• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Mulberry

My first...
Eqsf6gJl.jpg

U2NUMB

I'm not even old. But I feel like I have been aged out of that store.

I know what you mean... thats why I often go the Hot Topic in the Mall of America.. it is often so packed that nobody notices and if you look around there are FAR more "unhip" older people in there.

My first...
http://i.imgur.com/Eqsf6gJl.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

Congrats... the two lines that I collect 100% to are Gaming and Movies....

Found some interesting tips about basic DIY Funko "repair".
Link here
Seems like these questions have been asked a lot lately.
My POP has marks on it or the wrong paint in the wrong spot.
A Magic Eraser (the kind for household cleaning) or a q-tip with acetone based nail polish remover used gently on the spot work well. Be careful not to use too much though or you will remove all the paint!
My POP has a bent sword, arm, foot, etc. (also works for Legacy figures with stuck joints)
For something thin like a sword, run it under a hair dryer until the vinyl is flexible. Hold it straight until it cools. For something thicker like a foot or arm, boiling it in water will make the vinyl soft enough to bend and reshape. Careful, it can get mighty hot!
My POP is too top heavy and keeps falling over
Museum Putty is great for anchoring top heavy POPs

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
My best friend has gotten me Arya Stark, Cercei Lannister, and Penny from Walking Dead so far Kind of tempted to get myself some of the Frozen ones.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys! Thanks for continuing our Funko goodness here. To celebrate the |OT| and GAF awesomeness, Dancing Groot and Howard the Duck are up for preorder on Amazon!

Click below to preorder each. Looks like it's limit 2 each. Clever Amazon.

Literally went up seconds ago. Telling you guys first because you're so awesome. :)

Metalmarc

Just ordered another two Pop Vinyls, Jax from sons of Anarchy, and a Deadite from Army of Darkness

Message to Bronsonlee who started all of this GAF pop fun

"Funk-U"

Just kidding man

bigkrev

Hey guys! Thanks for continuing our Funko goodness here. To celebrate the |OT| and GAF awesomeness, Dancing Groot and Howard the Duck are up for preorder on Amazon!

Literally went up seconds ago. Telling you guys first because you're so awesome. :)

Groot ordered!

I went shopping around at Hot Topics in the area. Couldn't find any of the ones I was looking for, but I settled on this one:

I was also interested in the Xenomorph figure, but I'll hold off until
I actually watch one of the Alien movies

Zombine

Banned

Preordered! Thanks man.

Akim

Banned
I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy so I'm kind of oblivious to the hype around Groot. What's the mass appeal about?

I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy so I'm kind of oblivious to the hype around Groot. What's the mass appeal about?
You should rectify that mistake, it's on par with Captain America 2: Winter Soldier as the best MCU movies IMO, some say it's even better.

I even started thinking about buying the figures.

Quick

Banned
I feel like I'm about to go deep into the Funko Pop rabbit hole.

I started off last year with the complete Rocky set.

Rocky-Funko-Pop-Movies-01.jpg

I was looking for the GOTG set this weekend at Fan Expo, but every vendor was sold out of them.

However, I did pick this up:

Funko-Unmasked-Captain-America-POP-Vinyl-Figure-Exclusive-Toy-Matrix1-e1402719727757.jpg

I know next to nothing about these, but they were labeled Exclusive. I figured it looked nice, and it wasn't much more expensive than the regular version. But now the bigger issue is that I feel like I need the rest of the Winter Soldier set (WS, Nat, Fury, and maybe the regular masked Cap).

Is this the beginning of an addiction?

I also have my Rocky set unpacked. I think I might just keep the Unmasked Cap in the box. At least for now.

LycanXIII

Ordered both, thanks! Also, lol

8bf9a83e3178bb7cd1b4bda54c95f514.png

Ha! I'm from FigureGAF, and I know enablers when I see them.

Nah man I ain't bout that life
I totally am now

In other news, I was goofing about in Neshaminy Mall today. Barnes and Noble had a small amount of POPs (nothing Marvel, a lot of Batman, Snow White, etc), for 8.95. They're not bad if you just want singles.

Hot Topic was all buy 1 get 1 half off, but like others said, they price em at 12.50. They had a lot, though.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Fuck you Diggeh, I've bought Finn and Jake from the Adventure Time series. And I'm restraining myself from buying the BMO one.

Thank you Diggeh

Raphael

So many licences and they don't have one piece?!

I am thankful they are not widely available where I live, or I would have wasted too much on those.

So I was looking into finally starting my own collection and the first thing I searched for was The Beatles. Surprisingly, they actually do have a set! But it's for Yellow Submarine. Was hoping for black tuxes, Sgt. Pepper uniforms, Abbey Road outfits, but eh, I'm a fanboy so fuck it. But they don't have the actual yellow submarine anymore. It's been canceled apparently. So I just don't think I'm going with that set.

Then I saw there was a Simpsons set. Cool, but there's only 4. And guess who's missing? LIsa. Why in the fuck would you chose to have a Krusty figure but not LIsa? Some of the best episodes are centered around her. I don't get.
Also they look ugly.

Finally, I remembered seeing a bunch of figures based on slasher flicks at SDCC. Figured there would be one on the Universal Monsters. And there are...but they won't be out until late October. Fine, just a month. Can't wait to have the whole gang there on my desk!

...where's the Phantom of the Opera and the Invisible Man? Why is there an alien from This Island Earth, a movie practically nobody has seen or even heard of? Wait, amazon has a listing for "action figures." I wonder if...

Motherfucker.

Yeah the alien from This Isalnd Earth is a fucking weird choice over the Invisible Man. Like REALLY weird. That is some super niche audience right there.

But then, Universal is planning to make their own interconnected Avengers-like movie series with the classic monsters, so maybe the alien plays into that and that's the reason they picked him?

Leependi

Currently have Jon Snow, Man of Steel Superman from Lootcrate and both Walt and Jesse in their yellow meth cooking outfits with Dancing Groot and all the Lion King ones on pre-order.

I prefer to keep them in the box even though I'll run out of space very quickly. I've found the paint jobs aren't really that great but the issues are much harder to notice if they live in the box.

For anyone else in the UK looking for where to get these, I've found staractionfigures to be very good, also the cheapest place I've seen them.

Replicant

BEHOLD! Dark Castiel. Yes, he has Black Wings. Normally he doesn't have one. There's also one with White Wings but who wants to be goodie-two-shoes?:

3zbnxRp.png
z0Rk2Ad.png

You can't really see it in the picture but the Wings are actually nice translucent black. Also, he may look cute but don't underestimate him. He can do this to you:

ibfGvTBZYJEl9z.gif

Santiako

Yeah the alien from This Isalnd Earth is a fucking weird choice over the Invisible Man. Like REALLY weird. That is some super niche audience right there.

But then, Universal is planning to make their own interconnected Avengers-like movie series with the classic monsters, so maybe the alien plays into that and that's the reason they picked him?

Just leave an empty space on the shelf between Dracula and the werewolf and pretend the Invisible Man is there.

jred2k

I just found out last night that my local bookstore actually carries these. I don't need to worry about shipping costs any more!

Oh boy.

I think I'm going to stop at Hot Topic today and see what they have. This is going to be really fucking awkward.

The things I do for toys. :p

Top Bottom