• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders Warmastered out on Steam & GOG, 80% off until Dec. 2nd if you never had it

Tizoc

The game is free for previous owners of the original game, but anyone who hadn't gotten it yet can get it at this discounted price

Made a thread for this in case someone misses out on the discount, can never be too careful :X
c351ef0e03319bc8a2cd4e3cf8f8d55e9c3d62e44cd5c1f210c9d54e79fc203a.jpg
Steam page
GOG page
Humble Store page

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Thank you Nordic I mean THQ Nordic. Giving it for free is the way to go. One of the best games of last gen, easily. Now that it's finally out they can hopefully get Darksiders 2 sorted as well. They did promise a patch after all.

Ouroboros

I may have missed it, but are they doing the upgrade campaign like they did with DS2 for owners of the original steam version?

Just looked at my library, the game is already there! Cool!

Though it's bellow Darksiders 2 and that kind of annoys me but whatever.

Yo, it's more than twice the size of the original.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I may have missed it, but are they doing the upgrade campaign like they did with DS2 for owners of the original steam version?
First 6 words in the op mate lol. It's less obtuse this time around, they figured out how to automatically add it to your library, restart Steam if it doesn't show up

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Hopefully they sorted out the controller issues the original PC release was prone to have. I tried to play through it a few times and always had to jump through hoops to get a controller working. Ended up dropping the game pretty fast because of it, despite really enjoying it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Hopefully they sorted out the controller issues the original PC release was prone to have. I tried to play through it a few times and always had to jump through hoops to get a controller working. Ended up dropping the game pretty fast because of it, despite really enjoying it.

What issues did you have? I played through it with a 360 pad and never had a problem.

I got the PS4 version and the audio in some cutscenes cuts off and the game's framerate was straight up abysmal during parts of the first dungeon. The rest of the game is mostly fine but I really hope the patch it.

At least all the fun glitches are still in their

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
What issues did you have? I played through it with a 360 pad and never had a problem.

With a 360 pad, I would usually have constant camera spinning. I've had this issue with other games (Dead Space comes to mind), and it was always a simple fix. With Darksiders, I would have to disable every single USB device every time I wanted to play. Similar issues using a DS4.

I was really pleased with the PC version after being able to play it, but having to go through that every time I want to play (I never have time for long sessions, so we're talking hour increments or so) was more than I was willing to do.

itxaka

Defeatist
Is it possible to transfer the saves from the normal version to the remastered? I'm in the middle of a play through and don't want to start again.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Downloading the game now. Hopefully this "Remaster" is much better than DSII one which introduced a bunch new and even game breaking bugs, not to mention performance problems on some setups.

PC gaming stay winning, nothing better than seeing a "new" game added to your account for free. Nordic is doing right by their franchises.

Cool, I own the original on PC
Ill grab this too
Awesome game

If you own the original you get the remaster for free, should already be in your account.

Marow

Now that both versions got their upgrades I guess it's time to finally play them! Really cool we got the upgrades for free.

Edit. Or maybe the originals are better (PC here)? Deathinitive looks weird color-wise in some video comparisons, but maybe some people here have played through it?

jonno394

Awesome, loved this on PS3. Will wait to hear how the port is first before buying, even though it's as cheap as chips!

The original was already deeply discounted year over year over year. People who bought it then get it for free now. Why wouldn't they do a similar deal for people who don't have it yet?

I mean, it makes sense. It's just surprising.

Glad to see the devs doing it right.

BasilZero

I didn't get the upgrade for free ;(

Edit: nvm when I go to the store it shows I own it but when checking my profile it doesn't

Top Bottom