• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nymeria is watching while sitting on the dragon's tail.

Meanwhile the Night King is like

game-of-thrones-nights-king.gif

Zolo

I think it says something good about his acting that from last season, I'd assumed that the guy playing Randyl Tarly was enormous (he's sitting down that whole scene, iirc), but he's actually small. Just dominates the scenes.

I expect he'll be part of the council of villains for Cersei.

Leader: Cersei.
Right-hand: Jaimie
Top fighter: Mountain
Evil Scientist: Qyburn
Navy leader: Euron
General: Randyl

I just watched episode 2 for a second time and I can't believe I only just noticed Qyburn is now Hand of the Queen.

Vashetti

Banned
That's funny because the last few seasons threads were filled with complaints about Ramsay and his plot armor and the things he was doing on the show.

Ramsay just became gratuitous.

I still can't get over how they did the dirty on Rickon and Osha by bringing them back purely to be killed off by him.

Ramsay became a cartoon villain as D&D tried to out do joffery. The point where he fed his brother and Roose's wife to the dogs was just ridiculous.

Volimar

To be fair, Qybern has been extremely loyal to Cersei.

Ramsay just became gratuitous.

I still can't get over how they did the dirty on Rickon and Osha by bringing them back purely to be killed off by him.

Rickon never even got to speak from the time he was presented to Ramsey until he died. What was up with that?

Ramsay became a cartoon villain as D&D tried to out do joffery. The point where he fed his brother and Roose's wife to the dogs was just ridiculous.

wtf kind of cartoons were you raised on?

redfox088

Banned
This new idea floating around is very interesting. I'm seeing folks say what if the White Walker threat was resolved this season, and dwindles the Dany/Jon forces to the point that the Cercei/Euron actually has the upper hand in season 8? The political conflicts is the crux of the show and the series should end with Human/Human as the core plot element. 80% of the series has been about the Great Game. It should end on that note. And it would be an excusable reason to allow cersei and Jaime to persist to the end instead of "Muh Plot Armuh".

This new idea floating around is very interesting. I'm seeing folks say what if the White Walker threat was resolved this season, and dwindles the Dany/Jon forces to the point that the Cercei/Euron actually has the upper hand in season 8? The political conflicts is the crux of the show and the series should end with Human/Human as the core plot element. 80% of the series has been about the Great Game. It should end on that note. And it would be an excusable reason to allow cersei and Jaime to persist to the end instead of "Muh Plot Armuh".

Not a chance the show goes this direction. WWs will most definitely be the big bad for season 8.

Jon came back from the dead. He ain't losing to cersei.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
That dude's voice is the stuff of legends. Dude's like tywin, he commands respect whenever he is in frame.

Dude is also a xenophobic little shit. Remembering how he treated Gilly was all I needed to figure out what Team Cersei needed to do to make him flip. All it took for him to bounce on his oaths were for Jamie and Cersei to hammer it over his head that the mexicans were...sorry I mean the Dothraki and Eunuchs were brought to Westeros by Olenna.

they're also close to the same age despite being a generation apart

Jon is also older lol.

Dany: "you've got to respect me, I'm your aunt!"

Jon: "I'm older than you so how about no."

Jesus, this is the Golden State Warriors of Westeros. Randyl Tarly is KG and he just stabbed Oklaho...er the Tyrells in the back.

Heshinsi

No im saying that the big bad in 8 is cercei not the Nights King

So they're going to wrap up the White Walker threat in less than 5 episodes while it took humanity and the CotF a generation to beat them the first time? Hell even 13 episodes was rushing it in my opinion.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I could see it happening in the books but definitely HBO wouldn't piss off 95% of the shows fans by just ending the show with cersei killing everyone and remaining queen.

Unlike Cersei, Jamie is sane and will never let that happene. Also if we believe the Sam theory (they hinted at last episode) he would not have chosen such title if everyone just dies.

I now feel Cersei, Jon and Danaerys will die next season. Tyrion or Sansa will win the Iron Throne and it all ends with an older Sam (GRRM) closing the book he just finished writing or narrating.

Heshinsi

Found this on reddit and I think seeing how hated the Sand Snakes were, this might be an accurate depiction of many people's reaction to the final scenes of last episode.

AromaticDemandingBear-size_restricted.gif

Found this on reddit and I think seeing how hated the Sand Snakes were, this might be an accurate depiction of many people's reaction to the final scenes of last episode.

AromaticDemandingBear-size_restricted.gif

To be fair, I expect a seasoned pirate with decades of combat experience to wipe the floor with two girls who never fought someone that was actually trying to kill them.

That said, I thought their blades were poisoned, but I suppose not.

Volimar

To be fair, I expect a seasoned pirate with decades of combat experience to wipe the floor with two girls who never fought someone that was actually trying to kill them.

I imagine they have to apply the poison each time. Here they didn't get the opportunity. Gotta say all the camera cuts did make their fighting look less bad than in Dorne.

Heshinsi

I counted at least three stabs the Sand Snakes did to him, and yet he was walking around and fighting Yara as if all they did was flick him. Yara should have easily had him due to his wounds.

Volimar

I counted at least three stabs the Sand Snakes did to him, and yet he was walking around and fighting Yara as if all they did was flick him. Yara should have easily had him due to his wounds.

The one snake slashed him right across his armor. What did she expect that to do?

I assume the Snakes didn't use poison considering they got caught surprised.

If they have, how long does the poison usually take?

Mountain went under pretty quick right?

Kadayi

Banned
Depends on the poison. Who knows maybe he'll get back to Kings Landing present the survivors to the queen and then his balls will drop off.

Speely

Banned
How does he know about the things he wasn't there for?

I don't subscribe to the Sam theory, but to be fair he could be writing his own takes on things he only heard about and/or read about. That would mean that the events in the show were not accurate as we viewed them, however.

I don't buy it. It's an interesting take, but I see it as untenable.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That would mean that the events in the show were not accurate as we viewed them, however.

Man, that's one of my most hated twists a story can do. It makes everything seem so lesser and it kinda just retroactively ruins everything.

I assume the Snakes didn't use poison considering they got caught surprised.

If they have, how long does the poison usually take?

Mountain went under pretty quick right?
Yeah but the Mountain had been cut up multiple times and, I'd assume, had a stronger poison due to his size.

It'll be interesting to see if they did poison their blades but part of me feels like they just wanted a quick and dirty to get rid of the sand snakes which is a shame because I feel like - before they fluffed them - a band of Oberyn-esque badass women could have been something great, especially with what an amazing fighter he was.

How does he know about the things he wasn't there for?
If he's writing the book one would assume he's maybe asked people, read testimonies, etc? I don't think this would be a massive issue.

I mean, that's the way the study of history works and he'd be writing a history book.

Volimar

I mean think of all the private conversations where everyone involved is dead now. Like Roose and Ramsey. Unless Bran warged back in time and dictated everything.

We also know they're quite capable of being lethal when they want to be without the poison. Like how Obara keeps putting her spear through people's skulls, and since Euron was wearing a breast plate, it would have been something she would have done when she attacked him from behind.

I suppose they were sort of drinking before the battle so I guess that's the reason why Euron gets to live.

Carcetti

Euron is so high level his natural HP regen outruns the DoT ticks from the low level poison weapons.

Alternatively, they weren't expecting combat and poison wasn't on the weapons because having poisoned weapons just lying around is a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom