• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Sony would stop making linear action games, they have enough already. I want to see them breaking the mold. As much as I enjoy their games they always come off as a responce to MS. KZ happened because Halo, Uncharted happened because Gear. And the one time they did something awesome like Demon's Souls they didn't even bloody support it. They even gave up LA Noire for some reason, that game is such a fresh experience.

?

932369_20070825_screen005.jpg

RaijinFY

I wish Sony would stop making linear action games, they have enough already. I want to see them breaking the mold. As much as I enjoy their games they always come off as a responce to MS. KZ happened because Halo, Uncharted happened because Gear. And the one time they did something awesome like Demon's Souls they didn't even bloody support it. They even gave up LA Noire for some reason, that game is such a fresh experience.

Couldnt be further from the truth for this one.

KAL2006

Banned
Just did a bit of googling at it was known Guerilla Games were working on a new IP way back in 2010. So the games should be quite far in development now, perhaps they will unveil it at Gamescom.

ReaperXL7

I love both God of War and Uncharted, but i think they should take a break and release them only in 2015-2016, to prevent franchise fatigue.

They can both try new IP's at the start of this gen.

It will only expand the library of good franchises.

Well i think it was confirmed(maybe still rumor) that SSM was working on an open world game, so that may happen anyway.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I can't see Guerilla unveiling their 2nd game before Shadow Fall is out the door. Maybe another VGA candidate.

I think Stig's game is more likely since Ascension has been out for a couple months.

Gadirok

Just did a bit of googling at it was known Guerilla Games were working on a new IP way back in 2010. So the games should be quite far in development now, perhaps they will unveil it at Gamescom.

I don't have much faith in GG, and I don't think they will unveil their next piece of work until E3 2014.

EDIT: ahhh yes, VGAs seems plausible.

Ark

Exactly what I'm thinking. They've announced their last three games at the VGAs and it would be a good way for Sony to get a lot of attention right before the holidays woth something like an Uncharted 4 announcement.

Ugh, no thanks. Uncharted is a great series and everything, but I'm bored of it. To see ND making a great looking game that isn't Uncharted is one of the main reasons I'm so excited for The Last of Us.

That, and I love that sort of post-apocalyptic setting.

KAL2006

Banned
I can't see Guerilla unveiling their 2nd game before Shadow Fall is out the door. Maybe another VGA candidate.

I think Stig's game is more likely since Ascension has been out.

People keep saying Ready at Dawn games, Naughty Dog game, but Guerilla Games 2nd IP has been in development team before both of those studios next game.

Edit - Santa Monica game is pretty much a lock for E3

Regarding Naughty Dog and PS4, with the Last of Us team , I would like them to perhaps try a RPG, with their decent writers and voice actors, add a conversation system like Mass Effect 1. A Blade Runner or Bourne Identity style setting possibly.

Gadirok

Ugh, no thanks. Uncharted is a great series and everything, but I'm bored of it. To see ND making a great looking game that isn't Uncharted is one of the main reasons I'm so excited for The Last of Us.

That, and I love that sort of post-apocalyptic setting.

I haven't invested much time into the series myself because of lack of interest, but just because you aren't interested in it doesn't mean others aren't interested either.

I see alot of people hyping up for Uncharted 4 already.

I'm curious to what the setting might be. So far they got the jungle, mountains, and desert all covered. Surprised where else they would go. I was thinking the ocean (as technically there is ALOT of uncharted territory in the Pacific Ocean and it just scares me thinking about it) but they already did the boat thing in U3.

Gadirok

People keep saying Ready at Dawn games, Naughty Dog game, but Guerilla Games 2nd IP has been in development team before both of those studios next game.

Edit - Santa Monica game is pretty much a lock for E3

So I guess we can expect Stig up on stage. Maybe RaD's COO as well to announce their next titles.

Kyoufu

Regarding Naughty Dog and PS4, with the Last of Us team , I would like them to perhaps try a RPG, with their decent writers and voice actors, add a conversation system like Mass Effect 1. A Blade Runner or Bourne Identity style setting possibly.

SCEWWS needs to make RPGs. It's annoying that they don't. :(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think Uncharted is Sony's biggest gun outside of Gran Turismo. I understand the franchise fatigue but they need that game in 2014.

KAL2006

Banned
So I guess we can expect Stig up on stage. Maybe RaD's COO as well to announce their next titles.

I personally think Rad won't be ready to unveil their game. They are a small team, they ported some game I forgot not too long ago, also they said their next game is gonna be like Uncharted and be cinematic, a game like that takes time to make especially for a small team like RaD. I reckon they will show off their game at VGA along with Guerilla Games RPG. Gamescom will perhaps have Media Molecule game and Uncharted 4.

Drakeon

I think Uncharted is Sony's biggest gun outside of Gran Turismo. I understand the franchise fatigue but they need that game in 2014.

Eh, it'll at least have been 3 years by that point, which is one more than between uncharted 2 and 3. I think I'd be ready for Uncharted 4 by 2014.

I personally think Rad won't be ready to unveil their game. They are a small team, they ported some game I forgot not too long ago, also they said their next game is gonna be like Uncharted and be cinematic, a game like that takes time to make especially for a small team like RaD. I reckon they will show off their game at VGA along with Guerilla Games RPG. Gamescom will perhaps have Media Molecule game and Uncharted 4.

They're not that small and have been working for 3 years + on the game. They'll have something to show come E3.

Gadirok

They're not that small and have been working for 3 years + on the game. They'll have something to show come E3.

I'm more curious on whether or not what they show will be exclusive, timed exclusive, or completely multiplat from the get-go. They established a good relationship with Sony since Daxter, CoO & GoS.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I love both God of War and Uncharted, but i think they should take a break and release them only in 2015-2016, to prevent franchise fatigue.

They can both try new IP's at the start of this gen.

It will only expand the library of good franchises.
Maybe but as a fan of character action games, God of War is all I have left. DMC, Ninja Gaiden and ZOE are in limbo and Bayonetta is about to die a quiet death over in Nintendo land. Give me GOW4 asap. :(

B.O.O.M

I expect the conference to be like this

- PS3 10 year plan, trailers for Last of Us, Beyond, Puppeteer, GT6, Rain and Until Dawn
- Rayman Legends Vita, Uncharted GA2, another 3rd party Vita exclusive
- Last Guardian rereveal for PS4, Qu2 2014 release date
- infamous second son game play demo walkthrough
- 3rd party game demo walkthrough plus exclusive DLC
- Planetside 2 announced for PS4
- new Move game by Zindagi, demo walkthrough
- Santa Monica new IP trailer
- Square announce FFXIV PS3 release date, XIV also coming to PS4. Type 0 HD announced for Vita, XV announced for PS3/PS4.

Ready at Dawn IP will be saved for Gamescom
Uncharted 4 will be saved for VGA

That sounds very solid really...add a few cool montages and we are good to go. Oh and don't forget they will most probably give a nod to indies as well

No offense man but that sounds pretty boring. I want megaton upon megaton being announced. I want another Gabe Newell moment.

Well some of the 3rd party exclusives could be the megatons

Gadirok

Maybe but as a fan of character action games, God of War is all I have left. DMC, Ninja Gaiden and ZOE are in limbo and Bayonetta is about to die a quiet death over in Nintendo land. Give me GOW4 asap. :(

Not to get your hopes down but given the recent Ascension I don't think a new God of War is likely for atleast another 3 years.

Hey, when does everyone expect the return of Ratchet and Clank, Littlebigplanet 3, Twisted Metal (it'll happen...), and Uncharted?

I'm guessing another Ratchet for 2015
LBP 3 2015 or Early 2016
Twisted Metal 2017
Uncharted Late 2014 or Late 2015

Pretty sure some ips like Socom, Wipeout, Resistance, and Jak&Dax won't be returning or may show up very late in the generation. A damn shame too since each of them were incredible.

Moxx19

Banned
I really don't think a new Uncharted would be right at this point because the TLOU seems to be a further refinement of those gameplay mechanics. To make another game in vein of Uncharted now would be backwards.

Not to get your hopes down but given the recent Ascension I don't think a new God of War is likely for atleast another 3 years.

Hey, when does everyone expect the return of Ratchet and Clank, Littlebigplanet 3, Twisted Metal (it'll happen...), and Uncharted?

Pretty sure some ips like Socom, Wipeout, Resistance, and Jak&Dax won't be returning or may show up very late in the generation. A damn shame too since each of them were incredible.

We already have rumors about LBP3 being a PS3 game so prolly revealed at Gamescom and released early next year. By Sumo Digital.

Takuya

Banned
I really don't think a new Uncharted would be right at this point because the TLOU seems to be a further refinement of those gameplay mechanics. To make another game in vein of Uncharted now would be backwards.

Why? It would be built on an entirely new engine for PS4.

Gadirok

We already have rumors about LBP3 being a PS3 game so prolly revealed at Gamescom and released early next year. By Sumo Studios.

Man. I'm actually disappointed to hear that. I'm a slight fan of the series and it was one thing that would have been better off on PS4 in my opinion.

I can't think of what they could possibly add in, besides fixing the netcode and giving a little more freedom in pods. They could probably toss in a few more tools but I think it will feel shoehorned and may damage the community instead of doing more good.

That being said, its been since early 2011 since we last had a mainline LBP. Its also been since 2009 since we last had a mainline Ratchet and Clank. Both series are due for another entry, but I'd prefer them on the PS4.

Man. I'm actually disappointed to hear that. I'm a slight fan of the series and it was one thing that would have been better off on PS4 in my opinion.

I can't think of what they could possibly add in, besides fixing the netcode and giving a little more freedom in pods.

I suspect it to be pretty much LBP2 with some new swag and new campaing and thats it. Thus not from any big Sony studio.

It pretty much is a game to keep PS3 rolling after they cut the price and casual late adopters come in.

Ark

I haven't invested much time into the series myself because of lack of interest, but just because you aren't interested in it doesn't mean others aren't interested either.

I see alot of people hyping up for Uncharted 4 already.

I'm curious to what the setting might be. So far they got the jungle, mountains, and desert all covered. Surprised where else they would go. I was thinking the ocean (as technically there is ALOT of uncharted territory in the Pacific Ocean and it just scares me thinking about it) but they already did the boat thing in U3.

I never said otherwise :p

I just want to see some variation. The Last of Us has more of an RPG element to it than Uncharted does which is exciting.

It would be nice to see a ND game perhaps similar to TLOU but huge and open world. Something that really starts to push what you can do with the PS4, just like Uncharted did with the PS3. That's what I'd want ND doing if I were Sony anyway, something new that really showcases what the PS4 can do. Alas, I am not Sony.

I'd disagree and say ND is the big gun, not Uncharted.

ascii42

I can't think of what they could possibly add in, besides fixing the netcode and giving a little more freedom in pods. They could probably toss in a few more tools but I think it will feel shoehorned and may damage the community instead of doing more good.

That being said, its been since early 2011 since we last had a mainline LBP. Its also been since 2009 since we last had a mainline Ratchet and Clank. Both series are due for another entry, but I'd prefer them on the PS4.

Vita connectivity that expands on what they tried with LBP2 would be cool, but unlikely.

Gadirok

I suspect it to be pretty much LBP2 with some new swag and new campaing and thats it. Thus not from any big Sony studio.

It pretty much is a game to keep PS3 rolling after they cut the price and casual late adopters come in.

I have low expectations with Sumo Digital behind it. I would have preferred the massive group behind LBP Vita over them. When the cross-controller patch launched it was a technical mess and was never addressed by Sony.

Had to manually change the address for the Vita, and it was simple once I understood what to do but it seems like the complaints never shook them to fix it on their part.

It took me a week to get cross-controller to work, and when I finally did I only played a few levels and got bored. *sigh*

I'm more curious on whether or not what they show will be exclusive, timed exclusive, or completely multiplat from the get-go. They established a good relationship with Sony since Daxter, CoO & GoS.

Pretty sure it'll be published by Sony and exclusive in the same sense games like Resistance and Folklore were.

Vita connectivity that expands on what they tried with LBP2 would be cool, but unlikely.

I can see it being Vita+PS3 cross game tbh. I can see lot of these coming next year when the AAA stuff stops with PS3 and they start doing more low profile releases that make porting possible.

StuBurns

Banned
Planetside is a megaton? It's a port of a free PC game, and it's made by Sony. That's a megaton on par with the PSN Store being on there.

Ark

If Gabe showed up on stage at the end of the show the whole of GAF would shut down before he even had a chance to open his mouth. We'd all know what was happening...

The reveal would go like this:

Tretton on stage after a feature on The Last Guardian ended, all of a sudden the conference hall goes black.

All you can hear is some scrummaging around, some heavy breathing, perhaps some nasties in the distance.

Then we hear Alex shout "GORDON!". Boom.

A man can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom