• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone recommend a personal trainer and/or gym membership? How expensive can this be?
I’m of two minds of this. It’s easier to work out and have a plan by having someone else there do it with you.

On the flip side, it is pretty costly in my opinion and it really depends on what your goals are. If it’s general weight loss, any exercise, so long as you do it there is good. A trainer will help you reach a particular goal though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
cptj7mh.jpg

Poor Luke.

mr.rager

Hello my fellow Torontonians!

I'm back after a year of absence and need some help. Looking to get a phone plan but don't know which company top sign up with. I was looking at freedom mobile but I hear their signal is still shit. I honestly don't care about unlimited texts or calling as I just want data. Any recommendations?

Also anyone know where I can get Persona 5 on the low low, not down to pay 80 bucks for the game lol

I'm back after a year of absence and need some help. Looking to get a phone plan but don't know which company top sign up with. I was looking at freedom mobile but I hear their signal is still shit. I honestly don't care about unlimited texts or calling as I just want data. Any recommendations?

Also anyone know where I can get Persona 5 on the low low, not down to pay 80 bucks for the game lol

You should go back in time 2 days and sign up for Public Mobile 4GB/45 dollars, I think the promo is done now

I've got 5GB/50 dollars with Fido but I doubt you could get that

Kraftwerk

I am with CHATR. They got completely revamped recently by Rogers or whoever owns them. I pay $50 for unlimited call and text and 6gb of Data. The data isnt super LTE fast, but honestly i can watch videos whenever i have wanted and stream music, social media etc etc. So far I have yet to experience signal loss or drops, which I had a lot of with Wind/ Freedom mobile. Honestly very happy so far.

mr.rager

Welcome back, at least.

Thanks Kat!

I am with CHATR. They got completely revamped recently by Rogers or whoever owns them. I pay $50 for unlimited call and text and 6gb of Data. The data isnt super LTE fast, but honestly i can watch videos whenever i have wanted and stream music, social media etc etc. So far I have yet to experience signal loss or drops, which I had a lot of with Wind/ Freedom mobile. Honestly very happy so far.

Thanks for the recommendation! Will go check it out tomorrow!

How was Japan? Has it really been a year now?

Amazing! Looking into moving there for good. Yup, I left September of last year :)

krae_man

FYI Freedom has LTE now and a 6gb plan for $40/month.

You'll need a new phone though. Preferably one from Freedom since phones with band 66 not bought from freedom have had issues connecting to LTE.

Data is much better now that Freedom has LTE.

Kraftwerk

well, the day is almost over.....

Dear #teamwarm,

you showed up randomly through the past few months, just like a deadbeat dad. It rained alot, and washed away the heat, a mother to a child with a deadbeat father..constantly in tears.

But now, that child doesn't have to fear no more and be alone.

#Teamwinter is here.

We aren't that frigid uncomfortable cold, oh no. We are that warm blanket, that fireplace, that hot chocolate, that merino wool toque. Bringing comfort to that child.

Farewell #teamwarm. Hope to never see you again.

yyzjohn

Banned
well, the day is almost over.....

Dear #teamwarm,

you showed up randomly through the past few months, just like a deadbeat dad. It rained alot, and washed away the heat, a mother to a child with a deadbeat father..constantly in tears.

But now, that child doesn't have to fear no more and be alone.

#Teamwinter is here.

We aren't that frigid uncomfortable cold, oh no. We are that warm blanket, that fireplace, that hot chocolate, that merino wool toque. Bringing comfort to that child.

Farewell #teamwarm. Hope to never see you again.

But it's hitting 30 degrees the next few days bro

I pay $10 a month and get unlimited incoming texts and calls, 100 anytime minutes, unlimited LTE data for social networking apps (whatsapp, facebook, snapchat, instagram, twitter) and 2GB of LTE data for everything else. I am with Claro.

Gotta move 9000km away to get it though.

Canadian telecom can suck my balls forever. And how has it has gotten worse and not better? When did $100 plans become normal? I usually am the one who negotiates the retention plans for my family with Rogers and even that has gotten more difficult and I find them to be a lot more stingy.

Anyone recommend a personal trainer and/or gym membership? How expensive can this be?

The costs can add up depending on what you want. If it's just weight loss you could get away with doing some consistent cardio and managing your diet. That's honestly all it takes for most people

If you wanna 'bulk' or get more lean then it might be worth it to get a membership. Personally I go to Goodlife at least 4-5 times a week

Can anyone help me out.

What is the cheapest way to get to Buffalo airport? I can save $150 flying out of there but with crossing the border and the process of getting there I am wondering if it is worth flying out of there to save $150. I have flown out before and it was hassle free. Didn't even have to take my shoes off or any of the grand theater they make you do elsewhere in the states. This was 4 years ago though, maybe it has changed since.

yyzjohn

Banned
Can anyone help me out.

What is the cheapest way to get to Buffalo airport? I can save $150 flying out of there but with crossing the border and the process of getting there I am wondering if it is worth flying out of there to save $150. I have flown out before and it was hassle free. Didn't even have to take my shoes off or any of the grand theater they make you do elsewhere in the states. This was 4 years ago though, maybe it has changed since.

You can take a bus for like $16

Hey guys, I'm brazilian and I'm going to Toronto for the first time this December to study for 2 years. Very excited to get to know the city, get acquainted with local culture and hopefully meet fellow gaffers! Thread subscribed ^_^

PS: any advice at all to survive the Toronto winter would be much appreciated...

mr.rager

FYI Freedom has LTE now and a 6gb plan for $40/month.

You'll need a new phone though. Preferably one from Freedom since phones with band 66 not bought from freedom have had issues connecting to LTE.

Data is much better now that Freedom has LTE.

I was with my friends this weekend and they all complained about how horrible the signal was. Went with chatr as recommended by kraft.

I pay $10 a month and get unlimited incoming texts and calls, 100 anytime minutes, unlimited LTE data for social networking apps (whatsapp, facebook, snapchat, instagram, twitter) and 2GB of LTE data for everything else. I am with Claro.

Gotta move 9000km away to get it though.

Canadian telecom can suck my balls forever. And how has it has gotten worse and not better? When did $100 plans become normal? I usually am the one who negotiates the retention plans for my family with Rogers and even that has gotten more difficult and I find them to be a lot more stingy.

I was paying 30 dollars a month in Japan, 7GB LTE and basically reception everywhere. It was glorious. I wish we have shit like that here.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey guys, I'm brazilian and I'm going to Toronto for the first time this December to study for 2 years. Very excited to get to know the city, get acquainted with local culture and hopefully meet fellow gaffers! Thread subscribed ^_^

PS: any advice at all to survive the Toronto winter would be much appreciated...

To fit in, be fashionable and survive the winter get one of these: http://www.canadagoose.com/ca/en/ma...MB.html?cgid=shop-mens#cgid=shop-mens&start=1 (mostly kidding, those things are expensive as fuck)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Dress like this:
Eskimo-Child.jpg

chilling at the library... literally

blessed air conditioning
Well at least you used the library for something.
This heat 🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮
Heat is love. Heat is life.
Two more days, folks.
Til...hockey season?

dluu13

Had a Pablo cheese tart...s'alright. All these cheese tarts/cakes are hard to differentiate for me.

maaannn screw cheese tarts just go to T&T and get some portuguese egg tarts

Welcome! Get a decent pair of gloves, layer up, and use two scarves so you can cover both your neck and face and you'll be alright.

Anywhere from 5-18 degrees is t-shirt and flannel pants/gelato weather.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Welcome! It'll be plenty cold in December, most likely. Do you know where you'll be living? Your commute on transit will impact a lot of what winter means to you. Either way, bundle up, invest in a couple nice scarves, toques, a good pair of boots for the snow and salt and a comfortable jacket.

Quick

Banned

Hit up Uniqlo and buy their heat tech stuff. It's rill gud.

Their heat tech long johns are great and don't feel so bulky. If you stick with one heat tech item from their collection, get this.

Welcome! It'll be plenty cold in December, most likely. Do you know where you'll be living? Your commute on transit will impact a lot of what winter means to you. Either way, bundle up, invest in a couple nice scarves, toques, a good pair of boots for the snow and salt and a comfortable jacket.
Well I intend to live on campus for at least the 1st semester (Humber College's North Campus, which is in Smithfield). But they won't let me in until January, so I'm trying to find something temporary near Kipling station to stay through December.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Welcome!

Layers, warm gloves and a hat would be a start.

jokkir

It should seriously be illegal for TTC to allow subway stations to get so hot

You should go to New York. Less ventilation and it smells like piss all over lol

Anyway

Where can I get gloves that can be used for touchscreens and is warm at the same time? Might as well think of winter in this heat.

Top Bottom