• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump Jr. and f Paul Manafort to testify before Senate on July 26

giphy.gif

Protome

I wonder if they'll try to invoke but not invoke executive privilege like Sessions did.
"You're not the president, you can't do that."
"Yeah but he's my dad...does that count?"

Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump's son-in-law and key adviser, will testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee behind closed doors on Monday.

"As Mr. Kushner has been saying since March, he has been and is prepared to voluntarily cooperate and provide whatever information he has on the investigations to Congress," Kushner's lawyer, Abbe Lowell, said on Wednesday. "Working with and being responsive to the schedules of the committees, we have arranged Mr. Kushner's interview with the Senate for July 24."

butzopower

proud of his butz
Last season GoT spoiler:
Trump gonna blow up the Sept of Baleor and take out all those Senators who failed to repeal Obamacare

Jared Kushner, President Donald Trump's son-in-law and key adviser, will testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee behind closed doors on Monday.

"As Mr. Kushner has been saying since March, he has been and is prepared to voluntarily cooperate and provide whatever information he has on the investigations to Congress," Kushner's lawyer, Abbe Lowell, said on Wednesday. "Working with and being responsive to the schedules of the committees, we have arranged Mr. Kushner's interview with the Senate for July 24."

BOOOOOOOOOO.

They will definitely lie in these. The point is to have their lie recorded so when proof comes out they lied after they can get jail time.

Of course, this admin has already been caught in many lies and nothing is sticking. Kushner still has his damn security clearance.

Republican: your father's campaign had the momentum of a runaway freight train, what makes him so popular?

Jr: I don't recall

They will definitely lie in these. The point is to have their lie recorded so when proof comes out they lied after they can get jail time.

Of course, this admin has already been caught in many lies and nothing is sticking. Kushner still has his damn security clearance.

They can lie in speeches or on twitter all they like. Getting them under oath is key.

it crosses my mind that if(when) Trump Sr. testifies, it could be an issue because he may not be mentally sound enough to even effectively testify. Someone will have to teach him how to actually answer direct questions with concrete answers, true or not, and idk if they can figure out how to do that in the next month or so

SummitAve

Banned
Manafort will probably be able to keep his cool, but I would expect Don Jr. to melt even if he has nothing to say. Senators will obviously be trying to use the stage to their advantage, and Jr. is inexperienced at best. They probably just won't talk much, I don't know why they would.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
manafort is legit Evil. I sort of expect some unexplained natural disaster happening so he can avoid testifying

Those with the most toys have the most to lose. Jarred and Manafort are the only ones who I think would throw everyone under the bus to save his own skin. I think theyll run up to the line and dance around it without actually comitting perjury. Donald Jr is profoundly stupid and is family to Don Sr.

Rich people aren't above acting against their own legal self interest though. There's no telling what to expect.

I expect a bunch of dumb(and unrelated) questions from GOP senators, a bunch of I don't recall's/pleading the 5th, and Kamala Harris being silenced yet again

ZOONAMI

I honestly just can't remember. Sorry. It was like last April right? How can anyone be expected to remember a completely random meeting with a Kremlin connected Russian lawyer?

If either one of them even testifies, they're going to plead the 5th from the start. You can't start answering questions and then opt out.

Nafai1123

Banned
If either one of them even testifies, they're going to plead the 5th from the start. You can't start answering questions and then opt out.

Tell that to Sessions.

"Did you have a meeting with the Russian ambassador at the convention."

"Oh gee golly my memories not that great. I don't recall."

"What's your favorite Bourne movie?"

"Well now that would be the original film, which I saw June 28th of 2007 on vacation in Missouri. We had buttered popcorn with extra butter on top and I had a nice cold fountain drink of Sprite Zero mixed with Cherry Coke. Normally they wouldn't allow that but Andrea, who was working the register that day, let it slide because she had just been dumped by her boyfriend and I told her a joke that put a smile on her face. I can tell you the joke if it's relevant?"

Ploid 3.0

Oh my goodness, I read Donald Trump and skipped the Jr. going straight to the end part of the title. I thought things were going to be so entertaining on July 26th.

KoopaTheCasual

Eh, I'm not happy about this development, because while Trump Jr and Manafort will "I don't recall" it up whenever a Democrat asks a question, you can bet your ass that 99% of the questions that Republicans ask will be about the supposed "Hillary Clinton accepting Russian money" angle.

Unless Jr has a MAJOR slip up (which is entirely possible, since him posting the emails was already a major fuck up) this will go about as well as the Sessions questioning, where nothing substantial is learned and he looks guilty as fuck

Top Bottom