• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Meowster

Didn't know that KOTOR was only 2.99 on the Apple Store. Snagged that up really quick and started playing. It's a pretty good port of the game, not as awkward as some of the other ports I've played. Been probably a decade since I played without mods or cheats - aah nostalgia.

Nowhere else to post this, so, will just say, my 9 and 7 year old daughters were sitting on the couch and just out of the blue started singing the Star Wars lounge song that Bill Murray did on SNL. I guess I do that every once in a while around the house and it stuck.

https://vimeo.com/148990643

Zombine

Banned
Good thing they didn't kill him.

You can definitely see how he was supposed to be another casualty that weighs on Finn's conscience when they Crash land on Jakku. I'm glad they didn't go through with it because his X-Wing scene is one of my favorites in the film.

Speaking of X-Wings, one of the most exciting things in the Disney films are all of the spectacular aerial/space battles. I would love it if they could make an X-Wing film work.

Edit:

Moof Milker is my favorite Star Wars insult now.

Speaking of X-Wings, one of the most exciting things in the Disney films are all of the spectacular aerial/space battles. I would love it if they could make an X-Wing film work.

Judging by Johnson's list of filmic inspirations for VIII, we'll still be in war mode, so more dogfighting seems a logical assumption. (So much for Rian "finally shaking things up", but we shall see)

On different note, we haven't seen Corellia in any new visual media, have we? I suppose the Han movie is the ideal time to show it, though the movie's milieu might be more along the lines of Nar Shaddaa or the like.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
On different note, we haven't seen Corellia in any new visual media, have we? I suppose the Han movie is the ideal time to show it, though the movie's milieu might be more along the lines of Nar Shaddaa or the like.

It's gonna be in Episode 8, allegedly.

Judging by Johnson's list of filmic inspirations for VIII, we'll still be in war mode, so more dogfighting seems a logical assumption. (So much for Rian "finally shaking things up", but we shall see)

Kinda weird it never showed up in Clone Wars.

As of right now, what force sensitive beings(not sith or jedi in the new cannon were introduced? I can only think of Force Priestesses and Bendu, but I have read a lot of the comics or books.

So I had started rewatching Rebels recently(sidepoint is the the terrible first season is much better now that I grew to like the characters in S2&3)
But I was surprised to see something that I had completely forgotten was in Rebels but is very relevant now because of Rogue One.

They were setting up
Vader/his castle on Mustafar
back in S1.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So I had started rewatching Rebels recently(sidepoint is the the terrible first season is much better now that I grew to like the characters in S2&3)
But I was surprised to see something that I had completely forgotten was in Rebels but is very relevant now because of Rogue One.

They were setting up
Vader/his castle on Mustafar
back in S1.
I love to get more and morw ammunition against people who talk of these silly cartoons that doesnt matter anyway

I'm kinda sad when there is no new Star Wars comics coming out in a week. Seems like they are the only comics I get excited for these days.

Happy Birthday Wadium! Mine is this Thursday. Caps!

As of right now, what force sensitive beings(not sith or jedi in the new cannon were introduced? I can only think of Force Priestesses and Bendu, but I have read a lot of the comics or books.

Father, Son and Daughter on Mortis

Catalyst gets pretty descriptive about Lyra Erso's force sensitivity (Jyn's mom). She's no Jedi candidate or anything, but she can feel it when she meditates and it has given her a love of nature (and made her a bit of a Jedi fangirl).

Also, there's Chirrut from Rogue One, of course.

Oh, and the Nightsisters' magic seems to involve the dark side of the force, as well as the "Nightbrothers". Everyone on Dathomir seems to use it as an ingredient in their fuckery.

Watched Rogue One again today for my Birthday. That third act is still such a blast.

Happy birthday!

Thanks guys!

Making Star Wars reckon they'll will be sticking with the December release dates for the foreseeable future. They've heard 13th December 2018 for the Han Solo spin-off. It seems to have worked out well for Disney and Lucasfim so far. so no reason to change it really

I like it. Kids are out of school. It can dominate the BO at that point and it's got two holiday weekends to feed off of. Rogue One is rocketing towards $800M worldwide and it's not even out 3 weeks.

What Star Wars stuff do you guys collect?
I think this is pretty much all of the Star Wars stuff I have at the moment. I used to have tons of toys, comics, books, and the VHS versions of the movies, but I lost that stuff during the many times my family and I had to move between 2002 and 2011 (like 10 or so times), though most got lost on the first move (Puerto Rico to Florida), because my mom decided to throw most of it out instead of paying to move it (even though she wasn't even the one paying for anything). I had most of the Kenner Power of the Force 2 stuff, some early Hasbro figures, some Micro Machines toys, some old bendy figures, a bunch of KFC/Pizza Hut/Taco Bell Phantom Menace stuff, some Lego's, a few Star Wars Unleashed figures, a few Kenner/Hasbro lightsabers, and some other stuff. My older brother, who also lives here, does still have a lot of his Star Wars stuff, though.

I used to also have X-Wing and TIE Fighter Special Edition on PC CD-ROM, but that got lost somewhere before I ever moved. Star Wars Arcade for 32X and Star Wars Episode I: Racer for N64 are loose because they came bundled with the consoles, and I still have the boxes here (which I might take a picture of and edit in here later). My older brother has a copy of Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Jedi Alliance for Nintendo DS, which is the only Star Wars game here in my house that isn't pictured...unless you want to count Soulcalibur IV, which I have on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Kyi3qh8.jpg

w9tOqZq.jpg

whg7cFg.jpg

TcHpSai.jpg

gMZhYCC.jpg

BMtU4bA.jpg

I think I will. Thanks!

I think this is pretty much all of the Star Wars stuff I have at the moment. I used to have tons of toys, comics, books, and the VHS versions of the movies, but I lost that stuff during the many times my family and I had to move between 2002 and 2011 (like 10 or so times), though most got lost on the first move (Puerto Rico to Florida), because my mom decided to throw most of it out instead of paying to move it (even though she wasn't even the one paying for anything). I had most of the Kenner Power of the Force 2 stuff, some early Hasbro figures, some Micro Machines toys, some old bendy figures, a bunch of KFC/Pizza Hut/Taco Bell Phantom Menace stuff, some Lego's, a few Star Wars Unleashed figures, a few Kenner/Hasbro lightsabers, and some other stuff. My older brother, who also lives here, does still have a lot of his Star Wars stuff, though.

I used to also have X-Wing and TIE Fighter Special Edition on PC CD-ROM, but that got lost somewhere before I ever moved. Star Wars Arcade for 32X and Star Wars Episode I: Racer for N64 are loose because they came bundled with the consoles, and I still have the boxes here (which I might take a picture of and edit in here later). My older brother has a copy of Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Jedi Alliance for Nintendo DS, which is the only Star Wars game here in my house that isn't pictured...unless you want to count Soulcalibur IV, which I have on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
That's a pretty impressive collection.

For figures I have several hasbro figures, Quinlan Vos, Jarael and Rohlan.

I have some lego stuff. I don't why but I am thankful Lego decided to make a Darth Reven figure I manage to get.

Also some books. This is actually the oldest book in my possession. Had it since the second grade.

Obi-Wan's journals are the best thing. If you aren't reading the Star Wars comic, you are missing out.

Nightsisters:

Nightbrothers:

They've been back in canon for quite some time.
GAMEPROFF means they existed before they appeared in The Clone Wars and so they're not really a group that were introduced for the first time in the new canon. I misunderstood as well at first.

That's great. I just didn't expect Lego to make anything from EU. Thought they'd focus on the tv shows and movies.

I might have overpaid by a couple of bucks, but I try to support local comic stories.

Awesome. 1/6 scale is like the ultimate form of figure collecting to me.

I would say the highest quality maybe, but I think I like my Lego stuff just a tad more. In a sense that I don't worry about breaking anything when I fiddle around with them. You get some moments like this.

PEZsdfm.jpg

Malyse

Speaking of, do you think we are moving past Jedi and Sith?
Like, Kylo Ren isn't a Sith. That was made explicit in the interviews. Likewise, Rey is not (yet) a Jedi. We also have Father, Son and Daughter plus Lyra Erso and Chirrut. And I really doubt that Snoke is going to be a Sith Lord. I'm thinking that we're just going to have Force Adept individuals with no formal Sith/Jedi training.

Speaking of, do you think we are moving past Jedi and Sith?
Like, Kylo Ren isn't a Sith. That was made explicit in the interviews. Likewise, Rey is not (yet) a Jedi. We also have Father, Son and Daughter plus Lyra Erso and Chirrut. And I really doubt that Snoke is going to be a Sith Lord. I'm thinking that we're just going to have Force Adept individuals with no formal Sith/Jedi training.

I think it's slowly happening. By the time we entered the Sequal Trilogy both Sith and Jedi are pretty much gone. We have different force-users that are not Sith or Jedi appearing in the Clone Wars and Rebel.

Nodnol

Luke was always meant to be a new sort of Jedi, so I think he's likely a bridge between the old Jedi and whatever follows him.

I've always liked the idea that Luke embraced his dark side, and that he almost embodies a balance in the Force.

I know the prophecy is largely bollocks, but the whole "balance" in the Force thing was always something that never made sense. Balance shouldn't mean an absence of darkness, I.E. Vader sacrificing himself to kill the Emporer, thus killing off the Sith.

With that in mind, I wonder if the new Force users going forward will adopt a more gray understanding of the Force. I know they did away with the old EU, but is there anything regarding the ancient Jedi and their origins left in the canon? I'm not too hot on what's considered Legends and what's canon.

The Jedi are as imbalanced as the Sith, so I'd find it interesting if Luke has learnt how to balance himself, and thus preach to Rey the importance of doing so. That could be juxtaposed with Kylo exploring only his dark side.

I think there might be some info from the comics.
Speaking of what is and what is not canon, do people here throw terms like fan fiction around like other terms?

Top Bottom