• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Have we gotten an official announcement of titles available and when major support of backwards compatibility will be launched?

Chris1

dont get too excited about Witcher 2. It runs like crap on the 360, with horrendous tearing. With the forced vsync, I hate to think how it will play on the One!
That sucks :( would still like to give a try though. I can always load up my 360 and play it.. but damn does that controller feel terrible now.

Have we gotten an official announcement of titles available and when major support of backwards compatibility will be launched?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1099611
All the official information that is known is in that OT there.

muzzymate

With the forced vsync, I hate to think how it will play on the One!

I really wish that was an user facing option. I know some would disagree, but I prefer torn frames rather than dropped framerate. I don't notice it as much as a poor framerate.

It launches with the general release of the new dashboard. I'm surprised there has not been more official announcements on the titles that will be available at launch.

Source said:

I really wish that was an user facing option. I know some would disagree, but I prefer torn frames rather than dropped framerate. I don't notice it as much as a poor framerate.

Who knows, it could be an option eventually. They might have a system setting for it when the dashboard update releases. And there's always a chance of it getting through the feedback program.

It launches with the general release of the new dashboard. I'm surprised there has not been more official announcements on the titles that will be available at launch.

They probably don't want to commit to anything just yet. We'll probably get a list as we get closer.

statham

I expect them do like the Forza Car lists and announce 10-20 per week as we get closer, if they are truly launching with over 100.

EvB

There have been some updates to the BC titles that are out there and Red Dead Redeption and Halo Wars have lit up like a Christmas tree, along with the ones we already know about like Mirror's Edge

Nheco

Yesterday I faced a bug in all Xbox 360 titles when played on Xbox One: they couldn't access Xbox Live, I tried deleting my Xbox 360 data to see if downloading my profile again would fix the issue, but after that I can't even download it again.

It appears that Xbox 360 game on Xbox One don't like wired connections, when I change it to my wi fi, it worked flawlessly. So, that's my story if anyone else face this same issue (not sure if anyone else already report it here).

shandy706

Yesterday I faced a bug in all Xbox 360 titles when played on Xbox One: they couldn't access Xbox Live, I tried deleting my Xbox 360 data to see if downloading my profile again would fix the issue, but after that I can't even download it again.

It appears that Xbox 360 game on Xbox One don't like wired connections, when I change it to my wi fi, it worked flawlessly. So, that's my story if anyone else face this same issue (not sure if anyone else already report it here).

I believe Xbox Live was acting up yesterday anyway. It was for me.

im_dany

There have been some updates to the BC titles that are out there and Red Dead Redeption and Halo Wars have lit up like a Christmas tree, along with the ones we already know about like Mirror's Edge

This is such a great news for me. I thought BC wouldn't work with the worst programmed games (RDR was a beauty but also a mess, according to a few programmers).
If they can make it work, I think they can make every game work. Too bad some devs won't like it and instead will keep trying to cash in on remakes (I'm looking at you Activision, I know you're not going to give us COD for free).

Kssio_Aug

What I want the most is:
-Gears (the entire collection)
-Mass Effect trilogy
-Red Dead Redemption
-Halo Reach

That would fill my past gen needs!

Chris1

Good to hear RDR is looking very likely. Can't wait to play that game again. Hope they make it available in preview this month, would be a good game to test since it's code is supposedly a bowl of spaghetti.

gossi

Where does this information even come from?

Where does this information even come from?

I know that there was some kind of marcetplace sniffer programs out for Xbox360 back in the day where you could browse through hidden stuff only microsoft employes have access to etc, partnet net stuff.

Not sure if something like this available/possible for Xbone.

Synth

Cheers. I don't think the info is real. There's games and publishers on the list who I know aren't working on BC.

Are any publishers actually working on BC rather than simply approving the titles tho?

I'd assume all the actual BC work happens on MS' end, right?

gossi

Are any publishers actually working on BC rather than simply approving the titles tho?

I'd assume all the actual BC work happens on MS' end, right?

The publishers have to do a bunch of things, including but not limited to supplying artwork (when you start the game etc you get artwork) and signing off the release.

Synth

The publishers have to do a bunch of things, including but not limited to supplying artwork (when you start the game etc you get artwork) and signing off the release.

I guess I'm massively underestimating their involvement then. I'd have assumed this stuff would basically be a case of saying "yea, you can list that", and fishing out an image that crops well into a square.

The artwork can just be what was used for the 360 marketplace/"more info" page background going off Mass Effect on XB1. Just a big in-game screen of Shepard with a gun that was the same on 360.

EvB

Cheers. I don't think the info is real. There's games and publishers on the list who I know aren't working on BC.

Anyone specific?
I've found a couple more store pages today with a little help from a friend, so I'd like to hear which publishers you say aren't involved before I post them :p

Making the assumption that it is an emulator, making certain games work is likely to have broader positive implications with other games.

im_dany

Chris1

I think I've just found something that may point to RDR being BC too

List of games that may be BC if I'm right, can you check and see if these have store pages yet or if you can find anything using your methods?

Red Dead Redemption
Undertow
Gears of War Judgement
Fable 3
Super Meat Boy
Roboblitz
Frogger
Contra

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Gears Judgement is part of the Ultimate Edition package along with other Gears games so that's definitely coming.

Chris1

Gears Judgement is part of the Ultimate Edition package along with other Gears games so that's definitely coming.

Yeah I know, but if this list is accurate then it should have lit up like a christmas tree like RDR did for him because it was tested very recently.

The list is just 360 games someone who works at xbox has played recently, it really could mean nothing because they could have played it on their 360.

Major Nelson and Phil Spencer had Rare games, Borderlands etc before BC was announced, and Major played Borderlands like a week before it was made BC for preview members. There's some other games that's already available for preview members (borderlands, toy soldiers cold war) in the list, and with EvB posting about RDR and that's why I think it's possible that list might be games being tested too.

EvB

So finally found Castlevania's Store page and pin, but also found Bomberman too

Yy1Jmlg.jpg

Bizzquik

So finally found Castlevania's Store page and pin, but also found Bomberman too

Yy1Jmlg.jpg

I feel like time suddenly slows down every time we get new EvB backward compatibility confirmations. Its as if time itself realizes that I'm excited for a date to arrive, and somehow makes the wait 'til November even longer just to spite me.

Nesther

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I just encountered an issue whereas my Banjo games stop launching on Xbox One. I've played them in the past without any issue but now suddenly it greets me with licensing issues?

After reinstalling I get the message: "Installation is almost done. If you have a game disc, insert it now. If this is installing from the XBL Store, the person who bought it needs to sign in with the profile they used at purchase."

I'm signed in with my only account, which made the purchases years ago, and it won't work. The XBL Store sends me to the Rare Replay page. Is it now required to own RR to play the Banjo games, even though I've bought them before?

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I just encountered an issue whereas my Banjo games stop launching on Xbox One. I've played them in the past without any issue but now suddenly it greets me with licensing issues?

After reinstalling I get the message: "Installation is almost done. If you have a game disc, insert it now. If this is installing from the XBL Store, the person who bought it needs to sign in with the profile they used at purchase."

I'm signed in with my only account, which made the purchases years ago, and it won't work. The XBL Store sends me to the Rare Replay page. Is it now required to own RR to play the Banjo games, even though I've bought them before?

You are probably trying to play the Rare Replay versions of the game. Just install the 360 XBLA and Games on Demand versions.

Top Bottom