• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] German retailer leaks Diablo 3 exclusive for PS3

Khezu

Maybe its exclusive because sony is letting blizzard keep the online only DRM in the console version.

Makes sense since Sony is bleeding money so they would be much more likely to allow RMAH and give blizzard lot more freedom with messing with their network while MS wants to control it's Live! as much as possible.

We already see this with steam.

But they could easily just give you the option. Unreal 3 supported mouse and keyboard controls if I recall correctly.

Sure, it's possible. I kind of doubt it, but it's possible. Either way though, it's definitely not an argument for PS3 exclusivity, because there's no way there's not going to be a default controller option which would work just as well on either platform.

anddo0

Why would we assume it was a (console) exclusive from just a retail listing?

The distributor only mentions PS3 (in other words: exklusive), no word on a 360-version yet. And since PS3 actually supports mouse and keyboard this would make much sense.

maybe they didn't list 360 version. D3 could function without m/kb. I've been playing a lot DC Universe, and D3 would benefit from a similar controller layout,

Kabouter

Sure, but I'm sure they will include the option to plug in :)

It just being an option, and it would because no one is going to do that anyway, would make it irrelevant in the decision making process regarding what platform to put it on. Presumably the decision is related to the online infrastructure.

ohhh i bet no one predicted that

I did.

Sure, it's possible. I kind of doubt it, but it's possible. Either way though, it's definitely not an argument for PS3 exclusivity, because there's no way there's not going to be a default controller option which would work just as well on either platform.

The argument for Sony exclusivity is Battle.net. Sony let Valve integrate PSN with Steam, MS didn't let them do the same with Live. Sony will let Blizzard integrate Battle.net with PSN. Battle.net is core to the Diablo 3 experience.

Aaron

But they could easily just give you the option. Unreal 3 supported mouse and keyboard controls if I recall correctly.
That was a long long time ago. How many games have bothered since? They're not going to bother testing two different control schemes when almost on one will use the alternative.

Move support for skills or burst.

Can't wait to use the desintegrate rays ala Dragon Ball or virtually bash my foes with huge virtual axe slashes

I did.

The argument for Sony exclusivity is Battle.net. Sony let Valve integrate PSN with Steam, MS didn't let them do the same with Live. Sony will let Blizzard integrate Battle.net with PSN. Battle.net is core to the Diablo 3 experience.

I know, I said that in an earlier post. Specifically the auction house, because I imagine Microsoft would be much stricter with regards to who gets the cut.

JJD

I doubt it's coming this year.

It would be hilarious if the console version of D3 was released before the PvP patch.

Even if it's not the same people working on the port people would still bitch.

That said, if it's indeed true I will double dip in a heartbeat.

I miss gaming on a big ass screen, my 15 inch MBP just doesn't cut it.

I-hate-u

AH royalties.

I don't believe it. Microsoft would never let such an opportunity go IMO. That and I think Blizzard not want to ship on 1 console after bothering to work on a console version in the first place.

I expect this to be true, but the game shipping for PS3,360 and Wii u.

Top Bottom