• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT11| Have Mercy

These Mercy "nerfs" barely did anything. She's still insanely good and by far the best healer and an auto-include. Resurrect should not be a normal ability, it should be tied to Valkyrie.

Resurrect should just go back to being her ult and they should fix it from there. Give it a smaller radius, don't let her move while using it, take away invulnerability - these are all things that they buffed over how it originally was. I don't know, but it certainly couldn't be worse than the hell we're all living in now.

Maybe if they fixed the SR crap in the first place everyone would have went on not caring about team rez.

Isn't he seeing some competitive play?

yeah a bit more, he can be somewhat useful if you are good enough to reliably hook flankers(basically 0% of players at lower ranks). otherwise hes just free ult for enemy team. hes almost never the best tank in any situation even when people can hook with high accuracy

hypernima

Banned
Mercy's throwing left and right due to the nerfs. 2 rounds both mercy mains refused to play her and just threw the game, why queue if you're upset?

I had two Mercy mains hop on Soldier and take me for a WILD ride two days ago.
Shit was hilarious despite the lost SR.

Hearing the voice lines for the narrator in Junkenstein's Revenge made me realize that Reinhardt is the biggest Ana×Reinhardt shipper hahaha!

I can't believe I just said that.

Blues1990

Hearing the voice lines for the narrator in Junkenstein's Revenge made me realize that Reinhardt is the biggest Ana×Reinhardt shipper hahaha!

I can't believe I just said that.

There are a lot of fun voice lines from Reinhardt from that mode. If you have players select Soldier: 76, Ana, & Torbjorn, there's actually a voice line that Reinhardt comments on them being "well-worn soldiers fighting their last battle".

There are some other fun voice lines that Hammeh had collected for this video.

MG310

That shit where RH can pull you, make a 90 degree turn, and drop you off a ledge needs to fucking gooooooo! Why is that still a thing?

It's all we have left!

Season 6 Gold Hijinks: The entire other team throws the 2nd round on Lijiang after losing the first round 100-82.

That shit where RH can pull you, make a 90 degree turn, and drop you off a ledge needs to fucking gooooooo! Why is that still a thing?

Implying thats the worse that can happen, I have seen hogs who literally pulled me in full 360's and even whipped me in the air like I was a piece of paper before.

Felt like I was on DBZ getting thrown by Goku or some shit.

People like you are why he got nerfed. HAVE SOME GODDAMN POSITIONAL AWARENESS.

yeah a bit more, he can be somewhat useful if you are good enough to reliably hook flankers(basically 0% of players at lower ranks). otherwise hes just free ult for enemy team. hes almost never the best tank in any situation even when people can hook with high accuracy

Makes sense.

randome

Got paired with an actual mei thrower tonight. Ice walls, hello-enemy-suicides and all. What a waste of time. Fuck throwers!

People like you are why he got nerfed. HAVE SOME GODDAMN POSITIONAL AWARENESS.

What kind of positional awareness do you think I'm capable of when I'm on 2nd point Napal where the point is on a fucking floating platform where RH can come at you from any angle? Where do I get this spherical awareness ability you speak of where I can detect which position RH is coming from to hook me amidst all the other explosions and shit going on on this contested point? Maybe that's why I'm not in Masters, maybe I haven't learned the transient ability to become eyes around every fucking corner yet.

See Hog, see ledge, see he hasnt tossed hook in past 7-10 seconds, turn around and go the other way.
I'm big on hiding behind pillars.

A Winston or D.Va that just flew is a Hog's best friend.
I remember when Roadhog scared Winston players away.

What kind of positional awareness do you think I'm capable of when I'm on 2nd point Napal where the point is on a fucking floating platform where RH can come at you from any angle? Where do I get this spherical awareness ability you speak of where I can detect which position RH is coming from to hook me amidst all the other explosions and shit going on on this contested point? Maybe that's why I'm not in Masters, maybe I haven't learned the transient ability to become eyes around every fucking corner yet.
It's not about always knowing where Roadhog is. It's about making sure you're behind a shield or have a wall nearby for quick cover. I'm not saying you should never get hooked, but the proper response to getting hooked is always a reflection of what you did wrong. On both Nepal points there are places you can stand that keep you out of hook range while letting you fight.

Gotta track Hog man. If you know he's alive don't let your back/side be to him until you know he's tossed that hook, or you are dipping from cover to cover. If he died, know which side he's coming from and keep track of him.

Hogs almost always go for the same spots, it kind of becomes second nature after playing him enough and playing against him enough. And a good Rein or Orissa totally shuts hook strats down, also people breaking hooks via jumping momentum and clipping objects/walls.

Finally got my Cultist skin for Zenyatta and my god, I don't think ive ever been this impressed with a skin before. The aesthetic, the changes to existing voice lines, the new animations. Its all perfect... Now to continue never using Zenyatta because I'm terrible with him...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lmao keep playing hog and whining about "elo hell" yall

nuhog cant go to elohell because he cant die
obvious-smart-nigga.jpg

MG310

9-7-1 tonight. One really good Junkertown match where we got the payload there with 15 seconds left and they got it in overtime. We won in overtime.

Nobody on our team, myself included, could keep their Lucio from dancing around the payload.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I'm bummed about the Mercy nerfs since they make her ult way less impactful and interesting to use, but on the plus side I'm already getting a huge amount of value out of the new jump cancelling of Guardian Angel. She can cover ground much more quickly now, or slingshot herself into the air in new ways, making her even that bit more slippery than she already was.

LiK

Gonna try and get the rest of the Arcade lootboxes this week and hope I score the missing skins. If not, I'll just buy the rest with coins and call it an event.

Custom junkenstein can count for the spray achievements?

Doubt it.

Someone decided to throw because my teammate ran widow on first point. He had gold elims, I don’t understand people sometimes.

Of course. Some people don't even give people a chance before they tilt and smash.

Ramirez

Well half the time it's probably because they are terrible at playing with the "smart picks".

If that’s the case, I really doubt they’re great with Torb, Bastion, Widow, Mei, etc.

In the game that triggered me to post that, a Pharah was absolutely slaughtering us, but the Junk never changed, and one guy switched to Reaper of all people. We had no Soldier, or McCree.

I remember a Ramirez, but that was so long ago...

Trading in my PS4 copy is one of the biggest regrets of the year, lol.

Mendrox

Rezz is the worst cancer in games such as this one.

Old Mercy:

- kills your whole team motivation after rezzing the whole team even though you worked together to pull good combos off and wipe the enemy team - she hides like a little bitch and just kills any team enthusiasm

New Mercy:

- Rezz anyone after 30 seconds, depending on how good the Mercy player is, it's always a good choice
- Pull more rezzes off than before and stall the game like a little bitch by flying around with her new ultimate and just speed through the whole map by abusing Guarding Angel

Buff Ana back
Give Zen 50% discord back
Buff Lucios healing and speed back

No reason to nerf Mercy. Have any support be OP and let people choose.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just had a QP match (Ilios) with 20 rezes.
They will nerf her again.

I feel like it might be only usable with Valkyrie one day. If that's the case, maybe it will go back to its 10 secs cooldown or something, or have limited charges.

I feel like it might be only usable with Valkyrie one day. If that's the case, maybe it will go back to its 10 secs cooldown or something, or have limited charges.

At that point they should just give her the old Rez back, find a way to balance it (like get rid of the invulnerability she had, decrease the Rez area, cap it with charges, anything really) and put an interesting move on her E ability.

Oh and fix SR, because it's garbage and I don't think Mercy would've ever gotten touched if people didn't get salty at how her SR gains were calculated.

AbaFadi

Banned

I'd say hog is decent until masters. You usually are better off picking another tank most of the time though.

Old Mercy:

- kills your whole team motivation after rezzing the whole team even though you worked together to pull good combos off and wipe the enemy team - she hides like a little bitch and just kills any team enthusiasm

New Mercy:

- Rezz anyone after 30 seconds, depending on how good the Mercy player is, it's always a good choice
- Pull more rezzes off than before and stall the game like a little bitch by flying around with her new ultimate and just speed through the whole map by abusing Guarding Angel

Buff Ana back

This x1000

Nerfs always leads to things being less fun.

Give them all res abilities, but only on ult.

Ana's ult can now target downed players as well, bringing them back to life like a shot of adrenaline, forcing Ana players to choose between a res or a boost.

Lucio's ult can now res downed players within the ult's effective range, but only for a limited amount of time; their health starts off full but decays until they die again.

Mercy's ult can still revive heroes to full health, but she can only do so three (two?) times per ult. The ability to res outside of ult usage is gone, replaced by another ability.

Zenyatta's ult reverses the respawn meter of downed players as long as he's in range of the healing field; when the meter reaches zero they respawn at 100 health, continuing to heal while in the field.

Symmetra doesn't get a res because f*ck Symmetra.

fhqwhgads

Is the idea of making every healer solo viable too much? It's entirely possible to use Zen or Lucio solo, especially on teams with a lot of self sustaining characters, but if they made them usable as solo healer in all circumstances, would that be too broken you think?

Danj

Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to hit Gold this season :(

Maybe next season, assuming placements don't get re-nerfed. Sigh.

EDIT: and it looks like it's only 50-50 whether I'll be able to hold on to my original goal of reaching SR 1750 by the end of the season. I was doing well but dropped 100+ SR again.

ISOM

Old Mercy:

New Mercy:

Buff Ana back

I've been saying this. If Blizzard is gonna continue with this OP Mercy, then all the other supports need to be buffed. It's fucking ridiculous as it is now needing a Mercy in every game.

Top Bottom