• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2018 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| Man Blue vs Man Red for the KONAMI Cup

Now that YSVIII is out of the way, I'm now thinking about picking this up.

I'll try the demo later tonight to see how it goes. Didn't realize that there's a demo on Steam.

Only in Europe you mean?

edit: wow almost everyone is doing it here in south america too, i guess im always drinking my beer when that happens i guess, it's weird I haven't noticed it before .

Lol yeah, that should be the case. It's been the norm over the past year.

Ostinatto

I'm playing the demo on PS4 now on super star and the IA of my own team feels like Brazil in the WC 2014 agaisnt Germany, i'm alone on this one?

FCMaxi

Finally the OT! Nice work Lashley!

Hope tomorrow the OFs start to appear.

There is already one for people that can't wait.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=102533

It's for PS4 and i don't know if is good but at least have full Premiere League and La Liga kits.

This also works on the PC version if anyone wants to know. Copy the WEPES folder to your C:\Users\*Your Name*\Documents\KONAMI\PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018 and then do the data management setup in game. Here's a handy guide for those new to this.

GHG

Gold Member
Servers seem to be down in EU.

Damn it, I just wanted to see what my starter myclub team is and play a couple of games before getting on with some work.

Thanks for the OT Lashley 👍
Is the game worth it if I solely play Master League? Any nice touches or improvements to it? Been just playing ML since PSP days..

Same here, so I'd love to know as well. But I'm afraid they left us behind long ago.

I've played ML for a bit and tbh it's essentially the same, there's some presentation and menu improvements like you can now see your next upcoming game at all times but other than that..

Still great fun though.

Is there any other recent game that forces you to hunt in the folder for a separate exe to change resolution and full screen? The game has pretty intense graphical options in-game so it's extra bizarre

Jimrpg

Hope Lashley can update the OT with OF instructions as they arrive. If more people know how easy it is to get the full kits, maybe they'll give it a go.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I get Account Verification Failed on PC when trying to connect to server.

I bought the game on CDKeys. I'm in Norway, so probably EU servers. Is this related to servers being down or anything, or did I just do a huge mistake in buying from CDkeys? Never used them before, since they sounded "iffy", but economics forced me to look for cheaper options.

Hasney

I get Account Verification Failed on PC when trying to connect to server.

I bought the game on CDKeys. I'm in Norway, so probably EU servers. Is this related to servers being down or anything, or did I just do a huge mistake in buying from CDkeys? Never used them before, since they sounded "iffy", but economics forced me to look for cheaper options.

Nothing to do with CDKeys. It's just down.

Fluloco

So, I've tried a PS4 OF in my PC copy, and I can confirm that it works perfectly.

So any OF created will work with both versions.

EDIT
This also works on the PC version if anyone wants to know. Copy the WEPES folder to your C:Users*Your Name*DocumentsKONAMIPRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018 and then do the data management setup in game. Here's a handy guide for those new to this.
Whoops, some already beat me to it :D

zdenko1

Any info on PC port and overall performance? After FIFA being same every year and hearing great things about PES and with that great deal on cdkeys I'm really interested.

03sho

So, I've tried a PS4 OF in my PC copy, and I can confirm that it works perfectly.

So any OF created will work with both versions.

EDIT

Whoops, some already beat me to it :D
Hey dude,

Any chance you could link to the OF you have and how to copy it over to PS4?

UK copy if that makes a difference. Thank you

Lux R7

I must say that i played a single match on legend difficulty and it's pretty challenging.
Game is great, better than 2017, and runs amazingly on PC.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nothing to do with CDKeys. It's just down.

Thank you, that's good to hear.

No native Dual Shock 4 support in PC version, then? Steam configuration works as it emulates the Xbox inputs, so it's not much of an issue, but would be nice to have it working natively.

KdotIX

Just played 1 match of the demo and I was mighty impressed. Not touched PES since 2005 but compared to FIFA 17, this felt so fluid and natural, didn't feel held back and it wasn't constant end to end stuff. The first time I saw Mignolet dive I freaked out because that looked quite life-like.

it has denuvo

Steam Enhanced didn't give me a warning about that, and the Steam forums were quiet about it.

But it is online only?

Just asking to know. Don't have that much concerns about stuff like that for yearly sports games, and will probably go for the cdkeys price to not pay too much for it.

gelf

That's nice that the PS4 OF's work on PC too. I'm sure there will be more featured PC only mods too but all I ever want is the names fixing so a simple console option file is all I need. When I tried to get real names for past versions I could only find them linked to some huge mods that forced the download of extra game modifications I didn't want.

Hasney

Steam Enhanced didn't give me a warning about that, and the Steam forums were quiet about it.

But it is online only?

Just asking to know. Don't have that much concerns about stuff like that for yearly sports games, and will probably go for the cdkeys price to not pay too much for it.

Just tried taking Steam into offline mode and booting it but nothing.

How is it that Arsenal is one of their licensed teams yet they don't have the Emirates Stadium or even Arsene Wenger as their manager?

Much easier to add option files this year.

How is it that Arsenal is one of their licensed teams yet they don't have the Emirates Stadium or even Arsene Wenger as their manager?

Getting the full detailed stadiums in (on an exclusive basis at that) is way more costly for them on both a licensing and dev time basis.

The way these stadiums are are done/presented is definitely the future though.

PaulLFC

Will do a proper PS4 OF tutorial when I'm home tonight but off the top of my head here are the basics (could change):

What you need
A USB stick with at least 2GB space
An option file (e.g. PESUniverse, PESWorld, WEHK)
The day one Live Update

PS4
1. Download your option file of choice and unzip it.
2. On your USB stick create a folder called WEPES. Inside that folder copy all folders unzipped from the option file
4. Plug the USB into your PS4 and start PES
5. From the main menu go to Extras > Live Data Update and install the day one update (this is important, otherwise transfers won't be current).
5. Go to Edit mode > Data Management > Import teams
6. Select all teams that appear, leave all options as default and press Import. Go and make a cuppa and wait for about 10 minutes until the automatic import is done.
7. Now choose Data Management > Import Competitions. As with teams, select all competitions and Import.

Once those have imported, that should be it. Save your edit data and play a match to check everything looks right.

PC
You have two options, a PS4 option file, or (when they're out) a PC patch.

Using an OF
1. Follow the steps above but instead of copying your WEPES folder (with the OF files inside) to a USB stick, put the folder in your Documents > Konami > Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 folder
2. Once this is done start PES and follow the instructions above from step 5 onwards

Using a patch
1. Download and unzip your patch of choice, it will be an .exe file
2. Run the .exe, point it at your PES install location (probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pro Evolution Soccer 2018)
3. Let it install, start the game and that's it.

Xbox One
Unfortunately there are no complete option files for Xbox One, nor will there be. Blame Microsoft. Their policies disallow the import of data which the game requires to be able to load user-created option files.

Jimrpg

Thanks Paul

I hope it was easier than PES 2017 - because that was annoying scrolling through thousands of teams. Still nothing like having proper teams so it was worth the effort.

Thanks Paul

I hope it was easier than PES 2017 - because that was annoying scrolling through thousands of teams. Still nothing like having proper teams so it was worth the effort.

It is. Much easier. Literally just Select All and away you go. You can even import competition information this year which, if I'm remembering correctly, you couldn't do last year. You had to manually type in "Premier League" and "La Liga" and so on...

Rellik

Does this version handle the transfer process any better? I would get so many errors in 2017 and then have to manually scroll down to the file it errored on because of the amount of files it was trying to transfer.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The PC demo just didn't acknowledge my Wii U Pro Controller last night although I never had this issue with any game before. I gave up and went to sleep. I will try today after work again, but how the hell do you bring back that initial settings window?

If anyone is experiencing stuttering use RTSS to limit your frame rate, worked for me. Importing option files was easy as, took me all of 5 mins. Looks great and plays great, very pleased so far.

Hasney

The PC demo just didn't acknowledge my Wii U Pro Controller last night although I never had this issue with any game before. I gave up and went to sleep. I will try today after work again, but how the hell do you bring back that initial settings window?

Go into the folders and run the settings exe

im_dany

Launch day hype so I'm downloading the demo on my laptop. Hope it works atleast like on consoles, but it's pretty weak (i3-3217u, GT740m, 8GB RAM). Want to have option files and no way I'm getting a PS4 for a multiplat.

Top Bottom