• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

Aalyx

Metalmurphy said:
Ah, but EU purchase can choose US servers? And Vice-versa?
Well it gives you the option to, but I'm not sure if you can change your decision as it never asks you again (Although there is an EULA option with Create Game etc., perhaps if you go into that and decline the EULA it'll let you choose the region again)

FabCam

Marconelly said:
Does anyone else have this problem? Did you try powering console down and back up?

Yeah I got it once or twice. Just at the beginning of the race and only for a split second but it is annoying.

xero273

dkeane said:
Probably in this thread but not in OP, so any voice chat?

Games looks insane, why do I have to be at work.

Yes, I believe it is L2.

EDIT: Correction, L1 as stated by poster below me.

decon

dkeane said:
Probably in this thread but not in OP, so any voice chat?

Games looks insane, why do I have to be at work.
Yeah. You press L1 and you speak. It works well and it's nice that they actually have in after the race so that you can chat over the finished race.

Bonus impression: It's awesome with L/R2 as the air breaks, so much better than just the classic on/off that we are used to on the PSX, PS2 and PSP :)

Vorador

Banned
I just completed my first Zone event, i'm having a hard-on right now.

FUUUUUCK. It's just incredible. PSN game of the forever.

Pallaris

Marconelly said:
Does anyone else have this problem? Did you try powering console down and back up?

I didn't try that no, but since disconnecting my PSN it's been totally smooth no hitches. I'll reboot later see if it makes a difference.

My first crack at photo mode:

1-D_FTW

A2D said:
Well it gives you the option to, but I'm not sure if you can change your decision as it never asks you again (Although there is an EULA option with Create Game etc., perhaps if you go into that and decline the EULA it'll let you choose the region again)

Has anyone got any newer info on this?

It's been my experience that Europe is better for racing games such as these (plus my European pings are about equal to US west coast pings), but I'm gonna have to think about it if I'm only given one choice.

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
This is the slowest i've ever seen the PSN. WOHD must be really hitting it hard.
I was wondering why I was doing so well on the leaderboards, considering this is basically my first WipEout game — I've been getting into the top 10 for quite a few events, and just hit the #1 spot on one of the Zone tracks… turns out there are only ≈3500 people on the leaderboards so far. :(

Top Bottom