• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Colbert

Banned
Like an example would be Mirror's Edge Catalyst. When all's said and done would it be better to play it on the Pro or the XOX?

I have to ask: Does Mirrors Edge have a Pro Mode or something like that?
What resolution the game runs on PS4 and Xbox One?
At what frame rate?

IDK

Edit:
And please can you detail what you meant with "One is not officially supported"!

Space_nut

I bought my 1080p just a year ago (was running on 720p till then lol), so im not going to upgrade to 4k for at least a couple years. As someone who's owned the original xbox since day one, do you guys this the xbox one x is worth me buying?

Yes

Every game will see improvement in some form. Games that use Xbox One X to the fullest will provide incredible results even for a 1080p tv. The substantial memory and bandwidth will allow textures and details no other console can replicate no matter on a 4k or 1080p tv. You'll get smoother performance too. Any game rendering above 1080p will be downsampled onto your tv. Also if you have the day one console, it's going to be a lot smaller and no power brick to clutter up. All of your saves, dlc, accessories, and games transfer easily

Dabanton

I sort of hope most games opt for this technique. Chasing True 4k is expensive, and this seems like a happy medium.

Also, I am honestly really surprised at how quiet MS has gone on the One X since E3. It feels like there hasn't been a single official comment or announcement about it in weeks.

Probably for the best. Hope we get a proper blowout this Sunday with pre orders and bundles.

I think whats been going on is MS needed time for devs after E3 to get some of their games Xbox X enhanced to show the difference.

A few big third party games shown on XB1X in enhanced mode would certainly rise the hype.

I'm hoping we see Wolfenstein 2 running on the machine.

Pantz

I have to ask: Does Mirrors Edge have a Pro Mode or something like that?
What resolution the game runs on PS4 and Xbox One?
At what frame rate?

IDK

Edit:
And please can you detail what you meant with "One is not officially supported"!

One without a patch for specifically for Pro or XOX. Or even some with lazy patches that don't do much.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst 900p on PS4 and 720p on Xbox One. Both with some frame drops 50-60fps.

Pro in boost mode reported to have faster texture loading and solid 60fps.

So I'm wondering what kind of differences the XOX can do to enhance that title or similiar titles.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
No real preorders anywhere!

What if......it doesn't pass FCC compliance.

c99.jpg

Colbert

Banned
One without a patch for specifically for Pro or XOX. Or even some with lazy patches that don't do much.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst 900p on PS4 and 720p on Xbox One. Both with some frame drops 50-60fps.

So I'm wondering what kind of differences the XOX can do to enhance that title or similiar titles.

First, every game on Xbox One is officially supported by the Xbox One X! Even BC catalog games are!

Second, if there is no patch on the Xbox One X and the frame buffer is limited to 720p then in that case the better version will be on the PS4 Pro because of the higher resolution even with the 16xAF on the Xbox One X.

If the frame buffer is not limited to 720p and it is dynamic resolution then the Xbox One X version will be better because of the even higher upclock of the CPU and the availability of 3TF GPU performance which could lead to a resolution higher than 900p.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Gamescom:

"We lied about the price: $399, and preorders are open NOW!"

MauroNL

So what are the odds of Mafia 3 getting a patch? I tweeted them bunch of times but no response. Started a playthrough on my OG XB1, but when the X hype started I thought why not wait for a while.

So what are the odds of Mafia 3 getting a patch? I tweeted them bunch of times but no response. Started a playthrough on my OG XB1, but when the X hype started I thought why not wait for a while.

Mafia 3 ain't worth it at all man. Talking about wasted potential. But if you're enjoying it, more power to you :)

I checked the OP and didn't see anything but are there details on how Forza Horizon 3 will be improved? Whether it's just a resolution improvement or a more dramatic makeover with better draw distances and less pop-in will determine whether I get an X at launch or wait until Red Dead.

Bsigg12

I checked the OP and didn't see anything but are there details on how Forza Horizon 3 will be improved? Whether it's just a resolution improvement or a more dramatic makeover with better draw distances and less pop-in will determine whether I get an X at launch or wait until Red Dead.

I don't believe they have detailed it yet. Keep an eye here on Sunday since I would expect a pretty good list of games detailed expected to have Xbox One X support added for November 7th

JoeLT

Actually Mirrors Edge Catalyst was patched to have a dynamic resolution on Xbox One. I'm curious what the resolution ceiling is set to? 900p? 1080p? Guess we'll find out when it's running on the One X. Would love a One X patch though.

Pantz

Actually Mirrors Edge Catalyst was patched to have a dynamic resolution on Xbox One. I'm curious what the resolution ceiling is set to? 900p? 1080p? Guess we'll find out when it's running on the One X. Would love a One X patch though.

Seriously? I just caved and bought the PS4 version. At least it was only $13.59 (w/GCU). That's why I hope when Xbox One X comes out there will be some comparisons done for older games too.

Theorry

Bill Giese, Creative Director at Turn 10, explained in an interview with Official Xbox Magazine (OXM) UK (September 2017, issue #154) that Forza Motorsport 7 will feature dynamic image-based lighting (like in Playground’s Forza Horizon 3) on all platforms as well as dynamic HDR skies (again, like in Forza Horizon 3) on Xbox One S and Xbox One X.

However, there is one technical feature that will be only available on Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox One X console (as well as on Windows 10 PC, in all likelihood). That’s dynamic cube mapping which, according to Giese, will help “better seat the cars in the world”.

Dynamic cube maps have six different 2-D images (textures), one for each side of a cube map texture, instead of just one like with static cube maps. What’s interesting to note is that rendering dynamic cube maps automatically means rendering the scene six times for each frame, not counting the main frame render. As a result, this technique requires a lot of power, which explains why it will not be available on less powerful Xbox One devices.

Forza Motorsport 7 also packs additional graphics enhancements across the board such as improved particle effects and ambient occlusion techniques as well as increased grass density, but Turn 10 also took great care of the game’s audio. Giese said:

We want players to see, hear and feel the explosive power of motorsport. For all 700 cars the instrumentation clusters are going to rattle, windshield wipers and mirrors vibrate – it’s that feeling of the car at its peak. We’ve overhauled the audio for our driveline flex, so you can hear the car tearing itself apart. It can be scary, but it feels more alive and grounded than before.

http://wccftech.com/turn-10-forza-motorsport-7-enhancements/

Holy shit, that's smart as hell! Definitely takes the guesswork out of finding games that support the One X and certain features. Good on them for thinking of this.

Definitely great but I'm sure soon we won't be needing it because I expect all upcoming games to support One X. :)

gamz

I love this shot:

Wmz21dg.png

The enhancements they're talking about with the 1X make perfect sense, and will be super welcome on PC as well. Forza 7 is looking like good stuff.

Damn! So rich visually. Is the event Sunday going to be broadcast 4K HDR on Mixer?

Klocker

Jesus I already pre-ordered project cars 2 and planning on skipping Forza MS this year but damn I don't think I'm going to be able to do it once the One releases.

Those are some nice enhancements.

Then again Horizon 3 is getting enhancements to maybe they will be just as amazing

Hawk269

Will Halo Wars 2 get the X treatment?

Yes it will. My only concern is that on the PC version when you play in 4k the UI does not scale properly and for me the UI is too small. I hope when they do the X1X patch that they give the user the ability to scale the UI when in 4k mode. It still surprises me that they do not offer this feature on the PC version.

BTW...It looks so good in 4k....I prefer to play on console mostly due to the amount of people I know that play it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I really really really REALLY hope that Modern Warfare Remastered gets enhanced, I can't bring myself to play it until then.

Top Bottom