• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile Website Opens! Trailer and music within.

Saitou

Banned
Firestorm said:
Probably because GAF is supposed to be a pretty good source but people like you fuck it up =/ Then again, I don't think it's a good idea to trust people other than duckroll, Jonnyram, etc.
Outside of NPD prediction threads, you never trust the GAF Aggregate. Ever.

Cedille

ethelred said:
I'd rather see this game have music by Masako Oogami and Keiki Kobayashi because I think they're incredibly talented, and the music they did for V&B and Seven was beautiful.

Seconded. The responsibilities of V&B music is very vague, though (I think Keiki Kobayashi contributed few to the game, and the main theme "Waltz for Ariah" was officially regarded as a rip-off of Michiru Oshima's a certain song by Namco since they announced there occurred a license problem with selling some ring tones - as much as I think "Waltz for Ariah" is very similar to Green Sleeves motive as well).

By the way, am I only the one who feel the website music sounds like a generic rip-off of Ryuichi Sakamoto (who I think a certain VGM composer is very influenced by, rather than Ravel or Debussy)? It's still very good, though.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
allegedly, the composer for the game is Joe Hisaishi, the Miazaki film score composer. got this from an IGN poster, so i don't know how much to trust this. if it's true, hype x another 10000 :D

doomed1 said:
allegedly, the composer for the game is Joe Hisaishi, the Miazaki film score composer. got this from an IGN poster, so i don't know how much to trust this. if it's true, hype x another 10000 :D

If true, that's phenomenally good news.

ethelred

Cedille said:
Seconded. The responsibilities of V&B music is very vague, though (I think Keiki Kobayashi contributed few to the game, and the main theme "Waltz for Ariah" was officially regarded as a rip-off of Michiru Oshima's a certain song by Namco since they announced there occurred a license problem with selling some ring tones - as much as I think "Waltz for Ariah" is very similar to Green Sleeves motive as well).

Er... okay. I don't really see Walt for Ariah as an Oshima ripoff (and yes, that song was Keiki Kobayashi, as I understand it).

Cedille said:
By the way, am I only the one who feel the website music sounds like a generic rip-off of Ryuichi Sakamoto (who I think a certain VGM composer is very influenced by, rather than Ravel or Debussy)? It's still very good, though.

It sounds like Sakamoto's work, but it doesn't sound like a generic ripoff.

doomed1 said:

You cannot be that gullible.

On second thought...

JoeFu

Banned
Oh man... Good job mockingbird.

If only a big name site put that translation on a preview for the game.

Metal Gear Triology again.

traveler

Not Wario
doomed1 said:

That music sounds too shamelessly similar to SA's theme to be Hisaishi. He wouldn't ripoff his own music would he?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
doomed1 said:

Please wack your hand with a hammer.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Joe Hisaishi? C'mon.

It may sound vaguely like Hisaishi but it doesn't have his usual signatures within the music.

That and the fact that he'd never do something for a video game due to his price tag. The stepping stone tree of composers in Japan usually goes video games > anime & advertisements > films.

Cedille

ethelred said:
Er... okay. I don't really see Walt for Ariah as an Oshima ripoff (and yes, that song was Keiki Kobayashi, as I understand it).
I don't think Kobayashi was the composer of Waltz for Ariah. It doesn't bear no resemblance to his subsequent music. As for it being a Michiru Oshima rip-off, many people say its main melodic material is similar to "Sharion" which was composed by Oshima, and I hear Namco once admitted to it having a copyright problem.

In any case, it's a totally-unrelated matter. I don't mind Sakuraba scoring this game, ultimately, but I'd be happier to hear another soundtrack by V&B staffs.

Firestorm said:
Probably because GAF is supposed to be a pretty good source but people like you fuck it up =/ Then again, I don't think it's a good idea to trust people other than duckroll, Jonnyram, etc.

LOL! You can't blame me. Hell those guys didn't even bother to credit the source. They acted like they translated it themselves.

Lionheart1827 said:
Yeah it doesn't sound like Sakuraba's style, but how come you wouldn't want him to?

It'd be pretty weird if Sakuraba was not doing the music for a tri-crenscendo game.

edit: Keiki Kobayashi? Yeah, that'd be a cool choice.

But we all know the best choice is Go Shiina. Damnit.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
GAME Watch posted a couple additional screens I hadn't seen in here...

fra04.jpg

fra10.jpg

fragile_clerk.jpg

Also, a closeup of the main character's face...

fra06.jpg

-- http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20071129/fra.htm

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The sites been updated again in the second section, theres now some new info and images about a carnival whose mascot seems to be a pig. If someone could translate the new info hopefully well get more insight into the carnival.

Yeah, I would like to know what it says also. Hopefully we get a more detailed gameplay explaination soon. Also, is this coming out in 2008?

Top Bottom