• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

/r/gaming report: Only on NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be upfront here for a moment. I own and Xbox One and plan to own a PS4 very soon, so I'm not particularly biased to either console. Having said that, it is no secret that NeoGAF is amongst the most entitled, vitriolic and anti-Microsoft websites out there. Even though they claim that they are not an hivemind or an echo chamber, all the signs point to the contrary.
Sony can do no wrong. Microsoft is the scourge of gaming.
That is their philosophy, and outside of few, it appears every user on that sickening forum conforms to this idiocy. Just look at the NPD sales threads of December.
On NeoGAF, is it perfectly acceptable logic to claim that the $100 more expensive and weaker console releasing only in 13 countries as opposed to the rival console's 50 territories outselling said rival console is failure. Mind you, this is after the E3 fiasco, "Resolutiongate" and a number of other controversies. Just take a look at this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=752855
How can any one group be in such ridiculous denial? They're acting like there is an OVERABUNDANCE of XB1s, using only anecdotal evidence, and act as though the PS4 was nowhere to be found. It's as if they don't realise that if Microsoft had sold anywhere between a measly 20~30 thousand units in another 37 countries the gap would be either close(d) or flat out over taken.
Such gross cognitive dissonance is just mind boggling. Am I the only one that thinks they are just being ridiculous?
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1vemr4/rgaming_report_only_on_neogaf/

I'm not sure how a subreddit loaded with shills(when MS promotes their reddit forum, you know they have them) have any cred over this forum. Not to say I'm necessarily bothered by this post, but I just wanted to point out how wrong they are in their assessment that this forum is biased. I think the mods do a fantastic job in guiding the course of discussion, all my bans prove that.

studyguy

Biases run everywhere, it's videogames, it's the internet.
This place is no exception. The internet's language is hyperbole and kneejerk reactions.
Just have to take everything with a grain of salt.

bumpkin

Biases run everywhere, it's videogames, it's the internet.
This place is no exception. The internet's language is hyperbole and kneejerk reactions.
Just have to take everything with a grain of salt.
Exactly. Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one.

Whoever he/she is, he/she really wants the XBOX One to win, he/she should just relax and enjoy his console of choice even if he/she thinks GAF doesn't share his opinions.

[/he/she]

Most Gaffers prefer the PS4 because most people bought PS4s in general because of Microsoft's shitty and diabolical user policies. It's a perfectly rational reaction and no, Gaf is not full of "sony fanboys" or whatever you want to call them.

It's normal to harbor dislike for Microsoft today, just as it was for Sony back in '06.

Patryn

What does it matter what a single subreddit thinks of this forum?

It's the internet: Someone is always saying something mean and not necessarily true about someone else.

Burger

There are plenty of people here enjoying their Xbox one. There are also plenty of people here that don't have a horse in the race and can have an objective point of view.

Riposte

If the message is that a lot of GAF is still too caught up in console wars (if not hate-bandwagons in general), I can agree with it.

But that's from Reddit where it's ok to play pirated Nintendo games on their Google tablet with an Xbox controller.

...And this unbiased person forgot about poor ol' Nintendo. Just like everyone else...

Wilsongt

Is this meta? This feels meta.

Also dude has clearly never read Vita threads or been around during the PS3 shitstorm.

Yep... NeoGAF was pissing all over the PS3 during its launch and after. Sony turned things around while Microsoft really flubbed things up. That's not being too terribly biased. That's just pointing out some truths.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
We don't allow GAF threads about GAF drama, so we definitely don't allow GAF threads about reddit threads about GAF drama.

NeoGAF has been pro Microsoft for most of last generation. It's only when Microsoft decided to deviate from a gaming console did NeoGAF react violently.

NeoGAF is games. IT IS GAMES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom