• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

jgkspsx

runnerbannerg1jf7.png
Guh. I didn't know. How did I not know.

Vert boil

Via lifelower.

The Crimson Dragon demo popped up on the Japanese marketplace. It wouldn't come down on my UK account so you most likely need a JPN account to grab it.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/P...d80258410b14?downloadType=GameDemo&noSplash=1

edit,
No need for a double post.

♫ On the last day before 2013 our Masters offer us,
♫ Some open world RPG's.

31st Dec, Daily Deal

Oblivion - 800msp/10$ (was 1200/15$) US price, check your region
--Knights of the Nine - 200msp (was 400)
--Shivering Isles - 600msp (was 1200)

Skyrim - 2400msp/30$ (was 4800/60$) US price, check your region
--Dawnguard - 800msp (was 1600)
--Hearthfire - 200msp (was 400)

edit, they initially messed up the prices over night. Everything but Hearthfire should be correct now.

♫ To make up for the arrow in the knee a magical fairy brings to us,
♫ A reminder of the biggest selling game of 2013.
♫
♫ Terraria is a game from Re-logic,
♫ And it is being ported by Engine-software.
♫ Terraria is a sandbox adventure game,
♫ Where you can build, craft, fight or explore.
♫ Create unique worlds in various biomes,
♫ And play Co-op or multiplayer with your friends or play by yourself.
♫ Some new content will be coming with the console release,
♫ And it is due early 2013.

Console teaser trailer || PC trailer
terrariabanneramf16.png

PC screenshots (and probably hella old)

TimmiT

♫ On the sixth day before 2013 our Masters offer us,
♫ A camping simulator game.

26th Dec, Daily Deal

Couner-Strike: GO - 600msp (was 1200)

♫ To make up for that shooty choice a magical fairy brings to us,
♫ A reminder of a game coming in 2013.
♫
♫ BattleBlock Theater is a game from The Behemoth,
♫ The team that made Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers.
♫ BattleBlock Theater is a co-op/competitive platform game,
♫ Where you traverse challenging levels with your friends,
♫ Help or hinder, that's up to you.
♫ On top of the story mode there is also an Arena mode,
♫ Where you battle friends in various challenges.
♫ Create your own character to play with,
♫ and create endless worlds with the built in level editor.
♫ Something something some time in 2013.

Official trailer || Prologue trailer || Prisoner trailers (shows of individual gameplay elements)

battleblockbannerwyjoz.png

Damn you for reminding me of this game. I've been waiting for it to come out for years, I really hope it comes out in 2013 but I'm not even sure if that'll happen now. It looks like a great game so it's disappointing to see that it's coming out so late.

EDIT: Wait, The Behemoth they said they are hitting the home stretch on their dev blog, HNNNNGH: http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/2012/12/13/whats-new-in-the-bbt-universe/

Crimson Dragon をご購入いただき、ありがとうございました。
アイテムは、ダウンロードが完了すると Xbox 360 本体のマイ ゲームに表示されます。

Added it to my queue!

Edit: Played it. No controllers allowed. And of course the buy full version stuff is blocked off with the usual -1msp thing.

Looks like there's online co-op in the full version.

Game seemed decently controllable, not sure how easy the leaning to move stuff would be once you're past the first few levels though.

PopfulMail

Seems the Crimson Dragon demo was pulled already. Really hoping it's safe to assume the game will be coming soon since this appeared... The WP version can only hold me over for so long.

Crimson Dragon をご購入いただき、ありがとうございました。
アイテムは、ダウンロードが完了すると Xbox 360 本体のマイ ゲームに表示されます。

Added it to my queue!

Edit: Played it. No controllers allowed. And of course the buy full version stuff is blocked off with the usual -1msp thing.

Looks like there's online co-op in the full version.

Game seemed decently controllable, not sure how easy the leaning to move stuff would be once you're past the first few levels though.

terrible news, I was so sure that the delay meant they were implementing controller support. guess I'll need to convince my friend to lend me his kinect.

i will play it no matter what, but yeah: controller support would be really nice.
the music, visuals and art design scream panzer dragoon, which makes me very happy.

couldn't agree more. I might even buy a kinect if I can't convince my friend to lend me his. it really does look like a successor to panzer dragoon.

I can't believe it, I've waited years and it's nearly here.

kq4Vd.gif

Vert boil

I'll update throughout the day.

DOTW

3 on 3 NHL Arcade - 200msp (was 400)
Madden NFL Arcade - 400msp (was 800)
NBA Jam: On Fire edition - 600msp (was 1200)
NFL Blitz - 600msp (was 1200)

FIFA 13 - 4000msp/50$ (was 4800/60$) US price, check your region

Madden 13 - 4000msp/50$ (was 4800/60$) US price, check your region

NCAA Football 13 - 4000msp/50$ (was 4800/60$) US price, check your region

NHL 13 - 4000msp/50$ (was 4800/60$) US price, check your region

-----

Diabolical Pitch - 400msp (was 800)

-----
Sales & Specials+ app

Puzzle Quest - 400msp (was 800)
Puzzle Quest 2 - 400msp (was 800)
Puzzle Quest Galactrix - 800msp (was 1600)

Chain reaction: Toy Soldiers

Toy Biplane avatar prop - free (was 240) > Toy Soldiers: Kaiser Battle - 200msp (was 400) > Toy Soldiers Theme - 120msp (was 240) > Toy Soldiers: Invasion! - 200msp (was 400)

I got an e-mail for Zeno Clash 2 but it points out that Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition is a Deal of the Week and 50% off. It doesn't specify date but I would assume they mean for the current week? The price wasn't lower when I checked but I suppose there's a chance it'll be lower soon?

And for 400 points ($5) I'd strongly urge people to pick up the game. It's worth it just for the setting and everything around it but I thought it actually played quite well once you familiarize yourself to the controls. It's tough to get good first-person melee stuff but it actually felt proper. For five dollars you could do worse.

All this is assuming that deal triggers for this week. If they meant it for the week Zeno Clash 2 comes out later in the Spring...well...it's still worth it to get it then.

I bought Oblivion on a whim to try out the digitial download service for a full game yesterday for $10. Wow that game hasn't aged well at all. Skyrim really makes that game hard to play for me. Wish there was some form of a graphical update for it.

Be warned. EA is apparently shutting down the servers for this.

Edit: Too late :(

It's been pointed out that the servers being shut down are the NBA Jam games released in 2010, not the downloadable. Pretty sure in EA's list it's just listed as NBA Jam and the downloadable one is NBA Jam: On Fire Edition.

This one is the full retail title that should have its servers shut down in a week or two: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047OOEFM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Are Naughty Bear or Deep Black any good and worth the 600 and 400 respectively? I can't download the demos at the mo (won't have access to my 360 for a while).

How did I have a great time as the sober guy in a room full of drunk people on New Years Eve? I bet money they couldn't beat 5 levels of Spelunky.

I withdraw the question :)

if they do go on sale again (which is likely), I would recommend naughty bear. very good game, was very happy with my purchase.

avoid deep black at all costs. I thought nothing could top the sheer awfulness of hydrophobia, but then I played the deep black trial. :(

Jhoan

So I bought and downloaded Bully last night, but every time I try to download it, I get the "Can't download" message. Yet I can download DLC and XBLA games without a problem. I cleared out some space for it but that doesn't seem to be the problem. What's the problem?

Child of Eden was well received as a Kinect game, so the potential's there.

But you didn't have to move your character in Child of Eden. It's pretty much just using your hand as a cursor for the gameplay. Add in tilting your body around like a teapot with trying to aim with your hand and I'm sure it'll be a super fun time.

Cheddahz

Banned
So I bought and downloaded Bully last night, but every time I try to download it, I get the "Can't download" message. Yet I can download DLC and XBLA games without a problem. I cleared out some space for it but that doesn't seem to be the problem. What's the problem?

Alot of people, including myself, have been having this issue and there is no solution to it

Jhoan

Alot of people, including myself, have been having this issue and there is no solution to it

Never mind. After hitting the download again option on my download history, I was able to finish downloading it so crisis averted.

Joe Danger 2 plays very similar to the first one after having played a few levels. It feels shorter too. I'm surprised I keep getting "You're faster than 66% of players" messages. I do like the detailed backgrounds and the bigger variety of vehicles.

I also checked out Puzzle Quest and one of the Toy Soldiers DLC's. I don't feel like buying the theme in order to get the second DLC but it's tempting.

But you didn't have to move your character in Child of Eden. It's pretty much just using your hand as a cursor for the gameplay. Add in tilting your body around like a teapot with trying to aim with your hand and I'm sure it'll be a super fun time.

I don't see why not. Perhaps there won't even be much need to move the character around.

People complain when Kinect games require no skill, people complain when Kinect games require skill. People complain when Kinect games don't offer complex gameplay, yet at the same time Journey, a game with relatively basic gameplay, gets praised everywhere despite of it. It's a strange gaming world we're living in.

I don't see why not. Perhaps there won't even be much need to move the character around.

People complain when Kinect games require no skill, people complain when Kinect games require skill. People complain when Kinect games don't offer complex gameplay, yet at the same time Journey, a game with relatively basic gameplay, gets praised everywhere despite of it. It's a strange gaming world we're living in.

Yeah, I reckon you could control Journey pretty easy with a Kinect and all the reviews would have been: "More Kinect junk. 4/10. Avoid."

"Kinect controlled" does not automatically equal "plays like shit." It's all about what the developer does with it. There are plenty of Kinect games that play really well.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yeah, I reckon you could control Journey pretty easy with a Kinect and all the reviews would have been: "More Kinect junk. 4/10. Avoid."

"Kinect controlled" does not automatically equal "plays like shit." It's all about what the developer does with it. There are plenty of Kinect games that play really well.
Kinect controls aren't consistent across different set-ups for all kinds of reasons, even in the case where they're usable to begin with. It's always a YMMV thing.

Top Bottom