• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

vg260

Uneven. Bizarre.

At least they're actually telling people who they are though, as they should if they're selling them. Do that with SFV from now on.

Now that Venom's out of the way, get working on Green Goblin.

We are hard at work on these characters and can't wait to show them to you when they are ready!

"They aren't on-disc DLC, and they wouldn't have been ready, we swear!"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Clearly they mean Black Widow from Slammasters II: Ring of Destruction.

See, parity maintained. Everything's fine.

Edit: ^^ See, this guy gets it.

First of all, thats an amazing pull.

Second, that would be the biggest troll move in the history of videogames, can you fucking imagine?

Also, a company is announcing all the DLC in a season pass before the game is officially released... thats kinda noteworthy I think?

brian!

I’m aware, I’m referring to the initial conceptualization of the Monster Hunter.

Oh yeah, wouldnt be surprised but at the same time i cant imagine this being a primary concern of theirs what with how the base roster looks and all.

If she looks like ScarJo AoU Widow then fine by me.

But what the fuck is that parity? Why are there four Marvel characters?

This entire game has been unpredictable from day one, for both better and worse.

Edit: Also lol that the official mode listing still makes no mention of online training.

kurahador

IGN gave this game 7.7/10, praising the gameplay while criticizing the story and character design --- calling it the worst ever lol.

Durden77

Awesome that they also confirmed this year. They should all be out by the end of the year. Sweet.

Yeah, really weird that Capcom only get 2 characters, but the list is solid.

JayEH

『Inaba Resident』;249214868 said:
And thats exactly why the OT was a dumb choice

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess it's appropriate the thread title is fucked up for this game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would make a review thread but im too lazy to keep it updated

What an unceremonious announcement. Capcom USA PR needs a shake-up because those folks are bungling every announcement.

Nah, not really. This is more as an informal way of telling people what they are getting in the SP BEFORE the game drops so they can make a call on what they wanna buy. Then they can drop trailers as the weeks go by to keep hype up. Dumping all of the trailers/pics/whatever now leaves people to believe that the characters are already done and is shit marketing.

Still, they could have done outlines like IJ2 and SFV did, but at least we KNOW who they are compared to SFV's weirdly blank DLC stuff.

Platy

We all just got fucking duped hard.

Monster Hunter, Sigma

Black Widow, Venom, Winter Soldier, Black Panther

There's gender parity BUT NO FACTION PARITY
ALL BETS ARE OFF

gender parity ?

Black Widow and Monster Hunter are women
Winter Soldier and Black panther are men
and you are considering Venon and Sigma as other ?

Chase17

IGN gave this game 7.7/10, praising the gameplay while criticizing the story and character design --- calling it the worst ever lol.

While Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite’s tag-team fights are like a bolt of lightning from Mjolnir, its story is dreadful and its characters look like they were deliberately designed to spawn a million derpy memes. It manages to be easily one of the worst and also one of the best fighting games in recent memory all at once.
lol

I'm okay with them disrupting roster balance to add in more female characters. Not gonna buy for a week or two though to wait and see how the online works out and because I don't want to add to their week 1 numbers for this half baked launch and horrible roster/art style.

No Nick tho despite him being the star of one of Capcoms only consistent franchises nowadays 🙄

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I’m ready to hop back in. I haven’t really been into any fighting games since early days of mvc3 and sf4. Mvci pulling me back in though.

I hope the net code is ok....

Rhaknar

what would be a bigger troll move?

Slammasters Black Widow, or Gunrock with a install super that turned him into a big orange rock man...

:3

brian!

I choose to interpret 7-8.5 scores for this game as "yo this game is fire but due to our outdated as hell rubric of thinking about games we have to give it this score".

Lol Polygon reviews.

But srsly, game is reviewing about evenly with SFV. Not as good as I thought but certainly not a trainwreck.
Question is if sales will be even worse because people know better, or better because of Marvel.

I choose to interpret 7-8.5 scores for this game as "yo this game is fire but due to our outdated as hell rubric of thinking about games we have to give it this score".
Or "it technically plays well but it's horribly underwhelming".

4 Marvel 2 Capcom seems odd.

Black Widow doesn't excite me at all seeing as she'd probably play pretty similarly to existing characters.

I really hope they go deep enough into the DLC to include interesting, non-MCU, oddball characters.

Green Goblin, Sandman, Mysterio, Kamala Khan, Squirrel Girl etc could all have really fun, diverse playstyles instead of yet more rushdown/gun characters.

The story mode sounds so dumb and right up my alley, can't wait.

Every fighting game story is fucking dumb. GG was dumb as shit and got TOO anime for my tastes (with a bunch of weird retcons, Slayer able to get dunked on by Bedman? Nah fuck outta here.). INJ2 was probably the best, but the pacing was awful, Supergirl was insufferable, character fights feel like they happen just because (and half the cast is just written off and doesn't do all that much), and both Batman and Superman are insufferable. Tekken was bombastic but only the ending was good - everything else was a forced trainwreck. SFV was a saturday morning cartoon - all fluff and not much substance, taking the good and bad of that.

Fighting game story modes should just focus on providing as much fanservice as possible and dump the pretense that they'll be some heavy handed Bioshock shit. That'll be better for everyone involved.

Top Bottom