• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Days (Gorillaz) vinyl is finally being repressed after 12 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

Banned
got an email the other day saying us on the waiting list should be ready to get some news soon, is the news that we arent getting a copy? lol

Enthus

Thanks, Apple is swapped for Pinkerton, but if the next one isn't for me either, it's Paranoid for sure!

Where are you getting the option to swap for Pinkerton? I checked the day Apple was announced and I didn't see it as an option.

Just got another mail on the matter :

May2017_FionaApple_v1_GWL_v2_2.jpg

May2017_FionaApple_v1_GWL_v3_v1.jpg

I don't know if the waiting list is still up, sorry!

I'm still not entirely clear what this means in my case.

If I sign up for a sub today, can I get on the waiting list? Or did that ship sail?

I'm still not entirely clear what this means in my case.

If I sign up for a sub today, can I get on the waiting list? Or did that ship sail?

Seems like you will not be on a waiting list, but you can have a chance to snatch one of the few copy they will sell to their suscribers (the member store). There's still a chance for everybody.

Beartruck

Anyone else having quality issues with their record? The thing is skipping off the charts on the song "DARE" on side D. It looks like there is a thin white line in the groove where it skips. The LP also has thin white shavings coming off the side. Is it just dirty with those paper shavings everyone was talking about?

deleted

Where are you getting the option to swap for Pinkerton? I checked the day Apple was announced and I didn't see it as an option.

I did the same, when Apple was announced I just changed for Pinkerton... Maybe they don't have much stock left on that album?

mhanna49

Neo Member
Anyone else having quality issues with their record? The thing is skipping off the charts on the song "DARE" on side D. It looks like there is a thin white line in the groove where it skips. The LP also has thin white shavings coming off the side. Is it just dirty with those paper shavings everyone was talking about?

If you don't have one already, you may want to buy a carbon fiber record brush to get the paper shavings off.

Like this one.

Seems like you will not be on a waiting list, but you can have a chance to snatch one of the few copy they will sell to their suscribers (the member store). There's still a chance for everybody.

ah okay. I was reading "Tidal" and thought they were referring to the music streaming service. I'll keep an eye out, then. thanks.

Well after cleaning both my turntable and the record itself, I can confirm I have a bad pressing... Emailed VMP to see about a replacement, but who knows considering it's so popular. Kinda gutted about it.

Ewo

Finally got to play this record, and I'm also getting major, major skipping issues on the second LP. Bought a cleaning brush for it and it did absolutely nothing. This was my first record and I've decided I'm sticking to CDs, ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom