• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Spider-Man: Homecoming reactions

Look, I'm not gonna let people unironically praising Chad Kroeger's "music" get away with trying to call into question the filmmaking quality of Logan as a means to bolster whatever fucked argument they're trying to apply to the heirarchy of Spider-Mans.

Even if you dont' agree with the notion that Logan is one of the three best superhero films ever made (which it is) I don't understand watching it and thinking it's legitimately badly made.

Spider-Man 2 is the only one of the Spidey films that works anywhere near that well from a filmmaking & storytelling perspective. If this movie gets really close to that level, then everyone should be beyond happy.

(however the dependency on Tony Stark as a combination Uncle Ben/Norman Osborne figure is horseshit. Fuck Tony Stark)

LionPride

Banned
Logan isn't poorly made, I just can't give one fuck about any movie made in that universe anymore

And that shit they call action has been awful for 17 fucking years with awful wire work with Wolverine

Hugh deserved better

Oh and look at Bobby being wrong about Tony's role in this movie if these spoilers are right, like most of the internet

Bronx-Man

Banned
So to recap:
  • Spider-Man 2 sucks
  • Logan sucks
  • First Class sucks
All we're missing now is someone is come in and tell us Batman v Superman is a misunderstood auteur masterpiece on the level of Kurosawa or Kubrick.

LotusHD

Banned
I was so ready to place Logan as one of the best or Top 3 or whatever, then that last act happened. I mean, it's still up there, but now I gotta like, think about it now.

Toa TAK

Banned
(Fuck Tony Stark)

I'm talking about Tony Stark PERIOD.

Like, from Civil War.
Ytcw0tT.gif

So to recap:
  • Spider-Man 2 sucks
  • Logan sucks
  • First Class sucks

All we're missing now is someone is come in and tell us Batman v Superman is a misunderstood auteur masterpiece on the level of Kurosawa or Kubrick.
Well did you know the third act is a retelling of Exaclibuurr

LionPride

Banned
I'm talking about Tony Stark PERIOD.

Like, from Civil War.

And reading spoilers and watching a movie are two completely fuckin' different things.

And his role in the movie ain't a damn father figure type at all, just a dude who's helping kinda while being a damn asshole

So Tony Stark

So to recap:
  • Spider-Man 2 sucks
  • Logan sucks
  • First Class sucks

Last one seems right to me though.

"Sucks" is going too far, but I mean, the best parts are remnants from the magneto movie. I enjoyed McAvoy and Fassbender sharing scenes, but the rest of the film is awfully silly and full of bad dialogue like "mutant and proud!" being said 10 times.

kswiston

So to recap:
  • Spider-Man 2 sucks
  • Logan sucks
  • First Class sucks

Has someone said that TDKR was better than TDK yet?

So to recap:
  • Spider-Man 2 sucks
  • Logan sucks
  • First Class sucks

*walks in* "Batman v Superman is a misunderst-"

Damnit, I can't even type that with a straight face. Sorry GAF, I've failed you in my inability to give this thread its full circle of shitposting.

And his role in the movie ain't a damn father figure type at all, just a dude who's helping kinda while being a damn asshole

You notice the NORMAN OSBORNE part of that Uncle Ben/Norman Osborne comparison I made?

Again, from Civil War alone, you have that looking up to/father figure/aspirational figure shit BUILT IN. That's how Pete already looks at him, whether or not Tony reciprocates it.

Wait til you watch the movie before you start trying to short everyone's sheets.

LionPride

Banned
You notice the NORMAN OSBORNE part of that Uncle Ben/Norman Osborne comparison I made?

Again, from Civil War alone, you have that looking up to/father figure/aspirational figure shit BUILT IN.

Wait til you watch the movie before you start trying to short everyone's sheets.
Nah because nerds been wrong since the jump tryna find something they dislike about this damn movie for some reason from the high school aspect to Tony's role(That they knew nothing about and believed him to be in the movie a lot) to some other bullshit. It makes logical sense for Peter to look up to Tony because of the whole ya know genius engineer thing who gave him an opportunity to do something he believed to be right outside of NY with all these other big time heroes

Perfect example.

Just terrible.
whats wrong with Maguire? He is the best spiderman.
This is probably more the writings fault, but he's only one aspect of the Peter Parker persona. The geeky awkward kid. Pete is layered compared to that. Geeky yes, but with these flashes of his real confidence.

With the Raimi Spider-Man... you don't really get that. He's that goob in the Spidey persona as well. Almost like Raimi intended Pete to be kind of autistic.

And even still... it's a low bar to be the best when you compare to the Amazing flicks which completely miss the mark on other core pieces of Petey's personality, or the Holland Spidey which we've seen for about 20 minutes. And those 20 minutes were more accurate to both the Pete and the Spider than all three of the Raimi flicks.

The side cast made the Raimi Spidey-flicks. Jk Simmons, Alfred Molina, and Willem Dafoe.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The only good Superhero movie is The Incredibles. That is until The Incredibles 2 releases.

So to recap:
  • Spider-Man 2 sucks
  • Logan sucks
  • First Class sucks

First Class does suck though. And BvS was a top 10 superhero movie until Logan kicked it out

Sacrilege to shit on Spider-Man 2 and Logan tho imo. Aside from dark knight they are so far above and beyond other superhero flicks from a filmmaking standpoint. Regardless of personal preference and all that. Like i understand not liking those movies. But to outright call them bad? Nope

Insulting to throw xmen shit class in the mix with them

X2 and dofp are dope though. Despite some of the wack movies wolverine has been in he's had the strongest character development on screen for a superhero to this day

LionPride

Banned
How can one think any of the X-Men joints outside of Origins, Last Stand, and Apocalypse are bad films?

How can one think any of the Spider-Man movies are bad movies?

How can one think any of the DCEU outside of SS are bad movies?

In the last few years, the only bad CBMs I can think of are SS, Apocalypse, Fantastic Four, and...that's about it

phanphare

Banned
How can one think any of the X-Men joints outside of Origins and Apocalypse are bad films?

How can one think any of the Spider-Man movies are bad movies?

How can one think any of the DCEU outside of SS are bad movies?

In the last few years, the only bad CBMs I can think of are SS, Apocalypse, Fantastic Four, and...that's about it

X3, Spider Man 3, Amazing Spider Man 2, MoS, and BvS are bad movies

Amazing Spider Man 1 is bad but it's not as bad as the movies listed above

Top Bottom