• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cidd

They've used it from time to time. GT1's intro had a small amount of CG. The section with the Ford GT in GT4's intro was CG. And GT Concept 2002 used CG for the intro. But they use it rarely, and I don't think they've used it at all during the current-gen.

Now that you mention it you're right, How could I forget that.

Polyphony

Holy shit, yes!

I love how the photo says announcements in plural.

And while everybody's debating about Silverstone, has anybody figured out what the white car is in this scene?

i87Ml2Bze68pD.png

So fucking hyped for this. Hoping for a Vita version, as unlikely as it is.

If they do that I will need my Vita on constant charge! I think PD will release one eventually, they did with the PSP and this is a lot more powerful in terms of relation to the PS3. Here's hoping they can get something up and running on it, it will be glorious!

Mush

Is there some press asset package floating around with the 15th Anniversary logo? I can't seem to get a decent capture of it.

-BLITZ-

Is there some press asset package floating around with the 15th Anniversary logo? I can't seem to get a decent capture of it.

Don't know for sure about that. The Logo of 15th is on page one over the top poster but is just grey together with the font, not like the prime blue-red logo. It could be this one or something else new.

Mario007

If they do that I will need my Vita on constant charge! I think PD will release one eventually, they did with the PSP and this is a lot more powerful in terms of relation to the PS3. Here's hoping they can get something up and running on it, it will be glorious!
If they don't announce at least the development of a Vita version then any hope of GT on the Vita or any other big Sony franchises coming is pretty much dead.

Sid

If they don't announce at least the development of a Vita version then any hope of GT on the Vita or any other big Sony franchises coming is pretty much dead.
The only big games the Vita will have this fall are Bend's new game and an AC spin off (probably),after that there'll probably be GR2 but it'll be pretty much finished with the big exclusives after that IMO.Sony will probably want to port as many Vita exclusives to it's consoles as early as it can to reap more profits.

Ravage

I've no idea how scalable their new tech is, but yup GT Vita would be glorious.

Well if GT6 is on ps4 you could always use remote access ;)

This will work too.

Toxa

Hey, since everyone is plugging their own.

My attempt to get everyone hyped for the GT5 NeoGAF League:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSMNcFqUeo&hd=1

The NRL needs you

YXEcf.png

spa908photoshop01kdaugy.jpg

LMP Race at Monza

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
Next Saturday 1/20

Allowed cars:
All LMP will be allowed.

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​
Tyre Selection
All Tyres​
Track:
Monza without Chicane​
Laps:
43 laps
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: Normal
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (1 / 16):
  • 01 - paskowitz
  • 02 -
  • 03 -
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - dubc35
  • R2 - ashk
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT
Race 2 quali will start promptly after race 1 finishes. After quali, race 2 will start immediately.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

Dibbz

Mega appreciative that many of you guys enjoyed the montage. Couldn't have done it without the awesome drivers here at GAF.

Sign me up for the next race Toxa/MM. Weather would be nice though *cough* :p

ruttyboy

Yeah I don't get this comment either. Anyway, the behind the car camera is the least of my concerns. I realise some people use it and thus they should just give people two alternative behind the car views.

I don't understand why they don't have a moveable behind the car position (within reason), then everyone can tailor it to their requirements. Surely once the engine is there, it's just a set of X,Y, Z coordinates that determines the camera?

Ty4on

Really hope they somehow give us analog accelerator/brake.

My driving style kind of falls apart playing GT PSP on the vita (acc/brk on L/R) because I've gotten used to playing on a controller without ABS and never using 100% of the brakes. It's especially painful through technical areas where you go from gently braking to gently accelerating and I end up just coasting until my car is barely moving or in the wall :(
Still a lot of fun, but some way of gently braking (tap the rear touch for 25% braking) would really help.

amar212

Really hope they somehow give us analog accelerator/brake.

It is there since the first game. You have to use right thumb for accel/brake. Voila.

By that, you can even master non-ABS driving, because you essentially do not use accelerator while braking and vice-versa. Also, you need to master usage of left thumb for steering and them you have L1/R1 (or L2/R2) for shifting.

It was my only way to play GT games before wheels came into picture and I still use it today in casual playing.

I am also mad as hell because 90% of modern driving games do not allow for mapping accel/brake on thumbs (especially X360 games, I am looking at you and forcing of the stupid triggers).

Thumbs Forever™

The_Monk

While I've not been with a lot of free time to post in here consider me very hyped fellow GAFfers!

I can't wait for this. PS3, PS4 and even with a touch of PS Vita, either way I'll be there Day One most likely!

Ty4on

It is there since the first game. You have to use right thumb for accel/brake. Voila.

By that, you can even master non-ABS driving, because you essentially do not use accelerator while braking and vice-versa. Also, you need to master usage of left thumb for steering and them you have L1/R1 (or L2/R2) for shifting.

Thumbs Forever™

I don't accelerate and brake at the same time, but I've never gotten used to the single axis. Braking just isn't inverted acceleration and there's just something really natural about sqeezing the brake gently and feel the car start to rotate. I use the analog for steering of course. Digital steering is way worse, but the system in GT PSP feels ok even though it's kinda "stepped". Without it the drifting would be impossible unless they made it totally RR.

Index finger forever?

tranciful

I don't understand why they don't have a moveable behind the car position (within reason), then everyone can tailor it to their requirements. Surely once the engine is there, it's just a set of X,Y, Z coordinates that determines the camera?

My guess is they don't have time to cater to arcade racing peasants. :p

Angst

Sorry but because of the copyright on the music I can't change it to allow it on mobiles :( I'd have no reason to block that otherwise.
Can you set the video to be playable on the ps3 app? That is blocked too for some reason.

Mascot

It was my only way to play GT games before wheels came into picture and I still use it today in casual playing.

I am also mad as hell because 90% of modern driving games do not allow for mapping accel/brake on thumbs (especially X360 games, I am looking at you and forcing of the stupid triggers).

Thumbs Forever™

Yep, there's a steep learning curve but the precision is incredible. It's the best way to play with a pad since 1997. Are there any heretics here who played using the analogue face buttons? Now THAT shit was ridiculous - hard and silly, like a clown with a flick-knife.

Anyway, seriously: invest in a racing seat and a FFB wheel. You'll never look back and rue the wasted years.

dalin80

Banned
Yep, there's a steep learning curve but the precision is incredible. It's the best way to play with a pad since 1997. Are there any heretics here who played using the analogue face buttons? Now THAT shit was ridiculous - hard and silly, like a clown with a flick-knife.

Anyway, seriously: invest in a racing seat and a FFB wheel. You'll never look back and rue the wasted years.

I love using the face buttons, its really very easy to judge force on them, for me the PS4 GT is simply going to be racing with TCS set permanently to full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom