• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it's a good thing this looks like nothing like it.

I'd disagree with you.

ADSdo.gif

At the same time, I'd also say it doesn't look anything like "Metro".

Microsoft has a very, very loose definition for what qualifies as "Metro".

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
I installed Windows 8 last night on my new build and I really like it. Its quick and clean and I really like the metro tiles.

??? AM I CRAZY ??

somethings are a little wonky though. I installed Chrome but it only shows up on my desktop, its not in the apps list or on my C: drive??? WTF

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'd disagree with you.

ADSdo.gif

The only similarities are the colours white and blue and that both contain a rectangle. If you think they look the same aside from that....well clearly you're not a designer or have any kind of eye for design.

gohepcat

Banned
I'd disagree with you.

ADSdo.gif

Yea...this is just a blatant troll...or you completely fail at design.

It's fine. It matches the fonts and color scheme yet keeps the functionality of the traditional windows desktop. Far less jarring than having aero glass on the desktop and Metro everywhere else.
Clean and modern looking.

markot

Banned
No, it will be a completely new install from the CP. I know that for a fact and I dont even need to look it up!

Its got a lot of changes so you need to reinstall completely.

But yay. Cant wait to try it out on my tablet. Hope we get some new ATI drivers too >.>!

Tuck

Hopefully this runs better on my Mac than the CP. Metro apps would work 50% of the time. Start screen 100%, though.

Excited to see the changes. I've said it before - I hope the music app is less shitty. So long as it is shitty, I am 100% not getting a Windows tablet.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I wonder if the store will be opened up to everyone now.
Hopefully this runs better on my Mac than the CP. Metro apps would work 50% of the time. Start screen 100%, though.

Excited to see the changes. I've said it before - I hope the music app is less shitty. So long as it is shitty, I am 100% not getting a Windows tablet.
the metro apps were buggy no matter which platform, there was a reason they were called app previews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom