• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

see5harp

Yea copped the red sonic the hedgehog variant. If I cop the triple black I will sell to a friend or straight up resell because they don't even look nice to me. The uncaged looks aight.

soultron

Banned
motherF the inikis went live on adidas CA and i missed them... fuck me... i guess i'll see if any go live on solestop at 8EST then

i guess i should be happy i'm saving money but i'm definitely out of step with everyone in here, as like the only Canadian in the room

BumRush

All 2999 TB UBs sold out in less than 10 seconds according to YeezyMafia lol. #Botpocalypse

The bot aspect bothers the shit out of me, but more importantly, why would Adidas make 3K triple black UBs. They could have sold through 10K in a minute as well, why limit a pretty standard (non-collab, etc) shoe that much...?

acohrs

The bot aspect bothers the shit out of me, but more importantly, why would Adidas make 3K triple black UBs. They could have sold through 10K in a minute as well, why limit a pretty standard (non-collab, etc) shoe that much...?

Because hype dosh is worth more than real dosh don't you know. Any central bank will trade you 2 real dosh for 1 hype dosh

see5harp

Yeezy Mafia is like the worst kinda internet famous. Those fucks actually make money without actually putting up any of their own. Hell, at least the resellers have to buy theirs. Yeezy Mafia actually make hoodies that their dick riding fanbase actually cop. They legit sell carts. They are straight up the usurers from dante's inferno only for shoes.

soultron

Banned
Yeezy Mafia is like the worst kinda internet famous. Those fucks actually make money without actually putting up any of their own. Hell, at least the resellers have to buy theirs. Yeezy Mafia actually make hoodies that their dick riding fanbase actually cop. They legit sell carts. They are straight up the usurers from dante's inferno only for shoes.

"what's that hoodie from?"

"a twitter account that resells limited release sneakers"

"... oh"

Holy shit these are comfortable. So more gutting I missed the Zebs. Also didn't get custom charges or UPS fees.
I'd stay alert on those duty fees if I were you, possible that UPS could send you a letter soon asking for them. Unless the cost was marked down on the package or you paid them during checkout.

shira

I need some crazier boost color/combinations. Not Jeremy Scott crazy, but a little more appealing to the eye.

"what's that hoodie from?"

"a twitter account that resells limited release sneakers"

"... oh"
They aren't even good looking hoodies either. I follow them because they tend to have insider info on drops way before anyone else, but their business of resells and botting for carts is embarrassing.

see5harp

They aren't even good looking hoodies either. I follow them because they tend to have insider info on drops way before anyone else, but their business of resells and botting for carts is embarrassing.

No doubt. I follow them and SOMETIMES they have good info but a lot of the time I feel like they are only good for letting me know when shit goes on sale. I have no issue with them existing and having a following but selling the ability to maybe pay for sneakers is just foul.

shira

Ck7oT33WUAALJME.jpg

instacopped

I'd stay alert on those duty fees if I were you, possible that UPS could send you a letter soon asking for them. Unless the cost was marked down on the package or you paid them during checkout.

Yeah, it's not practical to be asking for like $100+ at your door or place of business. Now they just send you the bill after the fact.

Nintendo Strategy

Constrain supply to artificially increase demand.

Fjordson

I'm guessing it's to keep the status of the brand. Don't want to make everything too available and kill the appeal of boost.

I don't really agree with that, but I'm not a fashion guy so what do I know. I've had this same annoyance with streetwear brands for years and years.

3K could be a lot in their eyes lol. Adidas isn't above loading just 50 pairs of a shoe onto their site for a "release"...

BumRush

I'm guessing it's to keep the status of the brand. Don't want to make everything too available and kill the appeal of boost.

I don't really agree with that, but I'm not a fashion guy so what do I know. I've had this same annoyance with streetwear brands for years and years.

3K could be a lot in their eyes lol. Adidas isn't above loading just 50 pairs of a shoe onto their site for a "release"...

You're right and I am not a fashion guy either so I guess I just "don't get it" either. UBs, Yeezys, NMDs are the biggest things X Jordan right now so I guess they're doing something right.

Fjordson

You're right and I am not a fashion guy either so I guess I just "don't get it" either. UBs, Yeezys, NMDs are the biggest things X Jordan right now so I guess they're doing something right.
It's interesting with Yeezys. Their stock numbers are much higher than some of these other releases, yet they're still tough to get and sell out instantly (and turn a big profit with reselling). Shows how high the hype is for them.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

I'll keep an eye out. Had seen others report from 2016 on Belugas that they never got charged for YS delivers in the UK. Box was pretty basic didn't even have a value just Description: Footwear.

Reckoner

The new UB 4.0 are even worse than the 3.0

I don't know what's going on at Adidas. Is it hard to bring back the 1.0 design with just a few adjustments and the continental sole?

Are those Be True Flyknit Racer black or blue? I love the colorful swosh.

BumRush

I don't know what's going on at Adidas. Is it hard to bring back the 1.0 design with just a few adjustments and the continental sole?

I prefer the 1.0 design as well but the 4.0 is still pretty dope

Fjordson

3.0 is pretty dope imo. A few of them like the zebras or Chinese new years are among my favourite UB's ever.

4.0 does look weird, but I'll have to see more pics / colorways. I remember thinking the 3.0 knit looked weird at first in pictures.

The thing with the UB 3.0s' knit is that it's more versatile but I too prefer the 1.0/2.0 knit (I'm a bit more fond of the gradient of the 2.0s tbh). I hate how the 3.0s are looser in the knit (I like my knit snug) and the 4.0s do absolutely nothing for me - even after seeing them in more color ways. The fact that the translucent cages seem to be back disappoints me greatly.

The Be True Racers are look to be black/white with the rainbow swoosh it seems. Definitely love the look of them.

see5harp

3.0 is pretty dope imo. A few of them like the zebras or Chinese new years are among my favourite UB's ever.

4.0 does look weird, but I'll have to see more pics / colorways. I remember thinking the 3.0 knit looked weird at first in pictures.

Ditto on the zebra/oreos and the CNY. By far my favorite UB colorways and I don't got either :(

The 3.0 knit is nicer and feels smoother compared to 1.0/2.0 as it has no visible "vent holes" in the knit so it looks like a single piece imo.

Honestly all these shoes are so damn comfy compared to my regular work shoes/boots that it's splitting hairs at this point.

Top Bottom