• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
15hr17min on battery.

5hr11min of screen on. (30 % brightness)

8% left, time to recharge.

Seriously, if you have GSM nexus, get the official 2000mah extended battery off ebay. Best £20 I spent
on a phone accessory.

So, after three days My only major issue with the phone (after figuring out out the wifi issue) is something I didn't even think to consider: audio quality.

Everything sounds super muddy through the headphone jack. My old Galaxy S seems to sound much better. I use my phone as my main method of listening to music these days. Anyone else notice this? Using a nice $100 of Sennheiser earbuds, but I'll have to test with my home headphones soon.

My only major issue with the phone is something I didn't even think to consider: audio quality.

Everything sounds super muddy through the headphone jack. My old Galaxy S seems to sound much better. I use my phone as my main method of listening to music these days. Anyone else notice this? Using a nice $100 of Sennheiser earbuds, I'll have to test with my home headphones soon.

Galaxy S1 had awesome audio hardware.

thespot84

I I had a Verizon galaxy nexus for a time before switching back to AT & T for the one X. In the short time I owned the phone I bought the official Verizon extended battery with the back cover. Unfortunately my return period is up so would anyone be interested in buying it off me for like $15 plus postage? Send me a PM if so.

this is a steal, someone jump on it (I already have one)

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
I I had a Verizon galaxy nexus for a time before switching back to AT & T for the one X. In the short time I owned the phone I bought the official Verizon extended battery with the back cover. Unfortunately my return period is up so would anyone be interested in buying it off me for like $15 plus postage? Send me a PM if so.
I might be interested. Want to wait until I get my replacement Nexus in to see if it's good before I decide, though.

lunchtoast

Under settings, you have GMail checked in under the sync list of your account right? Don't mean to make you sound dumb or anything but, easy mistake. hehe. Just checking all angles. :)

Yeah everything I use is checked. Have also tried turning off sync, rebooting and turning back on. Guess it's back to milestone 4!

Galaxy S1 had awesome audio hardware.

Yeah, that's true, I guess. But this just sounds bad. It seems to clip at relatively normal listening levels and everything sounds like it's got a layer of vaseline on it. Just a shame that audio quality isn't more of a focus. I guess I'll just live with it and try and EQ it as much as I can, but this was something I didn't even factor into my purchase that I'll have to think about the next time I go phone shopping.

Any reviewers/sources that focus on audio quality on smartphones? Didn't seem to notice much on that topic when reading reviews.

Yeah, that's true, I guess. But this just sounds bad. It seems to clip at relatively normal listening levels and everything sounds like it's got a layer of vaseline on it. Just a shame that audio quality isn't more of a focus. I guess I'll just live with it and try and EQ it as much as I can, but this was something I didn't even factor into my purchase that I'll have to think about the next time I go phone shopping.

Any reviewers/sources that focus on audio quality on smartphones? Didn't seem to notice much on that topic when reading reviews.

Are you using stock music player, or third party? I use PowerAMP and after tweaking the eq I have no complaints over audio output, I find it a lot better than my Sansa or Ipod.

Are you using stock music player, or third party? I use PowerAMP and after tweaking the eq I have no complaints over audio output, I find it a lot better than my Sansa or Ipod.

I purchased PowerAMP for my old phone and stopped using it. Not a fan of the UI, but I guess I'm going to start using it again. Maybe they've updated it since. But yes, the customization options it has is great.

thespot84

I purchased PowerAMP for my old phone and stopped using it. Not a fan of the UI, but I guess I'm going to start using it again. Maybe they've updated it since. But yes, the customization options it has is great.

my friend's tuna clips when he's not charging, it's strange. 4.0.2 or 4.0.4

SUPARSTARX

Does anybody else have gsm version on t mobile and don't get 4g speed in NYC like me? I've never broken 2mb down load anywhere from uptown to downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn where I live.

Using milestone maguro 5, Franco kernel, and ugkl base band

Great I've had this phone 2 months and just noticed I got screen burn, I can see the keyboard letters over anything white and if I flip it sideways I see the bit where the soft buttons normally go looks nice and bright and the rest of the screen has a yellow tint :(

rozay

Banned
Great I've had this phone 2 months and just noticed I got screen burn, I can see the keyboard letters over anything white and if I flip it sideways I see the bit where the soft buttons normally go looks nice and bright and the rest of the screen has a yellow tint :(
welcome to the world of AMOLED. nobody seems to care or notice though

gcubed

meh, if the burn in is that bad, its considered defective. There is definitely some IR going from light to dark, but it should go away fast. If it persists you have a defective phone

gcubed

It really ain't going away, will have to send it back to three

yeah, thats your best choice. IR happens to all AMOLED phones, when going from light to dark (one of the reasons its a dark themed OS), but it should go away withing a few seconds.

I've noticed some burn in on my gnex but it goes away pretty quickly. Never been permanent or a problem.

Yeah thats just IR, and happens on the phone, its most apparent when going into the store for me, but it goes away in a few seconds

kehs

Banned
So this article just made me realized you can get/use a Galaxy Nexus on, literally, any network.

You can have iPhone 4S, I'll take Galaxy Nexus

Also wtf at his battery usage? It's witchcraft

Now that I have Galaxy Nexus HSPA+, I must concede it's true. The Verizon LTE phone has 1850 mAh battery and HSPA+ 1750 mAh. On my first full recharge of the HSPA+ phone, with heavy usage, I had 31 percent charge after 20 hours. The phone finally finished somewhere above 38 hours (while I slept). On the second full recharge, Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ got to 55 hours and 7 percent left before I had to plug in -- that's with moderate use. I'm on third recharge now, where I've used the device just for Google+, email and four phone calls. Charge is 71 percent after 44 hours.

So, after three days My only major issue with the phone (after figuring out out the wifi issue) is something I didn't even think to consider: audio quality.

Everything sounds super muddy through the headphone jack. My old Galaxy S seems to sound much better. I use my phone as my main method of listening to music these days. Anyone else notice this? Using a nice $100 of Sennheiser earbuds, but I'll have to test with my home headphones soon.

The Tuna has a very good reputation for audio quality. Its not as good as the Galaxy S which had the Wolfson DAC but people say it easily outclasses the GSII. I also use my phone as my primary listening device and I have been very pleased with the phone's audio quality.

The stock music player tends to have some bloating and muddiness in the bass, for reasons I don't understand. PowerAmp gives a much more even response for my ears. You can try PowerAmp for free from the Market.

SUPARSTARX

Does anybody else have gsm version on t mobile and don't get 4g speed in NYC like me? I've never broken 2mb down load anywhere from uptown to downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn where I live.

Using milestone maguro 5, Franco kernel, and ugkl base band
Still can't figure out why

Just got this phone, it's my first smartphone ever and I'm pretty blown away. I realize others phones are available and coming down the pipeline, but the wait and higher prices don't seem worth it when this phone still remains competitive and has good support.

rozay

Banned
Hmm, not that you point it out, I'm still using the same one from my 3g phone. It makes a difference huh?
I don't think it would hurt to try getting a new one. I think you might need to be on a different APN to get the faster speeds, and the new simcards have these stored rather than having to be entered manually.

reKon

Banned
I think I'm going to wait until the extended battery goes on sale somewhere again and then pick one up? Do they ever get as cheap as $20? I think the cheapest I've seen is $25.

Originally I was going to hope that some other manufacturer would produce a battery bigger than that 2100, which would be still fit the extended case, but that's not going to happen is it?

=[

DXPett1

Yay?

9kxe35

Nightz

How much do you guys think I can get if I sell my Verizon Galaxy Nexus? Got it at launch and it's pretty much mint condition, never been dropped. I also have the extended battery on it.

Cudder

Ordered this bumper for my Galaxy Nexus and it got here a few days ago. Really love the look of it and how it feels in the hand. It was super cheap too, at 5 bucks.

(not my pics)
_DSC9828.jpg

_DSC9825.jpg

DSC03213.jpg

th3dude

Ordered this bumper for my Galaxy Nexus and it got here a few days ago. Really love the look of it and how it feels in the hand. It was super cheap too, at 5 bucks.

(not my pics)
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x182/trainerKEN/_DSC9828.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x182/trainerKEN/_DSC9825.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x182/trainerKEN/DSC03213.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Link to where you bought it? GSM or LTE?

I think I figured out what causes my phones random shutdowns. It seems to only happens when the phone is in landscape mode, headphones are plugged in, and something is playing through them.

Weird right? Well, I'm gonna have to call Verizon tomorrow and get a replacement. The closest store to me doesn't do replacements anymore.

Edit: should also mention that the top notificstion bar is usually pulled down halfway andkept there for a second or two.

Top Bottom