• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei 4 announced for 3DS (Teaser site live)

Andrefpvs

were you going to betray your pokegaf brethren and not get gen vi

Maybe :p

(Of course not. Just give me more battery life and maybe the second pad, dammit Nintendo!)

--

Anyway, I wonder what this means for SMT and spin-offs going forward. Will we ever have an HD SMT?

Eusis

I wonder how the people who steadfastly refused to admit Strange Journey was a mainline title because it was on a handheld will react.

Gonna guess not well.
I imagine that may depend on the type of game, actually. If it's closer to Nocturne than Strange Journey (3rd person adventure versus first person pure dungeon romp) they'd probably be a bit more content, but if it's more in the style of Strange Journey/the classic game then everyone who wasn't happen with Strange Journey is probably going to still be pissed.

Seda

I still have to really get into this series, I've only played Persona 3 and I know that's not a true SMT or something.

Sophia

I'm glad Atlus is vindicating my purchase of a 3DS.... oh what the hell, full fangirl mode enabled.....

OMFG HOLY SHIT MEGATON!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is. This is the other Atlus surprise. Glad it's finally announced! I'm really, really, really excited.

YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS!? I hate you. Must have been hard to not talk about it.

Thoraxes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Now the important question: Do I import a JP 3DS to play right away, or wait for the localization?

Tough tough question.

did I miss a list?

In the recent Media Create thread, there was a bit of back and forth about that list that showed potential third party support that comes with every console/handheld launch. The SMT and SMT: Persona entires were discussed as if they have any relevance what so ever.

It's pretty stupid to mention it here.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Awesome, this is fantastic news.

Need more info about it, but a new SMT is always something to get stoked for. (Edit: Yes, mostly for the art, as noted below... but moreso for the muuuusiiiiiiiic.)

Well, this means I'll definitely own a 3DS at some point.

Once Nintendo puts out a reasonable revision of the hardware (DS-Lite esque) I'll pick it up.

Aeana

Well, one thing you can be sure of is that it'll be set in Tokyo, unlike Strange Journey. They wouldn't call it SMT4 otherwise.

Top Bottom