games but still, I don't play these games for the cutscenes. I like to see how they play differently from each other.

The voices don't strike me as great either. But I don't mind that so much.

LordKano

Still no western release date huh?

20th October in Europe.

I mean yeah it'll look like the other warriors games but still, I don't play these games for the cutscenes. I like to see how they play differently from each other.

There's a lot of gameplay online for every characters announced before this trailer. If you want to see these characters specifically, they'll play them at Gamescom this Saturday.

Doorman

As someone who played Fates, it isn't very exciting for me either. I'm sure the gameplay and modes will be cool and interesting but since they're focusing more on the characters and story (somewhat) at this point, the lack of Elibe and Tellius while promoting mostly Fates and Awakening characters feels...weird. But like you said, maybe DLC will provide something from other games in time. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.
I say DLC mostly based on how they worked this with Hyrule Warriors, having DLC packs be themed around particular games from the series. Hyrule Warriors started off with a much wider cut of characters in the base package, though. FEW still only pulls from 3 sources in a series that runs, what, 12-13 games deep now? It would be like making Hyrule Warriors now and have the whole cast only come from Ocarina of Time and BotW.

LordKano

I say DLC mostly based on how they worked this with Hyrule Warriors, having DLC packs be themed around particular games from the series. Hyrule Warriors started off with a much wider cut of characters in the base package, though. FEW still only pulls from 3 sources in a series that runs, what, 12-13 games deep now? It would be like making Hyrule Warriors now and have the whole cast only come from Ocarina of Time and BotW.

Hyrule Warriors had characters from only 3 games at launch : OOT, TP and Skyward Sword.

Draxal

tbh, the only really interesting thing I've seen about the gameplay is the flying characters moveset looks fun, (but apparently they did those movesets in Gundam <- not familiar with those game).

Doorman

Hyrule Warriors had characters from only 3 games at launch : OOT, TP and Skyward Sword.
Fair to a point, but it also contained perrenial characters that have recurred in the series since the original game in Link, Zelda, Ganon/dorf, and Impa, and all featuring designs not totally based on any singular game. It also included other references in classic bosses like Manhandla.

Admittedly this is harder for FE to do since there are no major recurring characters through the bulk of the franchise, but I'd still say that HW did a better job functioning as a celebration of the history of the whole series rather than a celebration of just the two most recent games.

Golnei

Admittedly this is harder for FE to do since there are no major recurring characters through the bulk of the franchise

This might be a good time to repeat the fact that Anna isn't (yet) playable.

But I do agree with the larger point - they really should have considered the different ways FE and Zelda's casts function across the span of the series when deciding how best to represent the franchise as a whole in this format.

Didn't knew femcorrin had a small fanclub compared to Carmilla or other female heroes.
A shame.

The game still looks nice but I am not a fan of musou even if I really want to like it. Probably will grab it on discount.

Lmao imagine being this mad about video games

Yeah, really.

And that user won't stop complaining about the game.

Alrus

The synchronization of lips movements with the absolutely amazing voice acting is awful. Makes the game look janky as fuck.

LordKano

Fair to a point, but it also contained perrenial characters that have recurred in the series since the original game in Link, Zelda, Ganon/dorf, and Impa, and all featuring designs not totally based on any singular game. It also included other references in classic bosses like Manhandla.

Admittedly this is harder for FE to do since there are no major recurring characters through the bulk of the franchise, but I'd still say that HW did a better job functioning as a celebration of the history of the whole series rather than a celebration of just the two most recent games.

I agree, but that's due to the nature of Zelda. Simply by putting Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and Impa, they covered already every games, and they just had to put a few ennemis here and there.
FE Warriors isn't supposed to be a celebrations of FE. They thought about it, but decided against. They want to make a serie of spin-off.

NSESN

Heroes is great tho.

I agree, but that's due to the nature of Zelda. Simply by putting Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and Impa, they covered already every games, and they just had to put a few ennemis here and there.
FE Warriors isn't supposed to be a celebrations of FE. They thought about it, but decided against. They want to make a serie of spin-off.
Thre won't be a series if the first game sells badly.

Syril

If two games plus Marth is what they call a crossover, can I just have Fire Emblem Radiant Warriors instead?

Top Bottom