• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEWARE - A creepy, atmospheric racing game

Stiler

First time for me as well, this game looks amazing.

The physics and lighting and everything, if you told me this was on unity I wouldn't have believed you.

Pejo

Very cool, I've been interested in this game for what feels like forever now. Exciting that it might be releasing soon.

I too will buy this game the second it’s released.

Looks real creepy and atmospheric from what little I’ve seen of it so far, and the concept in general is great.

Edit: used exact same adjectives from thread title without realising as I’m tired as fuck and should have went to bed hours ago... cbf changing what I wrote but have the ocd-lite need to acknowledge the glaring retardation of that. Me a dumb :(

Last edited:

LordPezix

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Gonna mob so hard in the Lada it will be like one of those Russian car crash compilations on Youtube.

Remember that cheesy movie where the monster trucks became sentient and chased people down running over them?

Set to The Martinis - free

drotahorror

Hell yeah, thanks for the link

Also, guess the game is called Beware now.

Just played for about 20 minutes. The driving physics are good and fun. Very hard to see anything, I can't tell which has worse visibility, headlights off or on. Kind of the point I guess but it's just so hard to see with the lights on. Probably because of all the fog. Not sure if it's possible to 'beat' the demo. I had a couple of cars chasing me and I lost them. Then got stuck in the mud. I couldn't tweak any the settings in the Escape menu because there was no mouse cursor. No controller support in the demo but I guess that's on me since I didn't feel like making an joy2key profile.

All in all, solid foundation for something different in the racing genre.

Last edited:

Soul Challenger

Neo Member
Hey, my pleasure, thanks for the feedback!

Fog density depends on altitude, but I had similar feedback - for some players it seems to be too dense, probably depends on monitor too. I'll see what I can do (maybe a slider for the density).

There's a small "mission" to discover - if you succeed that would count as "beating" the demo, I guess.

I did implement controller support but it felt worse than keyboard - so it's disabled (for now)

I made a version where I disabled the custom cursor which seems too be buggy, you can download it here if you want to try: https://we.tl/5kvHwajm2R

Tarkus98

I
Hey, my pleasure, thanks for the feedback!

Fog density depends on altitude, but I had similar feedback - for some players it seems to be too dense, probably depends on monitor too. I'll see what I can do (maybe a slider for the density).

There's a small "mission" to discover - if you succeed that would count as "beating" the demo, I guess.

I did implement controller support but it felt worse than keyboard - so it's disabled (for now)

I made a version where I disabled the custom cursor which seems too be buggy, you can download it here if you want to try: https://we.tl/5kvHwajm2R
Is there any chance this will come out for consoles eventually? My laptop will not handle this game unfortunately

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I just can't get rid of the first car that chasing you o_O Concept is really cool, but the car slips a lot and as I can't lose the car it's really difficult to know what to do. But I will keep trying

1527352601-beware-v000-2018-05-26-18-09-51-31.png

You... I HATE you :D

I haven’t really ever pondered a full on car game set in a horror universe. I don’t know how the mash up has not been beaten to death (hehehe) already.

Looks really cool.

Skyfox

Looks cool. I’m a console-only gamer so I really wish the dev the best of luck making it succeed enough to make it to my plate!

Top Bottom