• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Oh cool. So the consensus seems to be, tackle the DLC before this boss. yes?

Yes, you for lore reasons and because the DLC bosses hits harder than the main bosses.

You can do the DLC right after amelia, explore and snatch some items and weapons before the first boss and continue the main game.

blakdeth

There might be a snippet of dialogue with the doll you miss if you do it after, other than that it doesn't make a difference.

The big thing about the DLC is to do it before the final main game boss, as defeating that boss immediately throws you in to NG+

Yes, you for lore reasons and because the DLC bosses hits harder than the main bosses.

You can do the DLC right after amelia, explore and snatch some items and weapons before the first boss and continue the main game.

Okay. Sounds good. Thank you for the advice.

what happened with Valtr?? Didn't have the rune that make him appear?

Yeah didn't have it, and the other NPC Henriette was useless.

150+ attempts, made it to phase 2 maybe 20 times so wasn't able to learn the attack patterns.

The more I played, the more I hated the game. So I've traded it keeping the memory of the great main campaign.

Melchiah

150+ attempts, made it to phase 2 maybe 20 times so wasn't able to learn the attack patterns.

The more I played, the more I hated the game. So I've traded it keeping the memory of the great main campaign.

You would have only needed to meet Valtr in the house by the first lantern of the Forbidden Woods to get the rune to summon him; http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/The+League

RetroGameAudio

Neo Member
People are using modded save files to try and find unused content-
http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2017/05/modded-save.html

Right now it's mostly just content meant for NPCs that's turning up, but it's still cool to see! The notorious Guidance Tier 3 and Revered Great One Coldblood have been found, so those are confirmed to be in the game's files afterall (with no known way to be acquired legitimately, probably unused).

Fuck Ludwig.

Traded the game in, really knocked the shine of it for me.

Ludwig is love, Ludwig is pain <3. Bloodborne is so bold and brutal. This boss may be the best example of that. I adore his design and the fact that he exists.

Greatest game of all time for me and still at the top 2 years later.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't understand people who sabotage their own situation, which creates frustration, and then rage-quit the game. Like, okay, whatever I guess... :S just really weird to me.

Valtr or not, though, I have to say... 150 tries, really? :\ I don't want to judge, I mean there are some optional bosses in Nioh I must have retried close to 40-50 times myself, but that seems excessive... why not, say, post a video of your best attempt and ask for tips on how to improve? Why not watch youtube videos to see how other players handle it? Or ask for build advice? Etc.

If you are struggling people are willing to help, but say "I tried 150 times, fuck this, I'm getting rid of the game I otherwise enjoyed" is a little baffling.

Deku Tree

People are using modded save files to try and find unused content-
http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2017/05/modded-save.html

Right now it's mostly just content meant for NPCs that's turning up, but it's still cool to see! The notorious Guidance Tier 3 and Revered Great One Coldblood have been found, so those are confirmed to be in the game's files afterall (with no known way to be acquired legitimately, probably unused).

omg. i wonder if they can use a save editor to create custom chalice dungeons... maybe not because they are hosted online?

sphinx

the piano man
I don't understand people who sabotage their own situation, which creates frustration, and then rage-quit the game. Like, okay, whatever I guess... :S just really weird to me.

Valtr or not, though, I have to say... 150 tries, really? :\ I don't want to judge, I mean there are some optional bosses in Nioh I must have retried close to 40-50 times myself, but that seems excessive... why not, say, post a video of your best attempt and ask for tips on how to improve? Why not watch youtube videos to see how other players handle it? Or ask for build advice? Etc.

If you are struggling people are willing to help, but say "I tried 150 times, fuck this, I'm getting rid of the game I otherwise enjoyed" is a little baffling.

It's not cool to talk to some else like this.

Opus made it to the DLC, I have several friends who never managed to beat Father Gascoigne. I made a post on facebook when I got the platinum and people were like "damn, how'd you do that!?! I couldn't beat any boss"

in this thread everyone is at least good/decent, with many being very good at this game so we lose perspective. The truth is the game and specifically the DLC is extremely hard, unforgiving as fuck. not only the bosses, all 3 DLC areas are hell made videogame.

also, with wrong weapons and/or not saving on a USB stick I would have never learned how to beat the DLC bosses.

what I mean is, just chill, if Opus thinks he had enough of the game then that's his prerogative.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
There have been plenty of people making meltdown posts about various bosses, especially in the DLC. It's not a big deal. These bosses are hard and people react differently to frustration. Some make posts here, some throw their controllers, and some decide they're done with the game. It's their choice.

Making some variation of the stereotypical "but *I* didn't have that much trouble so there must be something wrong with you" post doesn't help.

DONT summon the other Hunter, she forgets she had some molotvs and die pretty fast.

Anyway sad to heard, maybe you can give the game another try later in the future

Is his/her choice anyway, I have some friends who did the same even after I help them getting gear and weapons,If they got frustated I dont blame them.

Valtr or not, though, I have to say... 150 tries, really? : I don't want to judge, I mean there are some optional bosses in Nioh I must have retried close to 40-50 times myself, but that seems excessive... why not, say, post a video of your best attempt and ask for tips on how to improve? Why not watch youtube videos to see how other players handle it? Or ask for build advice? Etc.

I beat every other boss in the main campaign within 10 attempts, I beat the Wet Nurse on the first attempt...this isn't a case of me being poor at the game.

I have watched quite a few videos on YouTube, how to beat him and what attacks he performs etc. I know how to beat him, I simply can't.

It's the first game in 25+ years of serious gaming that I have decided to leave without a satisfying finish. I have a 3 month old boy at home and my time is a premium.

You think I would make up the fact I've attempted him 150+ times? 15-20 efforts a night within an hour or so is easily attainable. I'm embarrassed I can't beat him, I've seen videos of people beating him without taking a hit!

I've beaten all the Dark Souls games, Ninja Gaiden Black, Nio etc.

I'm decent at games, this is just a hurdle I can't jump. I can't explain why, it just won't happen.

So instead of souring my memory of the game, I'm willing to accept defeat and move on.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's not cool to talk to some else like this.
[...]
what I mean is, just chill, if Opus thinks he had enough of the game then that's his prerogative.
I said I was willing to help though? It's not like I'm just saying "lol u suck git gud", come on. I just found it a rather extreme situation and commented on it.

Making some variation of the stereotypical "but *I* didn't have that much trouble so there must be something wrong with you" post doesn't help.
But... I didn't do that at all? Did you even read my post? Come on.

I have watched quite a few videos on YouTube, how to beat him and what attacks he performs etc. I know how to beat him, I simply can't.
[...]

I've beaten all the Dark Souls games, Ninja Gaiden Black, Nio etc.

I'm decent at games, this is just a hurdle I can't jump. I can't explain why, it just won't happen.

So instead of souring my memory of the game, I'm willing to accept defeat and move on.
All right, if you did all that already, fair enough.

h0tp0ck3t

IMG_20170627_1813582_zps75f6bp6h.jpg
Finally!!

RetroGameAudio

Neo Member
omg. i wonder if they can use a save editor to create custom chalice dungeons... maybe not because they are hosted online?
My first guess is that something that complicated won't be possible... but I just had an idea. You probably should be able to edit the value that says what lamp you last interacted with, indicating where you should respawn when you die. At least that works in the Souls games, it's a way to purposefully teleport somewhere by dying.

So you have that outside bridge area in the Loran dungeons, where sometimes when you fall to your death, you can get a title card to pop up saying it's a deeper layer (layer 4 IIRC?) that's not normally possible to get to. I wonder if you could cheat your way down there somehow, possibly with editing your location/ lamp data.

It's probably just a collision-less void with nothing down there anyways, but I've always wanted to see someone get down there.

Melchiah

Finally!!

Mine is on the way as well. I cancelled the order on Amazon, because I got it sooner and cheaper (38,10&#8364; vs. 61,49&#8364;, including P&P and VAT) from a local webstore. If any other Finnish, Swedish, or Norwegian people want it, it's available on Adlibris.

Amazon did a pretty shitty job on packaging. Who puts a paperback book in a bubble mailer?

Amazon. Every time. Hard boxes aren't much better since my Last Guardian book came in one of those and was damaged the same way. Not much you can do when the delivery people apparently hate you though. :c

Wish the book edge protector things I've gotten with some of the books I've ordered from other sites were more of a common thing. Little plastic coverings for the edges during shipping make all the difference in the world for condition.

Akuun

But... I didn't do that at all? Did you even read my post? Come on.
Dude, you did exactly that.

Valtr or not, though, I have to say... 150 tries, really? :\ I don't want to judge, I mean there are some optional bosses in Nioh I must have retried close to 40-50 times myself, but that seems excessive...
You thinly veiled it by saying you had trouble with some bosses too, but the underlying point is still "Really dude? I didn't have as much trouble."

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Dude, you did exactly that.

You thinly veiled it by saying you had trouble with some bosses too, but the underlying point is still "Really dude? I didn't have as much trouble."

No, the underlying point was, "if I were reaching 100+ tries I would start looking for help in some way, before rage quitting the game and selling it", all which is made very clear by the rest of the post (which you conveniently stripped).

For those of you with the platinum, how long did it take for Sony to send you the platinum theme? I have the 3rd party stuff checked on my account, but I got the platinum a week or so ago and have heard nothing so far.

Melchiah

For those of you with the platinum, how long did it take for Sony to send you the platinum theme? I have the 3rd party stuff checked on my account, but I got the platinum a week or so ago and have heard nothing so far.

I got the platinum on the 4th of June 2015, and the code for the theme on the 12th of October 2015.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Should I pre-order that artbook? I have a birthday coming up in August and thought of simply wishlisting it, but I am scared of it getting sold out real fast... xD

Melchiah

Dang :/ well in the meantime I'm just using a cool looking Bloodborne pic from google as my theme lmao.

It's annoying how random it is. Particularly when people who didn't even have platinum for Horizon got the theme recently due to an error.

...That doesn't answer the question but OK :p

Well, I'd buy it ASAP. Just a while ago Amazon UK had moved my pre-order until next year. Perhaps they got more of them?

Jobbs

Banned
I might finally try to play the Bloodborne DLC this weekend. I've played a little teeny ways into it before -- Enough to get the beastcutter, but not enough to fight the first boss.

I have a level 80 character that has 34 blood tinge and 34 strength. (I made this as my first character and didn't know BT would turn out to be a niche stat) She has a +9 kirkhammer and a +6 beastcutter. I'd like to upgrade the beastcutter more but I have no idea where to farm chunks. While I have Dark Souls 3 committed to memory, I don't remember how a lot of stuff works in this game.

Also -- Someone told me there's a nice str+bt weapon in the dlc, which, for me, would be perfect. Is it easy to miss? How early can I get it?

h0tp0ck3t

I might finally try to play the Bloodborne DLC this weekend. I've played a little teeny ways into it before -- Enough to get the beastcutter, but not enough to fight the first boss.

I have a level 80 character that has 34 blood tinge and 34 strength. (I made this as my first character and didn't know BT would turn out to be a niche stat) She has a +9 kirkhammer and a +6 beastcutter. I'd like to upgrade the beastcutter more but I have no idea where to farm chunks. While I have Dark Souls 3 committed to memory, I don't remember how a lot of stuff works in this game.

Also -- Someone told me there's a nice str+bt weapon in the dlc, which, for me, would be perfect. Is it easy to miss? How early can I get it?

The Bloodletter i believe. I think it is pretty late in the DLC unfortunately

Edit: You can farm chunks in Upper Cathedral Ward from the Scourge Beasts but the drop rate is insanely low
more edit: oh wait you can buy them in the Insight shop!

Akuun

Man I don't know where to go in this area. Be nice if I had friends to CoOp with lol
Which area?

You're in for a treat. The DLC is great.

I think that person is talking about the bloodletter, which is kind of a str version of the Chikage. It's near the end of the dlc. I don't think it's permanently missable, but you do need to go and fulfill some conditions to get it. The game doesn't hand it to you.

Sarcasm

Which area?

You're in for a treat. The DLC is great.

I think that person is talking about the bloodletter, which is kind of a str version of the Chikage. It's near the end of the dlc. I don't think it's permanently missable, but you do need to go and fulfill some conditions to get it. The game doesn't hand it to you.

Forgot but its after you start seeing those invisible guys and beams of death from the sky as you go through the level + respawning dudes.

Top Bottom