• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S6 |OT| You know Diggle, I'm all out of island stories - Thursdays 9/8c

Parch

That kid's acting is really bad. All he can do is pout, so we have to put up with Oliver giving him multiple melodramatic speeches every episode while he does nothing.
Arrow Dad was a bad idea.

ShadyK54

The only games they’ll be playing are WB titles. Look forward to him playing Shadow of War soon.

“Oliver, is it ok if I use your credit card? There are some boxes I really want to buy.”

Good episode. Dat Bruce Wayne namedrop.

Looking forward to seeing Diggle Arrow. Someone really wants to screw over Oliver, though, like wow.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
The Diggle thing isn't connecting with me at all, at least not with the way they're telling it. Someone may have already made the point, but doesn't he use tranq rounds or rubber bullets? The scene last night with Dinah getting choked and Dig is freaking out was written for a show where the guy is using real bullets and doesn't want to kill his friend. Just spray and pray Dig, worst case Dinah is knocked out.

Agree with those saying Ollie asking him to be the Green Arrow when Diggle also has a kid is stupidity of the highest order.

GulAtiCa

What the fuck you want him to do? Kid barely gets screen time, and when he does, he's not offensive at all.
Yeah, I don't get it. I see nothing wrong with the kid at all. He is barely there and seems fine. Hell, he seems more forgiving of Oliver lately.

If you want an annoying kid, go watch the Walking Dead. Lol

night814

Yeah, but it was a bad Solomon Grundy
I happened to walk by it on TV at work and I shouted "SOLOMON GRUNDY" so I at least recognized him lol.

Arrow was solid this week, not looking forward to Diggle as Arrow. Hoping he just turns Ollie down and tells him what's up with him.

They should have made Dig Green Lantern instead they just gave him an awful helmet and now it seems he won't be around much longer. They really f'd his character up since season 4 and his whole evil brother arc.

Joni

It is interesting to see them talk about the job situation, that is indeed an important question.
Good to see Anatoly as a villain, sad to see Anatoly as a villain.
Bruce Wayne mention.
"Coding in SQL'? Who with knowledge of SQL ever called it coding in SQL?

Oliver is so fucking selfish. Like Diggle doesn't have a fucking family that depends on him also.

And why doesn't Curtis invent something to regenerate the damaged nerve that Diggle has?

firelogic

Because Curtis doesn't know?

And that's why the writing is so terrible on this show. How many times have they beaten us over the head about how they need to be honest and open with one another for the team to succeed? And they constantly go right back to keeping secrets. And Dig is a soldier. He knows what it means to be on the battlefield at 100% and yet here he is putting all of his friend's lives in danger because he doesn't want to say he has nerve damage.

This guy knows that they made a device to make Felicity walk again. And yet, doesn't even consider telling everyone on the team about his problem?

And what?
Oliver: "I'm going to retire as Green Arrow because I can't put my son's life in danger/I can't die on him. I want you to be the Green Arrow."

Diggle: "Um what about my ki...."

Oliver: "I don't care about your kid. I care about mine. You're going to be the Green Arrow."

I'm done with this show.

Effect

Might want to hide the discord link in a email link or quote or something so you have to quote it to get it. Otherwise tons of randoms might show.

Might want to hide the discord link in a email link or quote or something so you have to quote it to get it. Otherwise tons of randoms might show.

Im all for new people joining as long as they abide by the rules. I could also just ban the offenders, kill the invite, and do what you're suggesting :p

Otnopolit

so...anyone watch the Flash?

I liked it! Wanted a little more Barry, Hazard kinda handicapped him. The writing was on the Wall-y for Kid Flash. Elongated man next!

Also looking forward to the drama that will ensue with Diggle playing Green Arrow for an episode. We all know it won't last long.

Well, it's been real DCTV-GAF.

Much love.

Thanks for all the fun, DC-CW GAF.

This is the only community I like, really post in :/

Likewise, all of you are good people, even those of you who liked S4 Olicity drama. All those posts here saying how S5 redeemed the series for them finally broke me down to catch up on it once it hit Netflix, and I have to admit you all were right. I'm back on the Arrow train now but what about this community? :(

I keep thinking Felicity is gonna make a move on Curtis.

Yeah, that weirded me out. I wonder if Emily and Echo just have amazing chemistry in real-life and that was bleeding into the scenes this last episode.

And that's why the writing is so terrible on this show. How many times have they beaten us over the head about how they need to be honest and open with one another for the team to succeed? And they constantly go right back to keeping secrets. And Dig is a soldier. He knows what it means to be on the battlefield at 100% and yet here he is putting all of his friend's lives in danger because he doesn't want to say he has nerve damage.

This guy knows that they made a device to make Felicity walk again. And yet, doesn't even consider telling everyone on the team about his problem?

And what?
Oliver: "I'm going to retire as Green Arrow because I can't put my son's life in danger/I can't die on him. I want you to be the Green Arrow."

Diggle: "Um what about my ki...."

Oliver: "I don't care about your kid. I care about mine. You're going to be the Green Arrow."

I'm done with this show.

Granted, Diggle's kid still has one other parent who can care for him. Also, Lyla works in Argus, so she could have that kid in protective lockdown faster than Oliver can have another flashback

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That ending instantly made my mind go to

Green_lantern_85.jpg

Which I think they sorta glanced in Season 1 or 2 when Thea was addicted to Vertigo or whatever.

Wasn't feeling this episode though. The whole thing with the flashbangs was oddly filmed. They almost made it seem like she was doing it herself for awhile, I didn't really get the point of using them if they're just concussion grenades. You got a team of elite operators, you don't really need all that.

Fight choreography was good though, especially that fight across and inside the car.

For the most part, I am actually enjoying this season. The villain is certainly interesting, and one more tailored for Felicity than Oliver. The side-drama with
Diggle being a Junkie
and Oliver's son combined with the FBI investigation is a little grating, but I am really looking forward to the new relationship Oliver has with Slade. Any Manu Bennett is a win in my book.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Arrow worth watching this season? Last season was strong so I thought about picking it back up again.

Been alright. No major clunkers or anything. I'm not really sold on the main villain yet, but he has fun underlings.

I'd probably say the biggest triumph is that all the new things they've added that I thought would be annoying, haven't been at all.

Top Bottom