• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Atlanta Falcons Stadium Design that may be built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad they're replacing one of the most boring, lifeless stadiums in the NFL.

I llike the Minnesota one... But that Adrian Peterson projection is going to have to have a Cowboys jersey.

Mesousa

Banned
A waste of money. The Georgia dome was just repaired/renovated after the tornado like ~5 years ago.Hotel/Motel tax would much better be spent elsewhere.

RBH

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/key-stadium-vote-could-come-today/nWwwt/

Obviously hotel tax has to be spent on things that help with tourism, but that's shit a shit ton of cheddar that I'm sure the locals wouldn't mind going towards other things that benefit the locals in a wider way.
It would certainly be ideal for there to be no public funding, but again, with the way pro teams are gauging cities for money these days, this Falcons stadium is on the more favorable side of the spectrum.

If you want a more egregious offender, the Vikings's new stadium is a more obvious candidate with nearly half a billion in public funding thus far:

http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium/faq.html#cost

Mesousa

Banned
I have also yet to come across anyone in Atlanta who wants this stadium either. All of the excitement seems to be coming from the burbs.

Mesousa

Banned
Not just Falcons but Blanks new MLS team, as long as nothing has changed that I don't know about.

Another thing not needed when we can't even get folks to support our Silverbacks, or even the Beat when they were the best thing in the woman's league.

RBH

Another thing not needed when we can't even get folks to support our Silverbacks, or even the Beat when they were the best thing in the woman's league.

There’s still three years until they will kick a ball in Major League Soccer but the league’s newest expansion franchise to arrive is already making waves. Atlanta’s MLS franchise, operated by the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank, has seen an incredible surge of interest in soccer in ATL.

So far over 14,000 season ticket applications have been submitted by soccer fans in the city, as Atlanta’s new 29,000 capacity soccer stadium is already half full. Those applications are in place after $50 deposits were made by fans towards securing seats in the brand new stadium.
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...nchise-has-already-sold-14000-season-tickets/

Not a fan.

I don't want my football stadium to look like an upscale bar/restaraunt. I want it to look and feel like a football stadium and not cost an arm and a leg to see a game.

...but, Mr. Ryan...you've always been here.

XcieRyR.jpg
One of the best things I have ever seen on Gaf.
Absolutely destroyed me when I saw it.

Parch

Looks nice, but that's a lot of different moving panels. It could be a maintenance nightmare, especially when it gets older.

What is sad, is most likely that stadium will cost much less than the depressing concrete prison Metlife Stadium is up here in Jersey.

Drensch

Mostly the Falcons.
$200 million will come from the city through the hotel-motel tax.
The rest which I think is about a billion and change will come from the Falcons.
More info is up this thread.
Thanks RBH and TheAbsolution. I missed that. I was afraid of singing like that braves deal.

MrSeaneyC

Only found out about this from this thread. So much hotness it might actually convnce me to finally fly over from London to watch some home games instead of at the mediocre, soggy pitch, rubbish phone signal, poorly designed, too quiet PA system, overhyped, insanely bad transport provisioned Wembley stadium, especially as it's unlikely that we'll be robbed on a technicality that ridiculous ever again against the Lions.

Not that I'm bitter, I just realllllly like this design.

Enron

Banned
im not a Falcons fan, but I'm excited by this new stadium. The Georgia Dome is a dank nasty piece of shit. Won't be sad to see it go.

RBH

im not a Falcons fan, but I'm excited by this new stadium. The Georgia Dome is a dank nasty piece of shit. Won't be sad to see it go.

I actually have no issues with the Dome. It's not the fanciest place in the world, but there's nothing outwardly offensive about the place (aside from the fact that it's not outdoors, but that wasn't a big sticking point for me personally). It's served its purpose well since '92.

as a Falcons fan, I am fucking excited...

also - damn we almost beat GB in Lambeau. Damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit,

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
That looks badass. I love crazy architecture on mega buildings (stadiums, skyscrapers, etc). We need way more of it in America.

Pagusas

Elden Member
as a Falcons fan, I am fucking excited...

also - damn we almost beat GB in Lambeau. Damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit,

Let's be real, you didn't almost beat us, you had a very small margin of potential victory to try achieving but you were out gunned the entire time. You guys have the ability to be great and I fully believe a Matt Ryan lead Falcons will win it all before he retires. But tonight was never that close.

Let's be real, you didn't almost beat us, you had a very small margin of potential victory to try achieving but you were out gunned the entire time. You guys have the ability to be great and I fully believe a Matt Ryan lead Falcons will win it all before he retires. But tonight was never that close.

Whatever helps you sleep. Green Bay was an onside kick away from losing that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom