• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I am still an outsider. I don't know who does what. I assumed I'd just be corrected and thank the next person. Thanks, Freeza! (☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

It's that internet standard. The best way to get the right answer is to post the wrong one.

Vyer

Flintstones was so damn good, it's a shame it's done and over with. The last issue isn't even in the second trade either! Did it suddenly get cancelled or what.

Also............

....................does the gag ball go in the blow hole?

Russell planned for it to be 12 issues, but left the door open to come back to it sometime.

mreddie

I need a mod for the upcoming Future Fight OT and planning on retiring it and giving the duties to someone else.

Monstress is on break until Fall!? Noooooooooooooooooo! The story is really going places now.

I'm hoping for a Deluxe Hardcover at some point. What a beautiful book that would be.

tihYmwi.jpg
FINALLY

Now I don't feel judged.
Farewell Wasp banner.
Trash series anyways

I accidentally dropped it after #2 because I forgot it existed. I'm okay with never picking it back up. Avengers has got me covered.

Tizoc

Watching Wonder Woman tomorrow on Friday.

Yo Spike, how you feeling about how Wondy's characterization approach is more 'Warrior Woman'?

We made it! Half of the year is over!

Umm no it isn't. Half the year is over when July starts.

So I neglected to mention that, during my ban time, I read many a comic. Aside from the regular issues, I read Batwoman Vol. 1: Hydrology (which was pretty good and I like Batwoman having a more supernatural and horror bend to her mythos), Wolverine and the X-Men by Jason Aaron Vol. 1 (which was fun enough. Very happy to see Husk and it did have some strong humor, though while I love Bachalo's art, it seemed messier than usual, which made it harder to look at. The Uncanny X-Force storyline carryovers gave me added investment), Earth-2 Society Vol. 1: Planetfall (which was pretty good, and a really interesting look at what happens to heroes when they have no common enemy to fight. When they fight over whether or not to terraform a new home. The corruption of power is a huge one, given how many people lost themselves to the power they hold. Really great and I can't wait to read more), Forever Evil: Arkham War (real fun story about Bat villains ripping the shit out of each other and easily one of the best Bane stories out there), All-New Wolverine Vol. 1: The Four Sisters (basically backtracking and filling in the earlier stuff since I jumped on so late. Still good), Seven to Eternity Vol. 1: The God of Whispers (really like the setting and lore. The Mozak are cool, and I love how it's a journey where everyone hates each other and Xorn is the main baddie. Though mostly set-up, it's still pretty cool and Opeña is a master), I Hate Fairyland Vol. 1&2 (quite possibly one of my favorite books. Absolutely brilliant), and X-Men: Endangered Species (which is fantastic, particularly as a character study into Beast).

I also re-read Whedon's Astonishing (which never fails to be my favorite book ever) and am re-reading Simone's Secret Six (Pre-Flashpoint, which also does not cease to amaze).
Oh hey, welcome back man.
Getting banned is like being muted, which is upsetting because I like to talk a lot, and that talking is translated to typing.

Have DC said if all the Rebirth books will be getting Deluxe HCs at some point? I'd guess/hope so...yet atm some books that don't have 2 trades out (although at the rate DC release trades that's not saying much) have a Deluxe listed coming later this year, and some have a Deluxe listed and they haven't released a single trade yet : /

caliph95

Tizoc

Doesnt matter! 06/12! Prove me wrong with maths :p

A year consists of 365 or 366 days (2017 has 365 days).
Half of that is a little over 180 days.
By end of May this year a total of 151 Days had passed.
By the end of June 181 days would pass.

181 is closer to 50% than 151 (151/365= 41.3% to 1 decimal place), in the year 2017.
Therefore, Half the year has not yet passed.

It was an OK book but nothing too grand I'm sad to say.
Hope the team gets to work on further projects though.

Great new thread Messi and Freeza :)

Its funny reading last few pages how because of an event people arent on board with people seem to forget all the good series Marvel are still doing. They have lost a bit of direction and some big creators over the last few years but I would still rather read a lot of Marvel stuff than most of the DC rebirth series:

All New Wolverine
Black Panther (though I will say series two has started slow)
Daredevil
Gwenpool
Moon Knight
MS Marvel
Silver Surfer
Squirrel Girl
Thor
Ultimates

DC have made a big step up since rebirth and are well and truly back in the race, but how many series have they actually done in rebirth that have been amazing and have not split opinion at some point. I will give them major points for some of the stuff like young animal and flintstones though.

Batman - Well and truly love or hate
Wonder Woman - Was liked at first, but as went on had plenty of people here saying it was going nowhere fast
Titans - Brett Booth ha
Detective Comics - seems to be liked
Superman - seems to be liked
Justice League - Bryan Hitch on script, no thanks
JLA - Looked like it would be good coming out of JL vs SS but hasnt really taken off
Deathstroke - Wasnt really liked at first but seems to be liked now
Action Comics - Hit and miss
All Star Bats- Nowhere near new 52 series quality
Flash - Hit and miss
Both Batgirl series - Not really taken off
Supergirl - Not really taken off
Suicide Squad - Hit and miss
Green arrow- seems to be liked, personally though apart from the art thought it was pretty cliche and cheesy

DC are much improved but lets not pretend there killing it with everything, I think people are just willing to give them more of the benefit due to a more defined direction with the wathcmen stuff and lack of spamming big events.

Why does Jimmie R. need to do Bomb Queen?
Have you seen the sales for his other books

They're ah, not so good
For me they had started to slide a year ago. Most of the stuff I enjoy is stuff from 2-4 years ago. A golden period for Image imo. Since then they seem to be chasing all kinds of books with little to no return. For me at the very least little is sticking. They didn't have an image expo this year but instead had a presser and announced books none of which sound interesting to me at all. Its very telling that they cancelled the expo given the sound of these books.
They were busy moving lol

Cable #1: It's a Comic Book, Alright!
I guess edgy teens need something to read and enjoy ever since Millar is actually trying to move away and do less edgy stuff.
didn't even know he was going it again. Too bad actually since I've enjoyed his other stuff like Five Weapons. but that sold like shit and was cancelled early after being extended

They were busy moving lol

This is correct, pretty sure a lot of their last year was dedicated to moving etc so they skipped out on a full expo and thus bigger announcements. Didn't they end up holding back a new book from Remender at the ECCC thing? I don't know, I honestly think the Image talk is crazy, but I guess I read by trade and not monthly, I'm not really concerned by what they debuted in the last year. In my mind they put out a very high bar in quality and in quantity, whether they're a year old or a few years old. If all of those had ended and there was nothing else, sure, but they literally have red hot stuff published constantly. To each their own though of course.

I started hearing this in my head when I read your post. It was weird.

Hahaha. Shit. I really meant the focus on "I like typing too!" lol but now I'm rereading it and hearing "I'm so ronery".

caliph95

Cable #1: It's a Comic Book, Alright!

didn't even know he was going it again. Too bad actually since I've enjoyed his other stuff like Five Weapons. but that sold like shit and was cancelled early after being extended
Oh well

I read one issue and never anymore because i forgot about it i guess i'm part of the problem lol. Bomb Queen is pretty much a "lighthearted" book with the worst of Millar's edgy nonsense though i could see someone enjoy for it's schlock and it would be something teen me would read and hide it from people. young me was an idiot though
(still am)

Hahaha. Shit. I really meant the focus on "I like typing too!" lol but now I'm rereading it and hearing "I'm so ronery".

heh

This is correct, pretty sure a lot of their last year was dedicated to moving etc so they skipped out on a full expo and thus bigger announcements. Didn't they end up holding back a new book from Remender at the ECCC thing? I don't know, I honestly think the Image talk is crazy, but I guess I read by trade and not monthly, I'm not really concerned by what they debuted in the last year. In my mind they put out a very high bar in quality and in quantity, whether they're a year old or a few years old. If all of those had ended and there was nothing else, sure, but they literally have red hot stuff published constantly. To each their own though of course.

They do. Sometimes they publish bad stuff too... like any other publisher. publisher warz stuff is weird

Ha, it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the Rebirth books. They aligned with mine quite a bit.

Have had some trial and error there, but feel like I've got a nice little list of Rebirth books now that I'm excited about, even if it took an extra volume of a few! I Am Suicide man, I keep thinking about that. Such a good book, and I was just fine about vol 1, intrguing but mostly just like okay, not blown away.

They do. Sometimes they publish bad stuff too... like any other publisher. publisher warz stuff is weird

Right? I totally agree on that.

3937259.jpeg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

Also for uk peeps, forbidden planet (and big bang in ireland) are doing signed saga prints, also available in non signed and black & white for cheaper.

Messi

I am still an outsider. I don't know who does what. I assumed I'd just be corrected and thank the next person. Thanks, Freeza! (☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

Don't listen to her. I do everything except valiant.

Secret Empire 3

Wasn't too bad, still way more interested in the rebellion aspect than anything involving Hydra itself.

Secret Empire Rising

That being said.....this was just not interesting. You turn a rebellion into a damn stupid singing competition for half the issue? wtf?

Cable 1

This may be the fastest read I have read in a while. It was fun but what the hell happened?

Dr Strange

Ok, you put Ben and Jess in the first issue. You get points from me.

Injustice 2

I didn't think this character could have a redemption, but this feels like it's well on its way.

Top Bottom