• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voltron: Legendary Defender |OT| Season 3 now up, Season 4 (cough) in Oct

Blues1990

For the picture, you mean?

No. In this post you've made:

Heads up! 13 more episodes have been delivered and we've already began working on the next ones. Assuming they intend to release in batches of 13, the next 13 shouldn't take too long.
Also, this batch has two hilarious episodes. We're talking Space Mall level and at least two Space Mall references!

I assumed that you were working on the show in some capacity & wondered what department you were a part of.

Just finished S2 again. I like this show so bloody much. I was actually getting excited because I thought the next episodes were going to be June for some reason, but disappointed myself when I learnt I got that wrong and it'll be September. Still, overall really excited to know that, besides a major drop in viewers, we'll be getting another four seasons overall. Hopefully they're writing arcs to coincide with that number specifically. I don't think this is the last we'll see of Zarkon.

StoneFox

So a season 3 teaser trailer has popped up on Tumblr, apparently some people are getting it on Netflix as a random preview but I personally haven't seen it yet except through the post online.

The best part is that it looks like the new season is dropping in August, not September. :eek:

Jetman

So a season 3 teaser trailer has popped up on Tumblr, apparently some people are getting it on Netflix as a random preview but I personally haven't seen it yet except through the post online.

The best part is that it looks like the new season is dropping in August, not September. :eek:

! My body is pretty much more than ready for S3, even better it comes out sooner.

XAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDO2tB7g4kw

Coming August 4th.

And yes, I noticed Keith
piloting Black
and Lance in
Red. You can see the red glow on his seat rather than the normal blue.

giphy.gif

Finally taking a moment to catch up. About five episodes in. I'm definitely enjoying this more than the first season, which I thought had the characters meander around a bit too long.

I pretty much expected this outcome.
I don't think the writers would have passed up the chance to have everyone in their "original" lion from the 80s.
:p

The best part is that
both Keith and Lance are still wearing their usual colors rather than change them to match the lions.

I wonder if that means Allura will pilot Blue

:)

I would hope so. Remember Blue is supposed to be the friendliest and most accepting of new pilots. I'm guessing
that Allura if/when she tries either or both Black and Red and is not compatible with them for some reason or another - Black may have agreed with Shiro on his successor and Red might just be too much for the at times stiff Allura.

StoneFox

The Voltron panel at SDCC is today and they are showing the first episode of Season 3 so if you want to avoid spoilers just be careful for the next few weeks. I just wanted people to be aware of that.

Some general information though.

https://twitter.com/Voltron/status/888095685299519489

Season 3 will be 7 episodes and Season 4 will premiere this October! #Voltron

AJ Locascio
has been revealed as the VA for
Lotor.
(Putting stuff in spoiler tags to be safe but whatevs :p)

Can't wait :D

Sou Da

The Voltron panel at SDCC is today and they are showing the first episode of Season 3 so if you want to avoid spoilers just be careful for the next few weeks. I just wanted people to be aware of that.

Some general information though.

https://twitter.com/Voltron/status/888095685299519489

AJ Locascio
has been revealed as the VA for
Lotor.
(Putting stuff in spoiler tags to be safe but whatevs :p)

Can't wait :D
Season 4 is October apparently?

JSevere

Nerdist

This trailer accompanies the news coming out of the official Voltron panel at San Diego Comic-Con that season three will be premiering right around the corner, on August 4. This season will consist of only seven episodes, but before you get too bent out of shape, fear not, because season four of Voltron will be hot on its heels, with six episodes hitting Netflix in October. This was explained by series executive producer Joaquim dos Santos–instead of making fans wait a long time for episodes, they’d get fewer episodes at once but would have to wait a lot less time in between new batches. That way, the series could come out more or less year round rather than simply once or twice a year.

seems like they split the intended season 3 in two so we could get smaller batches of episodes more often. sounds good to me

They're doing essentially a Steven Universe model. Release a batch of episodes every X amount of months.

Maybe it works with this, depends how bad the cliffhanger is.

So the rumor of Voltron getting 8 seasons might actually be true then, if they keep splitting them up like this.

It's not really seasons if anything, they are just releasing batches of episodes when they get done, the show was already slated for 78 eps and it's been posted in here that they already got bunch of episodes in advances already in the pipeline. Now they are just trying to reduce gap in release of "seasons".

StoneFox

They did, but they are standard kid quality toys that admittingly kinda cool that they can combine together, but have some accuracy issues with colors and sizes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont understand why this isnt in my region.

Top Bottom