• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Sapiens

I fell asleep on this episode.

Jesus Z Christ, yes. When this show is good, it's really fun to watch. But when it's bad, it's really bad. The worst TV on my weekly schedule. The absolute WORST.

Here we have yet another episode where terrible lines are being read by actors with dubious abilities. I can't tell if these actors are shit or if they're just bored out of their minds. Rosita is such a smokeshow, but I have no faith in her ability to emote anything other than whatever that sneer she does is trying to convey.

The only thing this stinker of an episode was missing was a shitty song over a montage. Did that happen? Because I literally did fall asleep in the middle somewhere.

You have this wonderful playground to create good characters and stories, but you waste it on shit like this? This show really fucking limits itself. It is the worst zombie thing ever. I need to watch Return of the Living Dead again...

Cmagus

Isn't Negan standing behind Rosita in that last shot? And in the distance is Dwight....

Not sure but the way I see it there is two scenarios going down. ONE is Rosita is gonna be captured and Negan is gonna tell Eugene to kill her to show loyalty or something like that. I get the feeling Eugene is gonna die as well putting an end to the whole Abraham arc because right now the show has too many characters.

I mean Negan knows Eugene is full of shit and is clearly using him for something else since they took the Hilltop doctor.That or Dwight does turn on Negan and Eugene becomes the new Dwight. Dwight is too much of a wildcard at tgis point he can go either way.

Jyst my opinion though lol Im probably wrong.

I'm just about done watching this show every Sunday.

Sitting through 30 minutes of commericals every Sunday for this just isn't worth it anymore... Maybe I'll just binge it when it comes out on Netflix.

I'm too far in to walk away at this point, but I'm getting tired of the format the show follows now, I.e. everything that matters happens in the premiere and the finale. That's kinda all you have to watch.

I record it then start watching it 30 min after the begining of the episode. That way, I skip all lthe commercials and finish watching roughly at the same time it ends... My 2 cents.

on the show itself, yeah, it's gotten prety boring and if I wasn't so "invested" in it, I would've dropped it too.

I was kinda hoping this episode would keep up the momentum of last week's, but looks like that didn't happen from the reactions in here. I had to miss it, but sounds like I didn't miss much if anything.

Next season, I'm probably going to watch only season premiers and finales.

Surfinn

Very surprised at the hate. Am I the only one who enjoyed this (in the context of how bad the past two seasons have been)? Even if stuff didn't make a whole lot of sense (didn't make much sense last week either), it's hard to argue that it was filler.

Lothar

Banned
huh? I don't think anyone has criticized the show as much as he has over the course of all the seasons. He definitely holds a very consistent and specific opinion. I can pretty guess his ratings before watching every episode. And that's a good thing.

You can guess them because they'll always be a B regardless of quality. He gave this episode a B. This was one of the worst episodes I've seen on any show. What would the show have to do to get a F?

SDCowboy

Also is Carl like not on the show anymore or something? There is no storyline that involves him anymore, he doesn't go on missions with his people, and even when the show is in Alexandria, he either isn't around or is just in the background.

dustyherb

Also is Carl like not on the show anymore or something? There is no storyline that involves him anymore, he doesn't go on missions with his people, and even when the show is in Alexandria, he either isn't around or is just in the background.
He just hasn't been seen since episode 9 is all. Hopefully he gets some decent screen time these last two episodes.

SDCowboy

He just hasn't been seen since episode 9 is all. Hopefully he gets some decent screen time these last two episodes.

But I mean, even with episode 9, he's gone from being one of the established main characters, to not even a background character. At most, he'll occasionally be an out of focus cast member in the background now, but usually not even that. That doesn't seem a bit odd to you?

But I mean, even with episode 9, he's gone from being one of the established main characters, to not even a background character. At most, he'll occasionally be an out of focus cast member in the background now, but usually not even that. That doesn't seem a bit odd to you?
Probably in school or something

dustyherb

Chandler has to balance school along with filming. Maybe he was busy during the filming of the back half of this season.

I guess he was patched out.....

EYE

PATCH

Will next season be an entire 1/2 season of

Comic Spoilers

War
? or do you think we will jump right into
the time skip
I have a hard time believing that they can wrap up the Negan Saga in 2 episodes.

I don't mind the slow burn in this series. The comic is the same way. I love the character interactions and world building. I'am sure ratings will pick up for the next arc. I guess this arc didn't translate well to TV for some people.

Sapiens

Probably just dividing his time between work and school. If he isn't in college yet, he will be this year.

Comic Spoilers

War
the time skip
I have a hard time believing that they can wrap up the Negan Saga in 2 episodes.

I'm thinking: (COMIC SPOILERS)

This season's finale will be the kick-off of the "All Out War" arc, and, at a minimum, it will play out through the first half of S8, with the time jump in the middle. Wouldn't be shocked to see them drag it out through all of S8 and put the time jump between 8 and 9, though, knowing AMC.

This show is now on Heroes level for me. The show I hate watch because I'm already in too deep.

They really need to trim the episodes down to 10 a season and tell tighter stories.

This show is now on Heroes level for me. The show I hate watch because I'm already in too deep.

They really need to trim the episodes down to 10 a season and tell tighter stories.

I might even say 8 and cut out the mid-season break nonsense. All that does is encourage dragging out story lines. I'm totally fine with the character development episodes, but they are barely doing those anymore. Every episode just seems designed to delay all the interesting stuff to the finale.

dustyherb

Comic Spoilers

War
the time skip

I don't mind the slow burn in this series. The comic is the same way. I love the character interactions and world building. I'am sure ratings will pick up for the next arc. I guess this arc didn't translate well to TV for some people.
Comic spoilers
I think AOW is going to take up either half of season 8 or all out it. I'm leaning more towards all of it because having a huge time skip in the middle of a season seems weird to me

Ya I'm the same way. I'm used to it at this point cause of the comic. Honestly it's not like these two arcs the show has been adapting were all the exciting in the comic either. A lot of it was just as slow as the show and we had to wait month to month for that shit. At least with the show we're only waiting a week between episodes.

Nothing else i can add that hasn't been said already. This show would be more tolerable if could just binge watch the entire season but waiting months for netflix without being spoiled is impossible.

what the fuck, that episode sucked

the music in the cold opening does not sound like it is for an apocalyptic show at all. Maggie also doesn't look pregnant.

There's a whole lot of talking the episode which I guess is fine but nothing really important happens until the literally the last 5 minutes and we don't even get a concluding note on it, another cliffhanger which makes this episode feel like another slow, long filler episode

edit: also...bitch ass Eugene. So much for him putting on act.

border

Was it me or did the conversation between Sasha and Rosita by the sniper window seem to just drag on forever? Rosita just kept talking and talking......I kinda just tuned it out after a while. I may have missed some important information or something.

dustyherb

what the fuck, that episode sucked

the music in the cold opening does not sound like it is for an apocalyptic show at all. Maggie also doesn't look pregnant.

There's a whole lot of talking the episode which I guess is fine but nothing really important happens until the literally the last 5 minutes and we don't even get a concluding note on it, another cliffhanger which makes this episode feel like another slow, long filler episode

edit: also...bitch ass Eugene. So much for him putting on act.
Maggie is not as far along as you would think. Hardly anytime has passed this season and there was only like a couple months that passed between S6 episode 9 and 10. So she's probably only been pregnant like 2 maybe 3 months at this point.

Maggie is not as far along as you would think. Hardly anytime has passed this season and there was only like a couple months that passed between S6 episode 9 and 10. So she's probably only been pregnant like 2 maybe 3 months at this point.

she's been getting herself checked out often as if more time has come along. 2-3 months or not, she doesn't look pregnant at all.

Lorcain

One of my main takeaways from this episode is that Eugene was not pretending to like his new place and role, as many of us thought. I was hoping he was working a long con, and he would be key further down the road to toppling Negan. But what we saw in this episode actually makes more sense for what we know of his character. He's a coward with a strong survival instinct.

Eugene attached himself to Abraham in order to survive. He's doing the same with Negan. It's disappointing, but maybe he will have another chance to tip the scales in some way later.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
she's been getting herself checked out often as if more time has come along. 2-3 months or not, she doesn't look pregnant at all.

Well once you know, you would just monitor it regularly to watch for complications. You don't ignore checkups until 8 months along or something. And she's still early, she'd barely have a bump at this point, especially given how skinny she is to begin with.

One of my main takeaways from this episode is that Eugene was not pretending to like his new place and role, as many of us thought. I was hoping he was working a long con, and he would be key further down the road to toppling Negan. But what we saw in this episode actually makes more sense for what we know of his character. He's a coward with a strong survival instinct.

Eugene attached himself to Abraham in order to survive. He's doing the same with Negan. It's disappointing, but maybe he will have another chance to tip the scales in some way later.
I fucking called it!
Well once you know, you would just monitor it regularly to watch for complications. You don't ignore checkups until 8 months along or something. And she's still early, she'd barely have a bump at this point, especially given how skinny she is to begin with.
meh. I guess you're right.

dustyherb

Because she was having problems remember? I don't know enough about pregnancy to know what she should be looking like at 2-3 months. But kinda too soon for a baby bump I believe.

Still watching but this show is so frustrating at times. The desperate suicide mission makes no sense when everyone is planning to fight the saviours anyway.

Top Bottom